• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt trailer - 1080p HQ version

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Courtesy of Blimblim and the crew over at Gamersyde.

~300MB download: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_the_witcher_3_vgx_trailer-14895_en.html

Confirmed completely in-engine, real time. Opening shots demonstrate implementation of Nvidia's fur tech, and the results are amazing.

furrbsj6.gif

Looks truly next-gen. This is the best complement anyone could give it.

There are only 2 next-gen games in development that I acknowledge:

- The Witcher 3
- The Division

HeelPower

I have watched frame by frame and couldn't catch any secret messages here or there....

What a ridiculous trailer.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
If I wasn't scared of being banned I'd say something about 1080p and black bars. :p

I'm hopeful for the open-world aspect of the game. I wasn't digging The Witcher 2 so much because of various technical issues but I hope this one will be better.

Seanspeed

Banned

- The Witcher 3
- The Division
The Witcher 2 already looked next-gen by console standards(on PC of course).

Its pretty flooring that this game not only looks better than Witcher 2, but is also open-world(and larger than Skyrim).

I didn't like the first two games quite as much as a lot of people seem to, but I'm quite excited about this one.

Still a bit worried the world will be split into sections similar to the Witcher 2 and not as truly open as something like Skyrim but I trust CDP. Suppose it's just hard to believe we're getting this level of fidelity!

KKRT00

Fur and cutscenes looked really nice, they've also added particles shadowing, but in 1080p You can clearly see all imperfections of assets in the city scenes.

Art is glorious though.

NeoGash

- The Witcher 3
- The Division

I agree, but I also have Infamous on my list. Sucker Punch made a great looking and playing world with Infamous 2! I still think that people are in for a rude awakening with The Division once Ubisoft show what it will actually look like on consoles (downgrade). Are we certain it won't be canned before laucnh? I haven't been following that game much since that gameplay demo.

Best looking game and most ambitious sounding next gen game....

Visually, the next gen games that impress me most so far are:

Witcher 3, The Division, The Order, Infamous, and maybe Deep Down if it is 1080p

The PS4 version will look similar too it, Hardly gonna be losing that much too the point that you wont know it's fur. 720p might make it look abit blurry tho but CDRED are pretty badass so we'll know in good time but it does look awesome.

The PS4 version will look similar too it, Hardly gonna be losing that much too the point that you wont know it's fur. 720p might make it look abit blurry tho but CDRED are pretty badass so we'll know in good time but it does look awesome.

Nah, this should be 1080p on PS4 I reckon.

Alej

Banned

Compute-wise, there should be no downgrade, the platform is very capable in this area. What worry me is framerate and IQ. Please don't be 720 or 900p.

I don't see why not...

But it probably won't be 60FPS like it will be on a $4000 PC.

800$ PC, next year, should be enough
I can survive the 30fps hit in this kind of game, though.

Can't wait to see how the ps4 version will turn out. I doubt my (current) pc will be able to run it with a smooth framerate.

ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

Love this part.

This will be the best western fantasty rpg since the ultima series...I haven't been this excited for a wrpg since Ultima Ascension (which was a let down).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I really hope the PhysX effects are well-optimised and don't come with the usual egregious performance penalty that is virtually or literally not reduced even when dedicating a GPU to the cause.

HeelPower

This will be the best western fantasty rpg since the ultima series...I haven't been this excited for a wrpg since Ultima Ascension (which was a let down).

I somehow feel like this game will send ripples across the genre...It just seems like they are taking everything to the next level and ,hopefully, without losing any of their strong qualities.

Heh, it was and it wasn't. The feeling of travelling around Brittannia, the huge Red Glyphed Towers (dungeons), Island of Skara Brae, the Buccaneer's Den, the last dungeon Island (forgot the name), Moonglow were terrific, incredible examples of never seen before 3D graphics. I was simply stunned that I was playing this in real time. Like I could not believe this world is 3D. It felt like a WORLD.

The game had absolutely next-gen graphics for its time. It was the Crysis/ 3D Mark of its time.
Everything that is bad about it: next-gen PC requirements, tons of bug is a residue of that.

Enkidu

This game looks absolutely amazing, even better now that we have a decent quality trailer too.

And don't worry people, the PS4 version will look fine. There might be some small graphical differences but the game will still look pretty much like it does in this trailer. The fur is really the big question mark at this point (since it's using nvidia tech) so you might get something more like this instead:
TgHaDPW.png

But that's not the end of the world.

GavinUK86

My system nearly melted playing The Witcher 2 at 1080/30 so god knows how it's going to handle The Witcher 3. Screw getting a PS4 I'm saving for a new rig.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I really hope the PhysX effects are well-optimised and don't come with the usual egregious performance penalty that is virtually or literally not reduced even when dedicating a GPU to the cause.

I think the fur will hurt preformance even 780 Ti, heavy PhysX stuff just never been kind to GPUs but damn they look so good.

Heh, it was and it wasn't. The feeling of travelling around Brittannia, the huge Red Glyphed Towers (dungeons), Island of Skara Brae, the Buccaneer's Den, the last dungeon Island (forgot the name), Moonglow were terrific, incredible examples of never seen before 3D graphics. I was simply stunned that I was playing this in real time. Like I could not believe this world is 3D. It felt like a WORLD.

The game had absolutely next-gen graphics for its time. It was the Crysis/ 3D Mark of its time.
Everything that is bad about it: next-gen PC requirements, tons of bug is a residue of that.

I think there was a bit of a trade off because obviously they werent able to represent the art as well as they did in the 2d games, and the story didnt feel as dark. The game felt like it lost a bit of character in the transition. My friend completed it in like 5 minutes by piling stuff up beside the 'impassable' wall and jumping over it haha. Also, there was not as much gameplay freedom as in previous ultima games i thought.

Did it release near Outcast? That game impressed me more from just about every angle. That was definitely the crysis of its time. Such an incredible game.

I am getting that feeling with this game, they one of the few big studios that are trully ambitious.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'll have to upgrade for this, won't I?

Rhetorical question, of course.

I think my 780 will be enough but CD Projekt RED games (Witcher 1/2) weren't optimized well and this might run like crap even for high end rigs. hopefully Nvidia help them somehow this time.

Lain

Blimblim delivers again.
The trailer on youtube made it look OK. The trailer downloaded from Gamersyde made it look absolutely stunning.

Jsheldon

As an XBone owner only ( due to a lack of must have exclusive software) I'm most interested to see how the mocrosoft console version stacks up, at least against the ps4 version. Should the cross platform disparity be glaringly obvious it could be time to add a second next gen console.

Never played a witcher game. Based on other's impressions of previous games I'm quite excited to have my first witcher game experience :), regardless of which console.

Yeah, that's my favourite part as well. Phenomenal art design.

I can barely believe that is from an open world game...!

Witcher 2 ran >30fps at 1080p on Ultra on my laptop which was quite a bit less powerful than PS4. I think if they optimize probably this should run well. It does look quite the leap up from Witcher 2 however...

Durante

Witcher 2 is still easily one of my favourite games aesthetically, and this finally looks like an upgrade across the board.

I'll upgrade to whatever I need to run it with decent IQ at 1440p.

Top Bottom