• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Link amiibo unlocks a Wolf Link costume in Super Mario Maker.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://gonintendo.com/stories/25263...to-super-mario-maker-unlocks-a-wolf-link-cost

https://twitter.com/amiiboAlerts/status/702154396214296576/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

amiibo Alerts
‏@amiiboAlerts
The Wolf Link #amiibo unlocks a Wolf Link costume in Super Mario Maker! Via @NintendoForce

Cb6NshHUMAEG1cJ.jpg

Another row of costumes?

How many costumes are they going to add to this game lol

I wonder if this is amiibo only, or unlocks via 100 Mario like the other amiibo costumes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait isn't that a Monster Hunter felyne?
Is there a MH amiibo??

All the costumes on that screen apart from W Link are from special event stages that unlock a specific costume.

Also this game has oodles of costumes that are not related to Amiibo.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Nice!

What I want to know is how are some of those others (totem Links and the cat Mario) unlocked?

There's an "event course" section on the main course world menu, in the top left hand corner. Playing some of these special courses unlocks costumes.

Yeah, it's incredibly shitty that there isn't one. Is it the only amiibo that doesn't unlock anything in MM?

Mii Brawler, Gunner, Sword Fighter and Shovel Knight. Along with Ryu and Roy coming out soon (and Corrin, Cloud and Bayonetta coming eventually).

And most of the Animal Crossing cards, and I'd assume Shadow Mewtwo's card as well (unless it counts as regular Mewtwo).

Plum

It's the one just after Cat Mario/Cat Peach, translated from French is "Yoshi is too strong !", might be called something else.
You can see FAMITSU written in the course preview.

Yep, I got it. It's called "Yoshi is Awesome" in English.

benedictm

Banned
If i went and bought Mario Maker today are all the event courses still there to unlock these costumes or are they limited time availability?

Davey Cakes

The costumes are one of the coolest little features of this game.

Some of them really make you feel like you're playing something other than a Mario game. At times, anyway.

Platy

I wonder if the amiibo is the only way to get it ...

They'll probably remain up for as long as the SMM servers are up, as they're the only way to unlock almost half of the costumes in the game.

...you unlock 24 of 123 costumes that way. You are being VERY generous with almost half xD

Madao

btw, what is costume 101? i thought all costumes after 100 were event courses but i can't figure out that one.

Top Bottom