• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Mdk7

Just because.

zddp.jpg

ahahahah how could i forget to do this!
Shame on me!

daakusedo

Giant crab is super weak against one attack, watch out for your combo score though.
I made a good run on 004 A to be shocked at the plastic figure in the end, I forgot I spent some time in kakhoo regah ( and a tricky one to find on top of that) against four speed claws enemies, got tricked by the retry screen, so I would have to say no, I guess it takes me back to the main level and then I would have to retry by the pause menu, not complicated at all...

And to talk again about 10 morph combo, I realized after what should have make it, that it's maybe 10 main morphs...

Frodo

Gonna start downloading this at Midnight. can't wait.
How hard is it to unlock Bayonetta
?

Apparently you need to get all bottlecaps, which mean you need to finish the game in all difficulties and more, so I'd say it is probably very hard.

hal9001

Banned
Finished my second playthrough of the game and it confirms for me personally that this is indeed Game of the Year (unless GTA 5 does something special). That last operation is breathtaking even on a second run. I never thought The Last of us would ever be ousted but there is something so unquie and special about this game that just makes it so fun to play. The music deserves special praise because it is phenomenal and contributes so much to the atmosphere.

Anyone who has doubts about getting the game don't need to worry. The small flaws are massively outweighed by the sheer positives of the game.

Salih

newgame+ spoiler

aside of the video - do you see that enemy-morph at 0:33 - it looks like a tank. Somehow i managed to do that in the training/loading screen but i have no idea how - i am not kidding! anyone got an idea how to do that? i already unlocked Unite Rocketlauncher - maybe it has something to do with that.

Neff

Giant crab is super weak against one attack, watch out for your combo score though.
I made a good run on 004 A to be shocked at the plastic figure in the end, I forgot I spent some time in kakhoo regah ( and a tricky one to find on top of that) against four speed claws enemies, got tricked by the retry screen, so I would have to say no, I guess it takes me back to the main level and then I would have to retry by the pause menu, not complicated at all...

And to talk again about 10 morph combo, I realized after what should have make it, that it's maybe 10 main morphs...

Remember that, unlike Bayo or DMC, a failure in a secret mission counts as a death against your score, which I guess is because you don't really get anything significant from them, besides the points themselves.

daakusedo

Well you won't get pure platinum without them so they are pretty important.
I just wonder why they're so against quick retry at platinum lol

Mr-Joker

Banned
Does anyone know an easier way to defeat the turtle enemies? I can smash the shell with Wonder Yellow but it takes took long and his attack is a tad to slow for my liking.

Bomb + Attack liner even blows up the final boss for free

Kamiya games always have some broken ass technique, lol. And I thought the Slow-ZRHOH was godlike.

fred

Finished my second playthrough of the game and it confirms for me personally that this is indeed Game of the Year (unless GTA 5 does something special). That last operation is breathtaking even on a second run. I never thought The Last of us would ever be ousted but there is something so unquie and special about this game that just makes it so fun to play. The music deserves special praise because it is phenomenal and contributes so much to the atmosphere.

Anyone who has doubts about getting the game don't need to worry. The small flaws are massively outweighed by the sheer positives of the game.

Unfortunately I can see the gaming press giving plenty of GOTY awards to GTA V, but The Wonderful 101 deserves at least an honourable mention. :eek:(

It's number 2 in my best games of all-time list, 2nd only to Elite.

Neff

Bomb + Attack liner even blows up the final boss for free

Kamiya games always have some broken ass technique, lol. And I thought the Slow-ZRHOH was godlike.

The Bomb can be seriously damaging just by itself, but the Attack Liner barely does shit damage-wise, even in conjunction with the Bomb. It's only really good for general crowd management and keeping enemies stunned imo.

That video makes it look amazing, but I can confirm that it won't work on the majority of enemies in the game.

The Bomb can be seriously damaging just by itself, but the Attack Liner barely does shit damage-wise, even in conjunction with the Bomb. It's only really good for general crowd management and keeping enemies stunned imo.

The attack liner is more powerful the more people you pour into. Check here for some 50-people attack liners and look how fast that health bar just disappears. Also notice how it uses NONE of your Unite Gauge because he cancels the line after it's full extension with Y(in fact, he actually GAINS Unite Gauge with every cancel), so you can pretty much spam it and bomb all day.

The only downside to this move is not getting a lot of combo points, but it's pretty goddamn broken as it is. A great tactic if you wanna cheese your way through the harder encounters, apparently.

I appear to be stuck on a puzzle?!

(Operation-005)
I went and put the glowing ball in the thing and woke up/recruited the statue and walked back to the person-shaped holes at the beginning of the mission. What do I do now? Wonder-lining to the hole doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit: Oh wow. I figured it out. That was dumb.
Apparently when I entered the challenge portal, the statue left my party and I had to go back and get it to make the giant geathjerk show up.

Neff

The attack liner is more powerful the more people you pour into. Check here for some 50-people attack liners and look how fast that health bar just disappears. Also notice how it uses NONE of your Unite Gauge because he cancels the line after it's full extension with Y(in fact, he actually GAINS Unite Gauge with every cancel), so you can pretty much spam it and bomb all day.

The only downside to this move is not getting a lot of combo points, but it's pretty goddamn broken as it is. A great tactic if you wanna cheese your way through the harder encounters, apparently.

I was thinking that maybe they stealth-patched it out because I just tried it on about a dozen different enemies (70 man team) without significant impact, then I fought that enemy that's in the vid and annihilated him with it.

I'm pretty sure this trick only works on a select few foes, if not that one alone.

I appear to be stuck on a puzzle?!

(Operation-005)
I went and put the glowing ball in the thing and woke up/recruited the statue and walked back to the person-shaped holes at the beginning of the mission. What do I do now? Wonder-lining to the hole doesn't seem to do anything.

That's what you need to do, but maybe you lost the statue. If you go into the secret mission before the altar, you gotta grab the statue again.

It must have something to do with the hit properties of enemies like this, since he consists of many, many different individual hitboxes, perhaps the attack liner is multiplied quite a bit. The same guy who made this video mentioned it's pretty damn effective against the final boss as well. Strange inconsistencies abound in this game, like the aerial loops that don't work on the white scorpions for whatever reason.

We'll simply have to test this out of everybody. Wonder how the mecha turtles respond to this, or special enemies made out of many different components, like that big tank near the end of the Underwater Sea Station, or the big crab thing

I was thinking about after you flip them over specifically, and perhaps you wanted to get rid of one of them quickly, then farm up enough combo points on the second one, so you nicely fly under the time limit and still get the required combo points.

Yuterald

Don't forget to open your windows and let that cool, Fall-approaching breeze in while you boot up 101 tomorrow. Hopefully, wherever you reside in NA there's a cool breeze and blue skies to greet you in the morning. If you're picking up your game at GameStop, you'll more than likely have to wait until 11:00 am to score your copy. Might I suggest getting to the gym in the meantime so you get your shit done early and out of the way. Then, bask in the glory that is 101 until the evening and call it quits just as Breaking Bad airs. Try to get sleep afterwards despite what you've just witnessed both in game and television form. Tomorrow, you can sit at work and think about what was more mind blowing while you fall behind in your shit that you need to get done during the day. That's what I'll be doing, lol!

Don't forget to open your windows and let that cool, Fall-approaching breeze in while you boot up 101 tomorrow. Hopefully, wherever you reside in NA there's a cool breeze and blue skies to greet you in the morning. If you're picking up your game at GameStop, you'll more than likely have to wait until 11:00 am to score your copy. Might I suggest getting to the gym in the meantime so you get your shit done early and out of the way. Then, bask in the glory that is 101 until the evening and call it quits just as Breaking Bad airs. Try to get sleep afterwards despite what you've just witnessed both in game and television form. Tomorrow, you can sit at work and think about what was more mind blowing while you fall behind in your shit that you need to get done during the day. That's what I'll be doing, lol!

This post made me lol. So good! I've been cramming in work all week in preparation of putting my feet up for Wonderful Sunday.

Neff

The same guy who made this video mentioned it's pretty damn effective against the final boss as well.

I don't want to go into it too much obviously, but the 'final boss' could honestly mean anything.

I think the guy who found this trick just wants a little fame because he found Tumeek's (block enemy) impressive and showy Achilles' heel, since he's writing it up on his video like it's a legit, universal tactic.

I've tried this shit against quite a few other enemies and it just plain doesn't work.

I don't want to go into it too much obviously, but the 'last boss' could honestly mean anything.

The second to last form, specifically. And this actually comes from another user, not NinjaSyao, to back up the tactic.

Still interested in seeing how this affects the giant more unique enemies. Even if it's not universal, it clearly works on more than one enemy and can be a very useful tactic for some of the harder encounters.

Neff

That sounds... potentially viable. But incredibly small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. You'll see what I mean. I already feel like I'm saying too much.

Seik

Banned
Tomorrow is W101 day.

I don't give a shit about anything else, I'll just play the shit out of this game until I'm exhausted.

Mononoke

Banned
I really wanted to get this. But I won't, because I know i'll be busy with GTA V for the next month. And then I'll circle back to Wind Waker HD. After that, I have the next gen consoles and their games that will keep me busy until January 2014.

So I probably won't end up getting this. I don't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to release this Sept 15th in the US.

Definitely picking this up tomorrow.

For those that have played it, are you using the pad to draw on, or are you using the control stick? Which one is better, because I want to start off with one method.

Frodo

newgame+ spoiler

aside of the video - do you see that enemy-morph at 0:33 - it looks like a tank. Somehow i managed to do that in the training/loading screen but i have no idea how - i am not kidding! anyone got an idea how to do that? i already unlocked Unite Rocketlauncher - maybe it has something to do with that.

That is a Unite Gun Skill. Draw a Square to activate it. It is cool to drive it around and shoot your team members. Seriously powerful too! :D

TDLink

I really wanted to get this. But I won't, because I know i'll be busy with GTA V for the next month. And then I'll circle back to Wind Waker HD. After that, I have the next gen consoles and their games that will keep me busy until January 2014.

So I probably won't end up getting this. I don't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to release this Sept 15th in the US.

Or get it and beat it before GTA V comes out. You have plenty of time. You could also delay playing GTA V by a couple of days since you intend to play it for a month or whatever anyways.

Neff

Works on turtles when upside down, by the way.
Now back to the new 10 morph combo attempt of the day.

Works on the scorpion dude as well. Haven't tried it against the gel or the crab, but it seems to have a 100% failure rate against anything that's metal, so this may be more deliberate than a bug or balance oversight. Who knows?

That is a Unite Gun Skill. Draw a Square to activate it. It is cool to drive it around and shoot your team members. Seriously powerful too! :D

Holy shit!

Hiltz

Definitely picking this up tomorrow.

For those that have played it, are you using the pad to draw on, or are you using the control stick? Which one is better, because I want to start off with one method.

From what others have said, it sounds like the preferred way to play is to actually switch between the control stick and touchscreen from time to time, but it depends on the situation. You know, it may be more convenient to draw certain glyphs using the touchscreen instead of the control stick, but performing combos may be easier using the control stick. Of course, it sounds like the control stick is preferred to use most of the time.

Varjet

Just beat hard mode.
009 -B was actually kinda hard between the Kaggoo-regah and Mission 004 with its one-hit kills. Also, it is pretty nice that there's a different ending message.

daakusedo

Works on the scorpion dude as well. Haven't tried it against the gel or the crab, but it seems to have a 100% failure rate against anything that's metal, so this may be more deliberate than a bug or balance oversight. Who knows?
Against the crab you drop a bomb when you opened his head, you won't need attack liner, I tell you!

Naw Dawg, you got it all wrong. It goes like this:

7:30am - Wake up, shower, brush teeth
8:00am - Purchase TW101 from Target
8:10am - Boot up the game and check out the packaging
8:15am - Bask in the glory/frustration of TW101
11:55am - Make something to eat
12:00pm - Bears game!
3:30pm - Experience elation or disappointment depending on outcome of game/go to bathroom/eat a snack
3:35pm - Bask in the glory/frustration of TW101
6:30pm - Eat dinner
7:00pm - Bask in the glory/frustration of TW101
9:00pm - Yoga/Meditation
10:00pm - Bathroom, brush teeth
10:30pm - Sleep

That's about nine hours of TW101. Next day: Short work day in the AM, Play TW101 until completion in the PM :)

I have to catch up on Breaking Bad... I have only seen the first two seasons.

Yuterald

Naw Dawg, you got it all wrong. It goes like this:

7:30am - Wake up, shower, brush teeth
8:00am - Purchase TW101 from Target
8:10am - Boot up the game and check out the packaging
8:15am - Bask in the glory/frustration of TW101
11:55am - Make something to eat
12:00pm - Bears game!
3:30pm - Experience elation or disappointment depending on outcome of game/go to bathroom/eat a snack
3:35pm - Bask in the glory/frustration of TW101
6:30pm - Eat dinner
7:00pm - Bask in the glory/frustration of TW101
9:00pm - Yoga/Meditation
10:00pm - Bathroom, brush teeth
10:30pm - Sleep

That's about nine hours of TW101. Next day: Short work day in the AM, Play TW101 until completion in the PM :)

I have to catch up on Breaking Bad... I have only seen the first two seasons.

Yeah, man. Do what you gotta do and make a day out of it. Don't get days/releases like this often. =D

Mononoke

Banned
Or get it and beat it before GTA V comes out. You have plenty of time. You could also delay playing GTA V by a couple of days since you intend to play it for a month or whatever anyways.

How long does it take to beat it? I'm really busy with my final semester in college, so I guess I should have pointed that out. The reason I brought up the Sept 15th date as being weird, is because it is so close to GTA V.

Then again, not everyone that owns a Wii U is going to be getting that game.

Top Bottom