• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 love thread

JDSN

Banned
The thing is PG, that the last spokesman that even hinted at putting some input into an Ot got permabanned, so you looking for ways to alter the content posted by users can be perceived as "problematic" to avoid using a stronger more realistic word.

Great work at the thread derail.

This is the same website that continues to use "MY BODY IS READY" faaaaaar beyond it's expiration date; completely unoriginal in-jokes being run into the ground is kinda what we do over here.

But I'm sure ShockingAlberto has something reasonable and witty in his back pocket for the OT title.

JPKellams

OK, now I see what the issue is... Thanks for the clarification.

I wasn't actually talking about seriously going to a mod. My comment was tongue-in-cheek. If it didn't come off that way, then I apologize. Of course, everyone is 100% free to not only use that phrase, but hate (or love, or anything in between) the game incredibly vocally as well. I would never want to stifle discussion on anywhere, let alone here.

That being said - Ask your mom (or the inevitable, I asked my mom and she said X) jokes are crazy old at this point. :)

Putting this thread back on track - Yes, the game is longer than Bayonetta. Someone a few threads ago mistranslated Kamiya's comments saying it was the "most expensive" PG game ever; however, what he was actually saying was that this game is probably the one where everyone one involved put in the most amount of effort. I've never seen a team so dedicated to getting in right. Kamiya-san basically lived at the office for a couple of months.

popyea

I don't think JP was literally looking to get the joke outlawed or anything, just expressing a distaste.

Edit: Beaten

Pikma

Banned

I wasn't actually talking about seriously going to a mod. My comment was tongue-in-cheek. If it didn't come off that way, then I apologize. Of course, everyone is 100% free to not only use that phrase, but hate (or love, or anything in between) the game incredibly vocally as well. I would never want to stifle discussion on anywhere, let alone here.

That being said - Ask your mom (or the inevitable, I asked my mom and she said X) jokes are crazy old at this point. :)

Yeah, well, we're the kind of guys who eat chocolates n stuff well past their caducity. Like, for example, we tend to eat My Body Is Redi-O's for breakfast quite religiously. It's one of those things we find redundant to mention by now.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Putting this thread back on track - Yes, the game is longer than Bayonetta. Someone a few threads ago mistranslated Kamiya's comments saying it was the "most expensive" PG game ever; however, what he was actually saying was that this game is probably the one where everyone one involved put in the most amount of effort. I've never seen a team so dedicated to getting in right. Kamiya-san basically lived at the office for a couple of months.

Man I would love to ask some questions but I'm sure you are not at liberty to say much more.

Do you have any idea approximately when the Direct/Iwata Asks will air?

JDSN

Banned
Any idea when are we getting the Iwata Tweets?

Yeah, well, we're those kind of guys that eat chocolates n stuff well past their caducity. Like, for example, we tend to eat My Body Is Redi-O's for breakfast quite religiously. It's one of those kind of things that are redundant to mention by now.

You are nasty human being, and I pity you. (and your mom)

BOeprINCMAEa6-4.jpg:large

We haven't seen a game like this in a long time

Couldn't have said it better!

D-e-f-

Banned
All that Super Sentai-stuff is totally triggering all my Power Rangers nostalgia. I expect to squeal a whole lot while playing this :D

Neff

If this game has more content and more love in it than Bayonetta then I kind of feel like I should buy an extra copy because £33 is a steal.

mrmickfran

If you don't mind me asking JP, what ARE Platinum`s most expensive games? Just curious :p

JoeFenix

Sounds like the Bayonetta 2 team is going to have alot to live up to if they want to top this game!

That friendly team rivalry spirit is the greatest thing ever, 101 and Bayo 2 look like the best and most polished work P* has done so far.

Announce Rising 2 so we can have a Royal Rumble!

JDSN

Banned
I've heard about people that say that they will buy this for $20 when it bombs, I wonder if they realize that Nintendo is publishing this game and what kind of pricedrops it will experience.

The Wonderful 101 | I knew we forgot someone - YOU

So lookin forward to it :)

I'm taking advantage of the 30% eShop deal in Europe (And the 10% credit from Nintendo network Premium for both purchases)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Who do I see about getting a prohibition on people using "Ask your mom" or any derivative of said phrase in poor attempts to be clever?

I don't think Kamiya or myself have seen any uses that even made us contemplate a chortle.

To be fair I remember you entertaining the idea for T-Shirts of Kamiya's twitter catchphrases when asking for suggestions for the PG store. lol

but that said, please kill it

See if you can take out "Do you eat shit" and "Next week....in *blank*" while you're at it

Cool to hear. Really excited for it.

I'm actually pretty pleased with how little we've seen of the game as well.(NINTENDO MARKETTING!!) I remember seeing alot of the enemies and locations and late game cutscenes in Bayonetta and Anarchy promotional material, but we haven't even seen the face of the Villain for 101, or anything passed what I'm assuming are the opening stages.

Pretty exciting going into what's looking to be the most content packed PG game knowing almost nothing about what's actually in it. It's like a Christmas present in videogame form.

Only bad thing is the OT going up for the Euro release. Gonna be real hard not spoiling myself

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
5P local multiplayer in this game will be a reason enough to organize parties. Nintendo Land was cute, when this game is cool. Subtle difference, but one that will speak more to non Nintendo fans.

5P local multiplayer in this game will be a reason enough to organize parties. Nintendo Land was cute, when this game is cool. Subtle difference, but one that will speak more to non Nintendo fans.
Its too cute and kiddy for the boys and too hardcore for girls. Party gonna be over.

We're not allowed to put lies into thread titles though; and besides

sounds better
The Wonderful 101 - The Platinum game no one is port begging for.

...but then its no longer subtle or funny, just true and sad.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

Yeah, five-player in this game is so badass. It's gonna be so much damn fun. Tell your friends!

impact

Banned
Its too cute and kiddy for the boys and too hardcore for girls. Party gonna be over.

Everyone I've shown this game to has said it looks fucking awesome and the style is great, but that they'd probably never buy a Wii U :\

Either way I hope it does decent at least, Nintendo fans say they like color and good games and stuff!

Everyone I've shown this game to has said it looks fucking awesome and the style is great, but that they'd probably never buy a Wii U :\

Either way I hope it does decent at least, Nintendo fans say they like color and good games and stuff!
Its ok, they'll buy it once they realise Bayonetta 2 won't get ported.

Top Bottom