• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher (Netflix)

Freeman76

People realizing that minorities were extremely under represented in media coming from a country that supposedly prides itself on diversity and immigrants, and supporting both with their wallets and what ever other infleuce they have better representation= racism, defined as prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Thats fantastic. You all keep tying.

You literally are the problem with this snowflake bullshit world we live in, and contribute more to the problem than you will probably ever realise. I hope when you are an adult you look back on all this and change in some way man, until then you are lost, and thank heavens for GAF introducing an ignore button, as you my friend, are worth pressing it for. Restera is the place for you, they will embrace your bullshit with open arms and fluff your pillows for days, maybe you should join if you arent already a highly respected member (which would not surprise me at all!)

Last edited:

Durask

Watched two episodes. Getting a strong Xena vibe from it, sorta like Xena with more blood.
So far my impression of it is "sorta OK". Nothing mind blowing.

Renozokii

You literally are the problem with this snowflake bullshit world we live in, and contribute more to the problem than you will probably ever realise. I hope when you are an adult you look back on all this and change in some way man, until then you are lost, and thank heavens for GAF introducing an ignore button, as you my friend, are worth pressing it for. Restera is the place for you, they will embrace your bullshit with open arms and fluff your pillows for days, maybe you should join if you arent already a highly respected member (which would not surprise me at all!)

Imagine using snowflake unironically and making massive assumptions about me because I don't mind people of color in media made to entertain, doubly so when the author himself supports it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Zerrikanians are black.

Careful there bud, you're ruining your own narrative,

Oh that's fine. Anyone with an above double digit IQ and a basic knowledge of logic can easily read how pointless and irrelevant your ramblings are. Carry on

and-fringilla-vigo-dejected-sad-and-pale-with-a-truly-67329952.png

The concept of what an adaptation is seems lost on you, as is who an adaptor is beholden to it seems (certainly not the game or derivative fan art for starters). There's a whole world of difference between the actual stories written by Sapkowski in the books and how they've been adapted to fit the show. At most an Adaptation should follow the beats of a story in terms of outcome, but it's widely accepted by most people that things aren't going to line up 1 for 1, least of all when it comes to casting. Hell, look at The Expanse. The actual authors of the books themselves are key writers on the show and are heavily involved in the production and even with that, they're having to shift things around and change characters all the time. They even had the temerity to cast a Woman of Native American Heritage in what was originally a Male Characters role. Those absolute progressive shitlords right? 🤔

The next time you get that song in my head for 2 straight days, I'll feed you to a striga.

*Kadayi will remember this* :messenger_musical:

Katsura

Careful there bud, you're ruining your own narrative,

The concept of what an adaptation is seems lost on you, as is who an adaptor is beholden to it seems (certainly not the game or derivative fan art for starters). There's a whole world of difference between the actual stories written by Sapkowski in the books and how they've been adapted to fit the show. At most an Adaptation should follow the beats of a story in terms of outcome, but it's widely accepted by most people that things aren't going to line up 1 for 1, least of all when it comes to casting. Hell, look at The Expanse. The actual authors of the books themselves are key writers on the show and are heavily involved in the production and even with that, they're having to shift things around and change characters all the time. They even had the temerity to cast a Woman of Native American Heritage in what was originally a Male Characters role. Those absolute progressive shitlords right? 🤔

*Kadayi will remember this* :messenger_musical:
Yes, black washing characters for diversity is absolutely similar to LOTR not following the books line by line. How much more dishonest can you get in your crusade to justify racism? Also, please answer the previous question. You keep running away when faced with something you cannot answer and then return only to pretend like it did not happen. Since we have established that your 'appealing to a global audience' is clearly false, why did they decide to black wash it?

Kadayi

Banned
Yes, black washing characters for diversity is absolutely similar to LOTR not following the books line by line. How much more dishonest can you get in your crusade to justify racism? Also, please answer the previous question. You keep running away when faced with something you cannot answer and then return only to pretend like it did not happen. Since we have established that your 'appealing to a global audience' is clearly false, why did they decide to black wash it?

How are they blackwashing a fictional character exactly? It's an adaptation, they're not obligated to follow the books verbatim in every regard. Hell, Renfri is described as a blonde in the books...yet they cast a Brunette... where's your tirade about that?

How is it Racist? Against whom exactly? It's a fictional Universe

Just because someones creative choices don't align with your particular sensibilities doesn't magically invalidate their work. It just means it's not for you.

Also, I find it quite amusing that you still haven't acknowledged that Anna Shaffer isn't actually black as your purport btw.

As for Fringilla, where they cast an actual black actress, and then they made her one of the main Villians of the piece. If the showrunners are all about that diversity why on earth would they make her a Villian versus casting a Black Actor as Jaskier? Or any other number of positive role models?

If they were going down the 'racism' route as you suggest wouldn't it be better if all the Villians were White?

I look forward to your inevitable refusal to engage with any of the points raised above, whilst simultaneously suggesting I'm not 'answering the question' when you haven't actually presented one from what I can tell (there I'm even giving you a lead to latch on to, so you can refuse to engage with the points raised). :pie_eyeroll:

You lack basic reading comprehension..

And you don't listen to mods it seems. 🤔

Last edited:

Katsura

How are they blackwashing a fictional character exactly? It's an adaptation, they're not obligated to follow the books verbatim in every regard. Hell, Renfri is described as a blonde in the books...yet they cast a Brunette... where's your tirade about that?

How is it Racist? Against whom exactly? It's a fictional Universe

Just because someones creative choices don't align with your particular sensibilities doesn't magically invalidate their work. It just means it's not for you.

Also, I find it quite amusing that you still haven't acknowledged that Anna Shaffer isn't actually black as your purport btw.

As for Fringilla, where they cast an actual black actress, and then they made her one of the main Villians of the piece. If the showrunners are all about that diversity why on earth would they make her a Villian versus casting a Black Actor as Jaskier? Or any other number of positive role models?

If they were going down the 'racism' route as you suggest wouldn't it be better if all the Villians were White?

I look forward to your inevitable refusal to engage with any of the points raised above, whilst simultaneously suggesting I'm not 'answering the question' when you haven't actually presented one from what I can tell (there I'm even giving you a lead to latch on to, so you can refuse to engage). :pie_eyeroll:

And you don't listen to mods it seems. 🤔
I literally repeated the question in the post you quoted. Either you answer it or we're done. I'm tired of your red herrings on top of your blatant intellectual dishonesty. Yes, Anna Shaffer is not black. She is sure not northern european white with red hair either. Now, answer my question and stop with these hit and run posts while trying to evade it

Why are they casting black characters for white roles? I have already shot down your 'appeal to a global audience' so explain why, if it's not forced diversity

Renozokii

I literally repeated the question in the post you quoted. Either you answer it or we're done. I'm tired of your red herrings on top of your blatant intellectual dishonesty. Yes, Anna Shaffer is not black. She is sure not northern european white with red hair either. Now, answer my question and stop with these hit and run posts while trying to evade it

Why are they casting black characters for white roles? I have already shot down your 'appeal to a global audience' so explain why, if it's not forced diversity

Oh she's not EUROPEAN white! LOL

"I've been caught yet in yet another lie, I'll fix it by massively moving the goal posts!"

"Why are they casting black characters for white roles?"

They aren't white roles though. With the world and characters being purely fictional, the creators can make the roles for whoever they want.

As for the why, because the show is being made in the US as opposed to Europe, and the show takes place in a completely made up place, the casting crew decided to not hate diversity, and hire some black people. Disgusting, I know. But it's almost like there are 40 million black people in the us, and then refusing to give them gigs in a show taking place in a fictional place doesn't make sense to most people.

"I have already shot down your 'appeal to a global audience' so explain why, if it's not forced diversity"

You didn't really shoot anything down though bud. You said only 13% of americans are black. I asked you if more than 13% of the show is black. Then you just got mad I replied to you.

Katsura

Oh she's not EUROPEAN white! LOL

"I've been caught yet in yet another lie, I'll fix it by massively moving the goal posts!"

"Why are they casting black characters for white roles?"

They aren't white roles though. With the world and characters being purely fictional, the creators can make the roles for whoever they want.

As for the why, because the show is being made in the US as opposed to Europe, and the show takes place in a completely made up place, the casting crew decided to not hate diversity, and hire some black people. Disgusting, I know. But it's almost like there are 40 million black people in the us, and then refusing to give them gigs in a show taking place in a fictional place doesn't make sense to most people.

"I have already shot down your 'appeal to a global audience' so explain why, if it's not forced diversity"

You didn't really shoot anything down though bud. You said only 13% of americans are black. I asked you if more than 13% of the show is black. Then you just got mad I replied to you.
Another wall of nonsense. You realise no one cares about your opinion except the other SJW. You've both been destroyed by logic and yet you keep on. You even admit now that it is forced diversity. I'm glad you finally mustered enough reading comprehension to understand. Now that you have owned yourself i think you deserve a place on my ignore list though i expect your stay here on GAF to be short one. Bubye

Last edited:

Renozokii

Another wall of nonsense. You realise no one cares about your opinion except the other SJW. You've both been destroyed by logic and yet you keep on. You even admit now that it is forced diversity. I'm glad you finally mustered enough reading comprehension to understand. Now that you have owned yourself i think you deserve a place on my ignore list though i expect your stay here on GAF to be short one. Bubye

>Another wall of nonsense

Sowy. I guess I just though such a double digit iq man would be able to handle it ),:

>You realise no one cares about your opinion except the other SJW.

Why do you keep responding if you don't care?

>You've both been destroyed by logic and yet you keep on.

You mind pointing to me where that happened? I don't recall. Also if I'm going to get destroyed by someone with a double digit iq, could there be some facts and links thrown in? Pretty please?

>You even admit now that it is forced diversity.

Where :messenger_grimmacing_

>Now that you have owned yourself i think you deserve a place on my ignore list though i expect your stay here on GAF to be short one. Bubye

Awesome now you get to pretend that you won.... forever!!

Kadayi

Banned
I literally repeated the question in the post you quoted

LMAO, so your 'question' is this leading drivel here?

"Since we have established that your 'appealing to a global audience' is clearly false, why did they decide to black wash it? "

So because Netflix isn't allowed in China, that somehow means that they're not pursuing a Global audience, therefore by your logic = Racism?

That's not a question, that's some chem-trail thinking that would make even Alex Jones proud.

Either you answer it or we're done.

You were done several posts back tbh. Feel free to exit stage left though.

She is sure not northern european white with red hair either

And neither was Triss in the books

Why are they casting black characters for white roles?

Because its an adaptation (see the previous post on that) That it's apparently a bridge too far you to handle almost a month on since the show aired is your cross to bear at the end of the day. The rest of us (outside of the coterie of hate watchers here) look forward to your no doubt insightful input come Season 2.

Last edited:

Katsura

Because its an adaptation (see the previous post on that) That it's apparently a bridge too far you to handle almost a month on since the show aired is your cross to bear at the end of the day. The rest of us (outside of the coterie of hate watchers here) look forward to your no doubt insightful input come Season 2.
That's not a reason and it's clear you're not going to answer the question. You're dishonest and incapable of making logic based arguments. We're done

Kadayi

Banned
That's not a reason and it's clear you're not going to answer the question. You're dishonest and incapable of making logic based arguments. We're done

You're not after logic. You presume that it's 'either my way or the highway' in terms of how the show is created. But the reality is, you don't have any ownership over the material. You have the right to be offended/disappointed, but you don't have the right to anything more than that. For better or worse the Showrunners elected to go down the route they went when it came to casting, direction etc. As is there were only a handful of POC in the show, most being largely peripheral save Fringilla, and I can't say any of them put in poor performance (I was more concerned about the Queen's captain seemingly being a fat bastard versus the colour of his skin). Would those roles somehow be dramatically much better if they went to white actors instead? I don't think it matters a damn when all is said and done.

See your issue isn't about what was produced versus your expectations. You remind me of the avid Book Reader types who used to be all vocally 'Not my tempo' when GOT first came out. Getting terrifically upset because Winterfell in the Show wasn't quite like they imagined or that Tyrion wasn't ugly enough for them or that Dany didn't have purple eyes or was older than 14 any other number of trivial aspects that didn't really have any bearing on the heart of the show in terms of the actual storytelling beats, but somehow garnered their unending scorn to the extent that one wondered why anyone in their right mind would even try and please them in the first place.

Am I saying the show is beyond criticism? Not at all, but it should be measured on its own success/failure as an experience as with any creative endeavour versus against the tent pole of one's expectations.

Katsura

You're not after logic. You presume that it's 'either my way or the highway' in terms of how the show is created. But the reality is, you don't have any ownership over the material. You have the right to be offended/disappointed, but you don't have the right to anything more than that. For better or worse the Showrunners elected to go down the route they went when it came to casting, direction etc. As is there were only a handful of POC in the show, most being largely peripheral save Fringilla, and I can't say any of them put in poor performance (I was more concerned about the Queen's captain seemingly being a fat bastard versus the colour of his skin). Would those roles somehow be dramatically much better if they went to white actors instead? I don't think it matters a damn when all is said and done.

See your issue isn't about what was produced versus your expectations. You remind me of the avid Book Reader types who used to be all vocally 'Not my tempo' when GOT first came out. Getting terrifically upset because Winterfell in the Show wasn't quite like they imagined or that Tyrion wasn't ugly enough for them or that Dany didn't have purple eyes or was older than 14 any other number of trivial aspects that didn't really have any bearing on the heart of the show in terms of the actual storytelling beats, but somehow garnered their unending scorn to the extent that one wondered why anyone in their right mind would even try and please them in the first place.

Am I saying the show is beyond criticism? Not at all, but it should be measured on its own success/failure as an experience as with any creative endeavour versus against the tent pole of one's expectations.
No, i was asking a simple question that you have refused to answer several times. As this was actually a well thought out reply without insults i will try once more - why did they decide to cast pocs? Because it's an adaptation is not an answer because you could easily make an adaption without casting pocs. So why did they do it?

Kadayi

Banned
No, i was asking a simple question that you have refused to answer several times. As this was actually a well thought out reply without insults i will try once more - why did they decide to cast pocs? Because it's an adaptation is not an answer because you could easily make an adaption without casting pocs. So why did they do it?

Why do you think I have the answer? I just don't find the casting objectionable. The series isn't set in historical Europe, it isn't even set in this world. It's a work of fiction. If you want to know why how about you ask the showrunner? She's on Twitter after all.

Last edited:

Katsura

Why do you think I have the answer? I just don't find the casting objectionable. The series isn't set in historical Europe, it isn't even set in this world. If you want to know why ? How about you ask the showrunner? She's on Twitter
No, i'm asking your opinion. I've stated why i think it is and you clearly disagree so you must have an opinion on why they did it

Kadayi

Banned
No, i'm asking your opinion. I've stated why i think it is and you clearly disagree so you must have an opinion on why they did it

That might be a question you're interested in, but its not one I am. I just don't find any merit to the arguments you or other's have made as to why the show cannot have POC in it. As there's no reason for them not to be there, there's no reason to speculate why.

Last edited:

Katsura

That might be a question you're interested in, but its not one I am. I just don't find any merit to the arguments you or other's have made as to why the show cannot have POC in it.
Well you could have saved us a lot of time by simply saying that you acknowledge it's pandering or forced diversity and you don't mind. I do mind though and i don't appreciate being called a racist for simply objecting to this nonsense. You may not agree with my viewpoint but i have said nothing racist in this thread nor has anyone else to my knowledge

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
]Well you could have saved us a lot of time by simply saying that you acknowledge it's pandering or forced diversity and you don't mind.

Why? If people make bad arguments (as you have amongst others) you deserve to get called out on your BS.

I do mind though and i don't appreciate being called a racist by simply objecting to this nonsense

Feel free to find the post where I called you racist. I'll wait.

Last edited:

Katsura

Why? If people make bad arguments (as you have) you deserve to get called out on your BS

Feel free to find the post where I called you racist. I'll wait.
I haven't made bad arguments. Just because you disagree with them don't make them bad. They're supported by logic and facts. The implication in your first post was that i was pretty much a step up from racist because i objected to this liberal american nonsense

Kadayi

Banned
I haven't made bad arguments. Just because you disagree with them don't make them bad.

You failed at every step to present a cogent argument for why POC couldn't be in the show. The shows not a historical drama it's not bound by European history or anything. It's a fantasy series., with Monsters, Witches, Curses, Elves and Dragons, but apparently, because *reasons* no POC allowed because that's too unbelievable right. 🤔

The implication in your first post was that i was pretty much a step up from racist because i objected to this liberal american nonsense

You're losing your shit because there are POC in a fantasy series, and you're objecting vehemently when people are telling you to roll with it.

Katsura

You failed at every step to present a cogent argument for why POC couldn't be in the show. The shows not a historical drama it's not bound by European history or anything. It's a fantasy series., with Monsters, Witches, Curses, Elves and Dragons, but apparently, because *reasons* no POC allowed because that's too unbelievable right. 🤔

You're losing your shit because there are POC in a fantasy series, and you're objecting vehemently when people are telling you to roll with it.
Ok, we're done. I have absolutely not failed at every step, you're just to ignorant to understand why. You keep being incredibly dishonest and fling shit, hoping that something sticks. I gave you the benefit of the doubt but there is zero chance of you being able to contribute anything remotely intelligent. You constantly evade simple questions because we both know that if you didn't, you'd have to admit that i'm right. You are by far the most dishonest person i've engaged with here and you overestimate your own ability to debate. If ever the chess with a pigeon meme was applicable, it's here. You have not presented a single decent argument, resorting to generic and completely meaningless statements such as 'dude it's an adaptation lol'. Then, when presented with actual facts, you run away only to return a few hours later throwing new shit and pretending like the previous situation never happened. You actually thought 'this question doesn't interest me' was a valid argument. It's laughable

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Ok, we're done. I have absolutely not failed at every step, you're just to ignorant to understand why. You keep being incredibly dishonest and fling shit, hoping that something sticks. I gave you the benefit of the doubt but there is zero chance of you being able to contribute anything remotely intelligent. You constantly evade simple questions because we both know that if you didn't, you'd have to admit that i'm right. You are by far the most dishonest person i've engaged with here and you overestimate your own ability to debate. If ever the chess with a pigeon meme was applicable, it's here. You have not presented a single decent argument, resorting to generic and completely meaningless statements such as 'dude it's an adaptation lol'. Then, when presented with actual facts, you run away only to return a few hours later throwing new shit and pretending like the previous situation never happened. You actually thought 'this question doesn't interest me' was a valid argument. It's laughable

^
Projection, the post.

• Ignorant.
  • Dishonest
  • Not remotely intelligent
  • Has not presented a single decent argument
  • resorting to generic and completely meaningless statements
  • Ignores previous posts and refuses to answer questions

Can't believe people compare this tripe to the golden days of game of thrones. One of the rare occasions that I agree with the critic score and not the audience one.

Reactions: Fuz

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I love this show and I know the upcoming seasons will be epic but I don't know why some are comparing the witcher to GOT ! .. one of my friends saw the witcher and after the second episode he said " Game of thrones is better and this is nothing like it " ... WTF is wrong with your mind ? .. it's so stupid to compare something has a legacy with a show just started and the two shows are so different.. my favourite show is GOT yes but The witcher is something else and come on season one just finished ..

I said It before the witcher season one wasn't perfect but great .. hope Season 2 have more and more about geralt and Ciri + side quest please

I love this show and I know the upcoming seasons will be epic but I don't know why some are comparing the witcher to GOT ! .. one of my friends saw the witcher and after the second episode he said " Game of thrones is better and this is nothing like it " ... WTF is wrong with your mind ? .. it's so stupid to compare something has a legacy with a show just started and the two shows are so different.. my favourite show is GOT yes but The witcher is something else and come on season one just finished ..

I said It before the witcher season one wasn't perfect but great .. hope Season 2 have more and more about geralt and Ciri + side quest please
And why exactly you can't compare the quality of the first seasons of two shows that take place in fantasy ancient worlds that involve a lot of politics? The comparison couldn't be more valid. The witcher season 1 was poor by any merit and especially compared to GOT season 1.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
You failed at every step to present a cogent argument for why POC couldn't be in the show.

They are not in books (in way show depicts it). The only POC there are, are from Zerikania (Tea and Vea from books and show, Azar Javed from TW1) and Ofir (not really in books but in games via Heart of Stone DLC).

Imagine for a second that dude from Black Panter was changed for white dude. You would think fans would have problem with it no ?

Show properly shown Tea and Vea as black people from Zerrikania which is why no fan of books have any complains. The problem is when you start changing characters depictions and you clash with fans. Because they are no longer books characters anymore. Ethnicity of kingdoms is really really really important part of medievil setting because without proper setup for ethnicity you can't have realistic conflicts. If you have population from which 50% are black then obvious question is where those white (or black) refugees came ? Because if they would live in one kingdom for 100s of years they would be already brownish without divide to black and white. Secondly if they are still divided it means that there is severe issue of racism as people don't want to mix which means it is not kingdom at all.

Either way, some garbage race shenanigans of actors is minuscule problem. The much bigger problem is complete butchering of source material. Frankly speaking it is not Witcher but Watcher, Wutcher or some other fake shit as show has only thing in common with books Geralt and Jaskier and some names.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
And why exactly you can't compare the quality of the first seasons of two shows that take place in fantasy ancient worlds that involve a lot of politics? The comparison couldn't be more valid. The witcher season 1 was poor by any merit and especially compared to GOT season 1.

for me the two shows are different both are telling very different stories in very different worlds , the comparison is not in the right spot
GOT takes more season to build that reputation and became on of the greatest shows ever ( without S8 ) but when it comes to the witcher its way different still building up with the world fill with monsters and a tail of a witcher's path a cross destiny and other things ahead ...

DaMonsta

They are not in books (in way show depicts it). The only POC there are, are from Zerikania (Tea and Vea from books and show, Azar Javed from TW1) and Ofir (not really in books but in games via Heart of Stone DLC).
The books don’t say much about skin color, and the person who wrote the books has more to do with the show, than any other Witcher media out there.

Imagine for a second that dude from Black Panter was changed for white dude. You would think fans would have problem with it no ?
not an apt comparison for a multitude of reasons. Number one being, the black panthers skin color is intrinsically tied to who the character is and why the character exists. The side characters in The Witcher are not defined by their skin color in a fantasy world, where you are just as likely to see a Golden Dragon or a mutated elf.

Conversely imagine the Black Panther movie having absolutely no white people in it. That would be ridiculous, and that’s what you are asking for here.

Show properly shown Tea and Vea as black people from Zerrikania which is why no fan of books have any complains. The problem is when you start changing characters depictions and you clash with fans. Because they are no longer books characters anymore. Ethnicity of kingdoms is really really really important part of medievil setting because without proper setup for ethnicity you can't have realistic conflicts. If you have population from which 50% are black then obvious question is where those white (or black) refugees came ? Because if they would live in one kingdom for 100s of years they would be already brownish without divide to black and white. Secondly if they are still divided it means that there is severe issue of racism as people don't want to mix which means it is not kingdom at all.
And this is pretty telling to me.

In a world with mutant people, hedgehog kings, witches, portals, time travel, swamp monsters, Dragons, Elfs, magic, and any other fantasy element you can think of, your hang up on the believability of the show is the skin color of the human characters and their canon racism or lack there of.

That’s crazy to me. Here I am wondering how the hell a person can teleport across time and space, and your wondering how a black guy got in the palace.

Either way, some garbage race shenanigans of actors is minuscule problem. The much bigger problem is complete butchering of source material. Frankly speaking it is not Witcher but Watcher, Wutcher or some other fake shit as show has only thing in common with books Geralt and Jaskier and some names.
Seems the guy that created The Witcher, thinks it’s pretty good.

Last edited:

DonF

I just watched the 2 first episodes. I suppose this is developed more towards people who don't play the games, since Yennefer here is deformed and weak, ciri is also weak.

Still it kept me entertained. I will watch the whole series.

Man this thread got Resetera'd pretty hard. I enjoyed the show, I didn't agree with some of the character decisions taken, but since the main characters were mostly respected I managed to roll with it.

I found Triss not as bad as I initially thought, but she is supposed to be a head-turning beauty, and this ain't it chief, she was as plain as plain can be. The characterization needed some work. Maybe better clothes or a different haircut would have helped.

ultrazilla

Just got through my second binge watch of the show. Love it but the damn time-line jumps were executed TERRIBLY. Very hard
to follow IMO. Hopefully now that Geralt has met up with Ciri, Season 2 will stop with the time jumps and stay in the "present".

ultrazilla

I just watched the 2 first episodes. I suppose this is developed more towards people who don't play the games, since Yennefer here is deformed and weak, ciri is also weak.

Still it kept me entertained. I will watch the whole series.

Do keep on watching. I think you'll be happy with how Yennefer's story unfolds. :messenger_winking:

Just got through my second binge watch of the show. Love it but the damn time-line jumps were executed TERRIBLY. Very hard
to follow IMO. Hopefully now that Geralt has met up with Ciri, Season 2 will stop with the time jumps and stay in the "present".

This show would have benefited IMMENSELY from timestamps. A simple "10 years ago" "50 years ago" "Now" would have made a world of difference.

It was totally intended and in my opinion it worked on detriment of the show.

mitchman

Gold Member
That will change significantly later on.

Last edited:

DonF

That will change significantly later on.
I mean, the twist of "omg Yennefer is actually hot and powerful" or that she is going to meet geralt once she is powerful, so her story is clearly a flashback, is kinda lost if you've played the games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom