• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Cosmozone

I think I'm nearing the end of the game. Anyone who could tell me if I could do the rest in one sitting or if it's best to cut it in half?
You could do it, but I'd still advise you to split it. Op 9 has three parts as you've guessed it. Playing up to Op 9-A or -B would be good so you can look forward to the finale the next day which is really long. You must also count in epilogue and credits.

Frodo

For the people who finished the game, what do you guys think about the
Vorkken fights? When I first heard we had 5 "against yourself" fights I thought it would get terribly boring, but somehow I would welcome even more fights with Vorkken. After you understand patience is a virtue and you learn to observe and then act, those fights are so satisfying. Am I alone?

kubus

@kubus
Op 009C+ending take nearly 2hours.
You could do it, but I'd still advise you to split it. Op 9 has three parts as you've guessed it. Playing up to Op 9-A or -B would be good so you can look forward to the finale the next day which is really long. You must also count in epilogue and credits.
Whaaaa seriously? Just finished Mission 8. I'll probably leave 009-C for tomorrow then. Can't wait to the see the ending. Thanks for the heads-up!

Neff

I don't have the best eye in the world, but this is game is constant 60 fps right? Because a guy called me up on that saying it's almost always 30 fps and only occasionally 60 and that sounds like bull to me. WHat do you eagle eyed folks say?

Mostly fluctuates between around 50 and 40. Vorkken fights take it lower. It's only ever 60fps when confronting small enemies in visually sparse areas.

You mean I can't just press A faster and faster to win the game?

Well...

For the people who finished the game, what do you guys think about the
Vorkken fights? When I first heard we had 5 "against yourself" fights I thought it would get terribly boring, but somehow I would welcome even more fights with Vorkken. After you understand patience is a virtue and you learn to observe and then act, those fights are so satisfying. Am I alone?

Love them. They all manage to feel different due to his (and your) available repertoire at each point. W101 really does the '
clone rival
' thing DMC and Bayo did, so well.

Whaaaa seriously? Just finished Mission 8. I'll probably leave 009-C for tomorrow then. Can't wait to the see the ending. Thanks for the heads-up!

The last chapter is serious business, trust me.

Cosmozone

I also can say, spoiler-free, that you may also want to do the Kahgoo Rhegas (sp?) along the way in the last part of the game, which also take some time. There are also some unlockable things to see after everything is over, e.g. a gallery. So yes, everyone who hasn't finished the game, save the last part for a special sitting. I was like "fuck it, I'll finish it today", finished at 2 am and was exhausted for a week after it (slight exaggeration, lol).

kubus

I also can say, spoiler-free, that you may also want to do the Kahgoo Rhegas (sp?) along the way in the last part of the game, which also take some time. There are also some unlockable things to see after everything is over, e.g. a gallery. So yes, everyone who hasn't finished the game, save the last part for a special sitting. I was like "fuck it, I'll finish it today", finished at 2 am and was exhausted for a week after it (slight exaggeration, lol).
Almost 10PM here now and I just got to the very last part. Leaving that for tomorrow like some people suggested :p. I have only done two or three of the Kahgoo Rhegas so far though, at some point I stopped entering them because I kept getting crushed. I suck pretty bad at this game... For some reason I still haven't figured out how to do a Wonderful Rising... *ahem*

Still having lots of fun with it though! And I keep getting better and discovering new ways to play. This game reminds me of Monster Hunter in a way. You don't get stronger by leveling up, put simply by improving your playstyle and finding out new combos or techniques. Can't wait to replay some of the earlier chapters and see how much I've improved :D.

I also gotta say that I don't know which game is graphically more mindblowing: this or Pikmin 3. I'm completely blown away by some of the cutscenes in this game. Amazing. I really hope Kamiya will be able to do a sequel. But most of all, I really hope it will sell in NA :(. Platinum deserves it.

Rnr1224

been waiting for this game since the Wii U was announced and now i finally get to have it this sunday (or hopefully saturday at midnight!)

Kyou

Found the screen where it says what you need to do to unlock hidden characters

yup none of this is ever going to happen ._.

Timeaisis

I've honestly been on then off then on then off again for this game. I can't decide whether I'm going to pick it up on the 15th. I'm interested, but the reviews are pretty all over the place (not that there's anything wrong with that -- I'm not one to turn down a game). I guess I'm just on the fence about picking this up at launch or not.

As a sidenote, I've played every Platinum game so far except Anarchy Reigns. And I love them all, even MadWorld.

I've honestly been on then off then on then off again for this game. I can't decide whether I'm going to pick it up on the 15th. I'm interested, but the reviews are pretty all over the place (not that there's anything wrong with that -- I'm not one to turn down a game). I guess I'm just on the fence about picking this up at launch or not.

As a sidenote, I've played every Platinum game so far except Anarchy Reigns. And I love them all, even MadWorld.

If you love Platinum games, this is a Platinum-ass Platinum game.

In a lot of ways, it feels more like a tribute to the child-like spirit of Clover than the harder edge of Platinum.

Seik

Banned
anyone use a wii u pro controller?

the sticks being above the buttons looks awkward as hell. but I'm trying to get multiplayer in this game going and I don't have enough remotes so I'm considering it

I'd like to know this too, since a GAFer just sold me a Wii U Pro Controller that probably will reach my mailbox tomorrow, I'm curious to know if anybody plays exclusively with it/if it's comfortable for this specific game.

Re-posting because no one answered, or it's just that there's really nobody on GAF playing with the Pro Controller. Got mine today and it feels great to play with it (I don't have W101 yet though), it's kinda dumb that you can't browse the E-Shop nor the Settings with it, you gotta make that shit compatible, Nintendo... :p

Proven

The characters were already posted elsewhere but I'll put a note next to it.
It's posted elsewhere and also has been avoided elsewhere.

Re-posting because no one answered, or it's just that there's really nobody on GAF playing with the Pro Controller. Got mine today and it feels great to play with it (I don't have W101 yet though), it's kinda dumb that you can't browse the E-Shop nor the Settings with it, you gotta make that shit compatible, Nintendo... :p
Sorry, it was answered before so I probably just missed your version of the question. Yes you can use Pro Controllers or Classic Controllers for the game. And there was an option back in the demo to play the Story mode with the Wii U Pro or Classic Controller instead.

The only limitation comes from the Mission Mode, where player 1 must always use a Gamepad.

daakusedo

I have unit guts that sometimes activate alone when hit, the only thing I can think of right now is the opposite of hero counter, turning back to the enemy and moving the opposite way from them. And it's without the upgrade of course.

I don't mean to get too offtopic, but I'm actually surprised how many negative comments I've seen regarding that game lately when people talk about Platinum. Myself and everyone I know who played Madworld thought it was great. I didn't even know it was considered one of Platinum's weaker games. It's short, yeah, but I had a really good time with it.

On topic, that launch trailer has escalated my hype even more which I didn't really think possible at this point. Easily one of the best launch trailers I've seen in recent memory. Can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Hiltz

As far a MadWorld goes, it was a pretty fun but combat felt repetitive for such a short game.It also didn't really feel like it had much replay value to offer either. On the bright side, it used motion control in several satisfying ways for the most part. The music was enjoyable along with the amusing commentary. The story was forgettable. Visually ,the game looked attractive, but it was easy to see why so it was so polarizing.

Anyway, I'm jealous of all of you. I want to play Wonderful 101 soon.

OryoN

I just noticed Wonder Pink's whip has a heart at the top, if you do a small unite morph. When you do a large morph, the heart is broken down the middle, forming a dragon-like mouth with teeth.

I found that pretty cool and suitable for the kind of character she is. Cute and adorabe on one hand, and a scary beast on the other. Gotta love these little details!

Neff

Just because.

zddp.jpg

Adr1an

Quick question

Can the Pro controller be used in the single player campaign. From beginning to end without needing the gamepad?

Proven

Quick question

Can the Pro controller be used in the single player campaign. From beginning to end without needing the gamepad?

Yeah. Just hit up the options menu before you start the game.

You'll come to some sections of the game that were designed for the gamepad, but you can get by hitting the minus ( - ) button once or twice to bring the small screen to the big screen.

So seeing as the internet is taking their sweet time to say how to unlock secret things in the game, Im questioning about buying the Prima guide, from the description I think I need it in my life but being spanish I would need to buy it from amazon, so at the end it will cost me 20 euros and will need to wait like a month for it to get here.
Anyone that has it? Is it any good?

Hypron

I finished the game 2 days ago... And I just loved it. I don't know why, but it just made me so... happy. I had a big smile on my face through the whole game (and it's actually super long for an action game).

Out of all the platinum games I've played (Bayonetta, Vanquish, MGR:R and now TW101), this was my favourite first playthrough. It has a few sections that weren't that great (
space harrier
... Kamiya pls
although, the space harrier levels were better than Bayonetta's
) but they were fairly short so they weren't that bad. The rest of the game was just outstanding imo. Both in the gameplay department, art direction, cinematics and story (
The end of the game was just pure hype. Infiniton platinum drop? Hell yeah. Fighting a 200 km high robot in space? Hell yeah. And I mean, that final QTE was just freaking brilliant.
). Even the files are fun to read (
Kudos platinum for using the word mechatronics in one of them :)
. I have absolutely no idea why this game scored lower than all the other P* games I've played.

The drawing mechanics worked perfectly. I won't lie, even towards the end of the game I still screwed up quite a bit, but that was my freaking fault. The guy in this thread that compared this mechanic to special moves in street fighter is spot on.

I'll have to play through the game again (
and again and again and again...
) but I won't have much free time for the next 2 months which is a real shame :(

kubus

Holy crap, THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME.

I finished it minutes ago and all I can say now is FUCK YEAH GAME OF THE YEAR.
So much love for this game. I can't believe no one made a game like this yet. The story and setting is so fun, I had a huge grin on my face while I was playing it and maaaaaaan that final mission was all kinds of awesome. And it just. keeps. on. giving. It's a good thing I saved the last part for another day because the people who said that the final part is super long weren't kidding :p.

NA, buy this game. Please. Do it for Platinum, but most of all, do it for yourself. You don't know it yet, but you NEED this game. In your veins.

*ahem* , that is all.

Top Bottom