• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Frodo

All hail the Queen of Rage

zlCfzRGpxyQUbPgMLA

NeoRausch

for people struggling with the gamepad indoor cam:
HOLD THE L-TRIGGER! this disables motion controls and fixates the cam on your team!

I'll repeat:

HOLD THE L-TRIGGER! this disables motion controls and fixates the cam on your team!

Haha that part was doing my head in as well, I tried throwing the bomb at it to slow it down and then quickly get the whip out and grab it but the whip just wouldn't attach to the hook.

After around 30 mins trying that bomb/whip method I was just flipped and forced my way up to that platform using the wonderful rising attack twice with Blue, then changed to Red to attack so i'd get at the right level, and then finally changed to Yellow because you'll notice there's a circle blob at the top and a command to hit will appear, when Yellow smashed his hammer down the platform bent towards me and I was able to get onto that platform. Sounds so bizarre but I ran out of ideas on how to grab that hook, still haven't got a clue whether my method is the legit way or not.

If you've got the rocket ability try shooting up then quickly change to Yellow to smash the platform towards you, then quickly press ZR to get on the platform.

Thx guys, got it. Almost did it the same way as you did. ^^

Btw, asking here and on miiverse all from within the game without leaving my bed is pretty next gen to me. ;)

wsippel

Banned
I'm liking the sound of this game more and more.

Sadly, it looks like the game's first week sales in Japan weren't so wonderful according to Japan's Tsutaya major retailer. We'll find out on Wednesday from Media Create, but reports from Tsutaya show it placed 16th on the chart, and sold worse than Killer is Dead (which placed higher on the chart during its first week, but only had 17k copies sold). I hear the game only has 30k copies available for its first shipment in Japan.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08...rding-to-major-retailers-weekly-sales-charts/
I'm starting to think Nintendo does low shipments these days to prevent price cuts, to protect the eShop prices. This is a game that could eventually sell decent numbers by word of mouth, but that would probably take too long for stores. And if a game hit the bargain bin, charging the full price on eShop would feel wrong.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I'll repeat:

This is gonna be helpful, as that was really the only thing I didn't like in the demo, especially if I had the gamepad display the same thing on the TV. Thanks for the tip.

JCH!

Game released on friday and I've still to see any retail copy anywhere. I've been looking for one in all the major stores but have had no luck so far. Did they only make two copies or what?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone using Saur's tutorial series... as an actual tutorial?

Is anyone using Saur's tutorial series... as an actual tutorial?

I would give the game more respect if 50% of GAF could pull off what we see in that video

at least it would feel like that is the level of play that is possible if you just try to apply yourself a little more'

I hope I'll be able to do a little of this stuff but doubt it

Even though the rocket whiffed, I thought this looked really cool.

saur2hbu1s.gif

Does he whiff with the rocket though? Does the tank flip on it's back again without doing it or does doing the rocket into a tombstone make the tombstone more powerful by easily getting all your heroes into the air quickly for a crushing stomp? This video feels like a little teaser for his next tutorial video. Awesome stuff.

I don't know why I keep torturing myself reading this thread. September 15th feels like so far away! Got to say thanks to those who have the game. Everyone has been great with using spoiler tags when appropriate and describing them well. Definitely helps those like me with weak willpower.

Kamiya you magnificant bastard!!! So many rage induced screams last night doing the first secret mission. I think I used so many continues, that I wore down the Start button :p

Wouldn't have been so bad had I actually bought dodge/block abilities before playing the first major level lol

Kid Ying

I was really anxious for this game, thought it was going to be the goty and best game on the wiiu, but it was a little disappointing.

Got some lockdowns, framerate in some sections was all over the place, some parts are just too crazy because you have a hundred guys and it's hard to see what's going on and in a game so fast thats very unforgiving...

I think this game could be much better, but in the end i'm glad it was made and i hope it enjoys some sucess, cause it deserved. Got a lot of nice ideas on it and it's very good in some parts, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

I think the reviews that were hanging on the 7 to 8ties were spot on.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
As opposed to what, lol

Combo videos and gif material I guess.

I mean I'm glad someone is producing higher level content out there. It seems alot of the usual suspects aren't investing in the platform.

but I guess I'm just disappointed that people are putting his day one stuff up on some sort of pedestal instead of having their eyes opened and want to try these things themselves. Really thought people would be more ambitious with cracking this game open. Where my nico links at?

idk probably just bummed I can't play yet. The fact that no one has unlocked Bayonetta yet makes me want to try and unlock her before anyone.

Get more ambitious yall. In the Rising thread we had people doing S Rank Revengeance runs by now. Has anyone attempted the hardest difficulty yet?

Even though the rocket whiffed, I thought this looked really cool.

Not sure it was supposed to hit. I think he just did rocket to get the height to get another tombstone off.

I would give the game more respect if 50% of GAF could pull off what we see in that video

I think way more than 50% could though if they just practiced for like an hour. Just gotta get used to no pause in the missions

Get more ambitious yall. In the Rising thread we had people doing S Rank Revengeance runs by now. Has anyone attempted the hardest difficulty yet?

A handful of people from other forums have done it, but no one has really said much about it other than "it was hard and I died a lot".

UK GAF gaming skills on blast right now. They better be some Platinum runs of the game by the end of the week or ya'll are straight busta status

Neiteio

I'll repeat:

Oh, didn't know this, very nice. :)

Just finished it, played the whole night. I just couldn't stop.

I am speechless.

I am just glad this game was made in this day and age. I was litterally crying tears of joy in the grand finale. This game... i.. just. woah.

Controlls absolutely clicked somewhere in Op6. Important hint which i totally missed till then: Buy the speed Akku, keeps your batteries charged. Took me around 18 hours on normal.

The good: Everything
The bad: The framerate during the credits. :D

Seriously. Buy this game.

Hey guys, first post on GAF!

I'm really enjoying this game, playing on normal and up to 4B.
How do you guys deal with
Prince Vorkken? I'm getting my ass absolutely handed to me. I abused the continue system the first time to get through, but I feel like I should actually try and develop a strategy.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

Prince Vorkken? I'm getting my ass absolutely handed to me. I abused the continue system the first time to get through, but I feel like I should actually try and develop a strategy.
Block the punch and hammer, dodge the rest. Don't try to punish him for too long after a block, hit him twice and gtfo. you can also try to play keepaway with him using stinger on a max sized sword

That's all I got.

XDDX

Use the bombs to slow him down then use a lot of multi morphs. That's probably the easiest way.

Proven

In the first Saur .gif, he only did one buffer command (stinger->rising) and the rest was just one quick morph switch (sword->fist) and simple rising and other attack commands.

GAF can do it.

Kid Ying

Yeah, it's not actually hard. If you try a little, you can do it. But it looks very great.

I don't know if the rocket or the tomb are in the demo, but if you want to try:

Mash b for the rocket
ZL + ZR in the air for the tomb.

Top Bottom