• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 XP bug is getting fixed but not until next week

ORIGINAL POST FROM CD RED

Marcin Momot
CD PROJEKT RED

Addressing the no XP Glitch

We would like to let everyone know that we are aware of the XP glitch players are reporting and we are working to have it fixed as soon as possible across all platforms (Monday for PC & patch 1.04 on consoles in the following days).

At the same time we want to shed some light on the issue. First of all, it doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

We hope this clears things up a bit. Again, rest assured, we won’t stop working on improving the game and there are more patches coming in the near future.

Apparently it's random and cannot be pinned down to any quest/contract type

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42937-Addressing-the-no-XP-Glitch

UPDATE #1 FROM DEVELOPMENT
Marcin Momot

'No. The XP won't be added back for the finished quests. Sorry about this.'

UPDATE #2 FROM DEVELOPMENT

Originally Posted by Marcin Momot View Post
As we mentioned, this bug doesn't cause too much experience loss in the long run so please enjoy the game during the weekend.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...no-XP-Glitch?p=1719448&viewfull=1#post1719448

UPDATE #3 FROM DEVELOPMENT
Originally Posted by Marcin Momot View Post
One more thing regarding this issue. It doesn't affect every quest but only some of them. That's how we know the experience loss is not that big in total numbers.

It will be fixed however. We are also looking into the possibility of gaining the missing XP retro-actively by the players. Can't promise anything here though.

UPDATE #4 FROM DEVELOPMENT
CD PROJEKT RED
Marcin Momot

1.05 is coming after the weekend. This patch will address majority of bugged quests.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42316-ETA-for-1-05-patch?p=1722071&viewfull=1#post1722071

UPDATE #5 FROM DEVELOPMENT

It may now be delayed until next week

DQdb76K.jpg

UPDATE #6 FROM DEVELOPMENT

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-(1-04-1-05)?p=1744055&viewfull=1#post1744055
We continue working on the patch. Can't give you the exact time it will release - sorry about that. Once I can share that info with you, I will.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/606167409972682752
Working on it as hard as we can. That's all I can say for now. Sorry.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So this no XP thing applies to consoles too after the latest patch?

God damn, guess it's time shelve it until it's fixed.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I noticed this on PC, but I thought it was a certain quest that just didn't give xp. Looks like I'll just wait to play some more until the patch.

LogicStep

Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game.

Does that mean I can keep playing the game and pay no mind to this issue?

Hystzen

The game throws such much exp in contracts and side stuff it really does not matter that main quests are not doing it. This will only affect people who are just rushing main quests and ignoring all the side stuff

kingocfs

I haven't noticed this at all. Is it just side quests? How can I reach an appropriate end game level if I can't level up?

Well, that means I'll play Bloodborne again.

Edit: Just the main quest ? Is that true, if so, I won't bother and play the weekend. I am level 20 and the recommended level for the main quest is 13.

Edit2: Is this a problem only on PC or consoles too ? I only have Patch 1.03 on my PS4.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Wow I didnt notice this, no wonder I level up so slow. Going to wait till momday to play this then. Ill be on bloodborne until its fixed

LogicStep

The game throws such much exp in contracts and side stuff it really does not matter that main quests are not doing it. This will only affect people who are just rushing main quests and ignoring all the side stuff

I see, so it's only main quests affected? I can keep doing side quests and other stuff?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

So does this only apply to mainline quests and not contracts / secondary?

The Goat

Pretty sure I've received XP for new quests. Done quite a few contracts and board quests since 1.04, and I've not noticed anything strange.

*PC version

Kuro

well fuck I just did a bunch of quests after 1.04. Explains why I'm kind of underleveled. Unbelievable.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It doesn't seem to be every quest. Some freshly obtained Witcher contracts still gave me XP as well as most side quests, but a few story line missions would give me XP and a few others wouldn't give me a drop.

This wouldn't normally be a huge problem except monsters and human kills give like 3-5 XP so quests are your main source of experience.

Without being able to get XP from quests that effectively halts your character progress.

It's kind of annoying.

Elios83

I'm level 8 finishing missions in Velen and about to go to Novigrad.
I don't think I've experienced any issue so far.
The game seems a bit easy though, I mean you're either overpowered if you're within the suggested levels or you just don't stand a chance.

Yep pretty much. I've been doing so much side content I didn't even realize main quests were bugged. I'm still leveling like crazy and am above the recommended level for my main quests

acidagfc

Whelp, I can just explore Velen and not move to Novigrad for now. I have not explored it too much, now is the time to do that.

KHlover

Banned
Another reason to stay on 1.03. Seems like I really dodged a bullet by sharing the purchase with my dad and let him have the GOG Galaxy code. Manual updates ftw

j-wood

Wait, are you sure that's the problem? I read on another site it was just quests that you were 6 levels above/below the recommended level

Wait how does this work, it's a glitch that happens on all the people who got 1.03 on PC or happens under certain conditions? I think I'm doing most quests that I picked some days ago, do I didn't really noticed anything.

Apparently any NEW quest picked up after patch 1.04 will not grant XP. Any quest picked up BEFORE patch 1.04 will grant xp

What is the source for this? I saw that it won't fix quests that you finished but I can't find the mention of quests being picked up pre/post patch.

Even though I notice the occasional main mission not giving me xp, Get Junior being the most obvious because I was expecting to level off that one, I'm still at a higher level than where I'm at in the story so it's not affecting me at all.

d9b

Banned
Wait how does this work, it's a glitch that happens on all the people who got 1.03 on PC or happens under certain conditions? I think I'm doing most quests that I picked some days ago, do I didn't really noticed anything.
XP bug is happening across all 3 platforms at the moment (PS4,PC and Bone).

Top Bottom