• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt trailer - 1080p HQ version

Enkidu

Witcher 3 isn't coming out for the ps3 obviously (its ~8 years old). My argument is that nividia's "next gen fur tech" isn't exclusive to nividia hardware. They would be very stupid to limit themselves to only high end pcs in terms of their tech (from a money making standpoint. warframe is an example) as they have already demonstrated. I bet CD Project red is/will be able to implement nividias physX on ps4 and maybe xbox one given the caliber of people they have hired in the past. Vector math and massively parallel computing isn't quite as specialized as is once was.
PhysX can be licensed for the Wii, the fact that it also exists for PS4 means absolutely nothing. PhysX is just an SDK, so of course any PhysX tech can run on almost anything. The problem is, once you no longer have hardware acceleration fancy tech like fur simulation becomes a lot more costly. Can it be implemented on the PS4? Sure, it will run. Will it be worth the performance cost? That's an entirely different question.

-MD-

Witcher 3 isn't coming out for the ps3 obviously (its ~8 years old). My argument is that nividia's "next gen fur tech" isn't exclusive to nividia hardware. They would be very stupid to limit themselves to only high end pcs in terms of their tech (from a money making standpoint. warframe is an example) as they have already demonstrated. I bet CD Project red is/will be able to implement nividias physX on ps4 and maybe xbox one given the caliber of people they have hired in the past. Vector math and massively parallel computing isn't quite as specialized as is once was.

Incoming 22 fps Witcher 3.

kle89

Neo Member
I'm wondering if they're gonna port the first two to consoles for us to play to catch up with the story? Or do I have to build a supercomputer..

I'm wondering if they're gonna port the first two to consoles for us to play to catch up with the story? Or do I have to build a supercomputer..

Nope. It would've been announced by now. They'll probably

A. Expect you to be familiar one way or the other with the books/lore/games and just go on as if nothing happened.

or

B. Do a 'previously on The Witcher' cutscene. Probably animated like the Witcher 2 ones.

Top Bottom