• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1 is free today on XBLA (for both Gold and Silver members)

Title says it all.

Link

Just grabbed it on a silver account, so this is for everybody. Seems like a week long deal, but it might only be today (Dec 24) so I'd grab it now just in case.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm really looking forward to playing it but I seriously CBA plugging the 360 back in again. I'll just bide my time for more episodes and a steam sale.

/:
I will never buy a Telltale season pass again.
Damn impulse buy. Not that this impractical matters as buying the season pass makes the first episode free anyway.

No updates, unfullfulled promises, and spastic releases.
It's no wonder they got the GoT license GrrM would be proud.

Title says it all.

Link

Just grabbed it on a silver account, so this is for everybody. Today only, I'm pretty sure.
Appreciate the heads up! Was thinking about buying this but always approach Telltale products with trepidation. If it's good I'll grab it on Steam provided it's a Flash/Daily again.

NateDrake

Played it on PC but I'll gladly it on Xbox 360 along with Walking Dead S2 Ep. 1 this week. Good gaming times await thee!

You need a CC on file to get anything from the website.

Should have no problems just from the console, though some people have reported it asking for a CC there lately too.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Since when did they add the CC requirement on the webstore ? I haven't bought anything since a year, but it never required me to add a CC before.

Kajiba

You need a CC on file to get anything from the website.

Should have no problems just from the console, though some people have reported it asking for a CC there lately too.

Yeah, Try to do it online and it asked for CC. I said fuck that noise and turned on my console to download it from there. Must be a bug/Glitch or something.

lucius

Thanks I got it on silver, my Gold just expired like a few days ago, makes me more likely to play the whole game on 360 now if I like it.

sangreal

Since when did they add the CC requirement on the webstore ? I haven't bought anything since a year, but it never required me to add a CC before.

since point conversion

you can go to billing.microsoft.com and remove any CCs that are not tied to a subscription renewal though. You don't have to keep it on file

ElRenoRaven

since point conversion

you can go to billing.microsoft.com and remove any CCs that are not tied to a subscription renewal though. You don't have to keep it on file

Well ain't that some shit? I mean seriously there is no reason to require that. It's just insane. Oh well. I'll just log onto my console and do it.

Thanks for the heads up, purchased it on my pc but haven't had the chance to play it. Will definitely get down on some couch gaming.

sakipon

Nice. I've been meaning to try the demo and downloaded that, but didn't have the time to do so. Now I can have a whole episode to my backlog instead.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
haha, another case of early adopter burn. Episode 2 still isn't out, the pass was on steam sale, and the first episode is popping up free again.

Jhoan

Free you say? I can't say no to that. Saw the Giant Bomb Quick Look and thought it had a pretty slick visual style/color palette that was radically different from The Walking Dead. I don't have any HD space so it'll have to go to my USB drive (which I'll have to format to add more space.

Also FYI folks, The Walking Dead was free last year and the episodes were half off so this is nothing new. It sure is cool though but the intention seems to be that if people get it for free, they'll like it enough to buy the Season Pass.

Top Bottom