• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3's Blood and Wine Reportedly Launching June 7th

So far away ;_;

If true, that will give me a couple of weeks to get through my third playthrough of W3 before NMS drops. Can't wait!

sublimit

Banned
I think the setting of this expansion will really match nicely with the time it comes out (sunny clear blue skies and all) Can't wait to play it.Hopefully they will make another special edition with another 2 Gwent decks (Northern realms and Nilfgard).

Where's my standalone Gwent though?!

Probably never happening. Gwent is designed to be unbalanced. It's what makes it fun. After a certain point it's almost impossible to lose.

I think the setting of this expansion will really match nicely with the time it comes out (sunny clear blue skies and all) Can't wait to play it.Hopefully they will make another special edition with another 2 Gwent decks (Northern realms and Nilfgard).

They released the Northern Realms and Nilfgaardian decks with the XBone special edition.

There's still one more left though. ;)

sublimit

Banned
Probably never happening. Gwent is designed to be unbalanced. It's what makes it fun. After a certain point it's almost impossible to lose.

They released the Northern Realms and Nilfgaardian decks with the XBone special edition.

There's still one more left though. ;)

I didn't knew that the collectors editions had gwent decks as well..I was actually talking about the physical version of the first expansion (for PS4).

So they released the Scoia'tael and the monster decks twice for PS4?(once for the CE and once for the physical release of Hearts of Stone?)

And which one is left? :p

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully, CDPR releases a game of the year version in the fall with all the patches, DLC and expansions for $60. I'll easily buy the game twice.

Wakka212

Main game was unreal, Hearts of Stone was incredible, Blood & Wine will push it to another level.

The Witcher 3 suite makes it one of the greatest RPGs ever made. ever.

Expansion and all, but this is probably longer than the three other single player games I'm thinking of getting around that time put together. I don't have that much time. Mirror's Edge would have to wait, I guess.

Came back to Witcher 3 yesterday. Turns out the mods I had have been invalidated by the recent patches so I get a script error when I start. Closed the game down. Will wait for xpac. More looking forward to FO4 creation kit though. W3 was a terrific game, but I think a mod kit would've went a long way in keeping the hype up.

Doomedfool

Can't wait. As soon as this comes out, I am going to do a full play through. To hell with the rest of my free time. Maybe this time I will actually take the time to learn gwent :p

I liked Hearts of Stone, I received that as a gift through steam because a friend of mine saw that I hadn't bought it yet.

I thought it held up well to anything in the main game, but I didn't feel it was as amazing as everyone said. I was especially disappointed with the ***Major Spoiler***
they finally reveal the Man of Glass aka Master Mirror aka Gaunter O'Dimm, was basically a lame elf looking thing. I was expecting something far more lovecraftian and sinister.

I hope Blood and Wine will be better in a sense that I hope the story has a bit more to it, and hopefully more monster contracts because I love me some detective Geralt monster hunting.

Dude, super hyped for Toussaint, because it was talked about in so many books I collected in TW3.

And which one is left? :p

You'll have to wait and see. ;)

I personally don't care sbout getting things spoilt. So if you're like me, read this.

Link To SPOILERS:

These are only feature spoilers, there are no story spoilers here.

All of that is fake. Sorry to disappoint you, but that user, DarthasBinar, said on the forums that he made it all up for the lulz. The way the game is designed, it's simply impossible to play the combat in first person. That should have been your first clue.

There is a lot of real info out there, data-mined from the 1.12 patch files. However, one persons fantasies are not real.

Heartfyre

Desperately want to know if they're doing another retail edition with the other two Gwent decks.

I'm exactly the same. I only used the Northern Kingdoms and Nilfgaard decks in the game, and they're the only two I don't have now. As much as I'm excited for the expansion, I'm equally excited for those mounds of printed card.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Fine with me! I was kind hoping it would release towards the end of June so I could play it during my week off but oh well.

Apart from loading the game up now and then to do a bit of looting and making coin I'm pretty much ready to go. Beat HoS and my Viper armor is upgraded with runes/glyphs (not giving that Runewright any more money).

I hope the rumors are true that
Vilgefortz
is making an appearance. That would be insane and be a fitting end to the trilogy of games. This character is so important to the plot of the books.
He helps Emhyr Var Emreis take the throne who promises to give him control over the North. He also wants Ciri's power as if he isn't powerful enough. For example, he single handedly takes on and defeats Geralt, Yennefer, and the high vampire Regis.
What a boss fight that would be.

Fine with me! I was kind hoping it would release towards the end of June so I could play it during my week off but oh well.

Apart from loading the game up now and then to do a bit of looting and making coin I'm pretty much ready to go. Beat HoS and my Viper armor is upgraded with runes/glyphs (not giving that Runewright any more money).

I hope the rumors are true that
Vilgefortz
is making an appearance. That would be insane and be a fitting end to the trilogy of games. This character is so important to the plot of the books.
He helps Emhyr Var Emreis take the throne who promises to give him control over the North. He also wants Ciri's power as if he isn't powerful enough. For example, he single handedly takes on and defeats Geralt, Yennefer, and the high vampire Regis.
What a boss fight that would be.

Most definitely! They specifically mentioned that there would be a lot of book characters in the expansion, and that the main antagonist would be intriguing, more along the lines of O'Dimm than Eredin. We also know that
Regis
isn't dead, Sapkowski has already confirmed that years ago. It's why Geralt doesn't see him when he has that vision in the Lady of the Lake.

There's also the ridiculous theory that
Vilgefortz
is Nibbles the Cat, and that's why the cat appears in so many important cutscenes in the game.

Wvrs

Out of country (and away from my Xbox) for some 7 weeks from the 22nd of June, so I hope this is the case. Was beginning to worry I wouldn't play this until early September.

Ive stopped playing the Witcher 3 because I don't really like playing games that might be improved in the future, and consider CD projekt tend to add significant improvements with updates, I'm waiting until this is out.

Also c'mon DX12 update!

Great news. Now I can finish the main game, start the first dlc. Can't believe how many hours I played it till now and I love it. Best decision ever to buy a ps4 for this game.

Diablos54

Can't wait to start a NG+ with both DLC's, the base game was a fantastic ride so I'm really looking forward to jumping back into Geralts world.

Unfortunately no,as i've already bought the season pass months ago. My source is the owner of a local games store.

Thanks for the info. That's some sexy box art. Makes up for the boring design used on the base game. If he's offering pre-orders, what's the release date?

The enemy there looks like something out of Bloodborne. I can't wait! Geralt, the Count of Monte-Cristo. :p

J4g3r

That's 2 months for me to finish playing through it on PC.

At least it'll take about 10 hours less this time with these loading times.

Wish I had held out and avoided the PS4 version honestly.

JarrodL

Some local games store in Jakarta already opened pre order for the physical copies of Blood & Wine and yes,it does include two decks of gwent cards.

The boxart (may contain spoiler) : http://i.imgur.com/19ht7iH.jpg

Wat
cPUcZJJ.gif

tuxfool

Banned
You'll have to wait and see. ;)

All of that is fake. Sorry to disappoint you, but that user, DarthasBinar, said on the forums that he made it all up for the lulz. The way the game is designed, it's simply impossible to play the combat in first person. That should have been your first clue.

There is a lot of real info out there, data-mined from the 1.12 patch files. However, one persons fantasies are not real.

Haha. Thanks. The way I read it was that it was a first person view mode.

Top Bottom