• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

TDLink

Finished the game. Holy shit at that ending. This game is god tier.

Question: For hard mode/unlocking stuff can I use my current file or do I have to start a new one?

JoeFenix

Finished the game. Holy shit at that ending. This game is god tier.

Question: For hard mode/unlocking stuff can I use my current file or do I have to start a new one?

Agreed, game is god status. It actually killed my desire to play anything else in the near future.

You keep your save file for everything so just move to hard mode.

Llyranor

Just finished Op 2. Wow.
Giant robot attached spaceship as an arm. The whole tower battle was bloody amazing. Unite Tickle.

SERIOUSLY, that tower battle.

I am loving the crap out of this game so far. The gameplay is excellent (/bow Kamiya), controls are absolutely fine with the R-stick (have not had a problem at all drawing shapes once I got used to it), and the scenarios have been very good. Characters are pretty endearing so far.

Regiruler

Wonder White is the best of the main 7, by the way. He's hilarious and awesome at the same time.

Some of my favorite "non-main" wonderful ones are Wonder Armor and Wonder Socho.

Air

Banned
Some frustrating parts in 005 and 006, but seeing as it's my first play through I won't hold too much of a grudge. That said the boss fight in 005 was really creative and I do like that there is so much variety in the game. The pacing is great too.

Wonderful 100 character spoiler

I just unlocked wonder witch (bayonetta) at the end of 006 which was pretty cool.
After I beat the game I'm definitely going to try for a pure platinum on normal.

So...
I jumped into a plane and now I'm stuck skinning around inside of it with a wall of fire on the right side of the room.
what is going on lol

Regiruler

Some frustrating parts in 005 and 006, but seeing as it's my first play through I won't hold too much of a grudge. That said the boss fight in 005 was really creative and I do like that there is so much variety in the game. The pacing is great too.

Wonderful 100 character spoiler

I just unlocked wonder witch (bayonetta) at the end of 006 which was pretty cool.
After I beat the game I'm definitely going to try for a pure platinum on normal.

I could have sworn that
she and bayonetta are different characters and that Bayonetta was allegedly really hard to unlock.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Haha, just got Wonder White (damn that was a long level), for some reason I always crack up when he shouts "CHESTO!". Plus the Claws are fun to spam.

By the way, I bought the Treasure Radar, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. Do you have to turn it on somehow? Am I missing its radar?

Cartas

Neo Member
By the way, I bought the Treasure Radar, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. Do you have to turn it on somehow? Am I missing its radar?

I'm pretty sure that the robot that flies along with you starts bleeping when you're in the vicinity of some treasure. There's no visible radar for the treasure otherwise.

TDLink

Haha, just got Wonder White (damn that was a long level), for some reason I always crack up when he shouts "CHESTO!". Plus the Claws are fun to spam.

Nope, buying it activates it. Whenever you are near treasure P-Star will start making a pinging noise (with it repeating faster when you are right on top of it).

Seik

Banned
Still playing and I'm at 005-B.

Holy shit, this game is a keeper.

It's a pain in the ass to get gold trophies at the end of operations now too. :lol

Riposte

Hammer is boring to use and I hate fighting turtles. I also really dislike the dodge the artillery fire parts. Kind of a clusterfuck.

Neff

Agreed, game is god status. It actually killed my desire to play anything else in the near future.

It's been in my Wii U for a month. I've played almost nothing but W101 for a month. I've rarely had the feeling of a game 'ruining other games' but I've gotten that feeling from this. Hyperbole? Perhaps. True? Scarily so.

kunonabi

on 005-C
there is one of those jewel cylinders after you go into the statue past the waterfall near the beginning, can do you anything with it? i tried hitting it, doing a unite build, and circling it with the liner but nothing happens.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I could have sworn that
she and bayonetta are different characters and that Bayonetta was allegedly really hard to unlock.

She requires you to complete the hardest difficulty and unlock every single bottlecap

so she's probably the last thing anyone will unlock in the game

and no one will ever know since I imagine like 5 people max will bother doing that in this thread and we're still spoiler tagging it. lol

Ken

i don't know why i tried to get a sealed copy at gamestop

last copy was gutted even though they use the fake mockups for display

amazon it is

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hammer is boring to use and I hate fighting turtles. I also really dislike the dodge the artillery fire parts. Kind of a clusterfuck.

There are some better ways to fight them. :)

Every level in this game feels like a final battle. Should have just called it The Last Level. I feel exhausted with each one that passes, in a good way.

JoeFenix

Got Pure Platinum on 2-A and should have gotten it on 2-B but somehow the Kahkoo-Regah progress didn't save.....

zlCfzRIYQLE0h1WHsW

Oh well, atleast I broke down all the sections now and can do it again no problem. Game gets better and better the more I learn how to REALLY play it.

I can't believe the multi-morph actually got added that late in the dev cycle, it seems like it fits absolutely flawlessly in the design. This game is such a total package, nothing will top it in 2013 for me. Hopefully Bayonetta 2 next year, from everything I've seen that has the potential to equal 101 in terms of quality.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Every level in this game feels like a final battle. Should have just called it The Last Level. I feel exhausted with each one that passes, in a good way.
I thought I was near the end, when I was actually at about 15%. Because everything is so epic from the very start.

May people open their eyes, heart and wallet, and get this game.

It was the best selling Wii U game in France last week.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
God damn sometimes it's difficult to discern where your character is going to land. This game needs 3D so bad ._.

I don't know much about the games and software on wii u but I pray to god that patches are easy to distribute because this game feels like it needs one more final layer of "polish".

Other than that, just finished OP 008 and I don't want this to end. It's been so long since I actively hoped a game wouldn't end as it reaches it's climax. Heck nowadays I barely finish games and hope halfway through them that they would finish already. This game however, I have big plans for. Pure platinum or die trying.

I thought I was near the end, when I was actually at about 15%. Because everything is so epic from the very start.

May people open their eyes, heart and wallet, and get this game.

It was the best selling Wii U game in France last week.
No lies I believe I just finished act 6, and if the credits would have rolled, I'd have been more than happy. Turns out it was just another regular stage in this game lol

God fuck university stopping me from putting in the proper amount of hours into this game. That fortnight headstart I had on the US was more or less for nothing :V

Are there any good guides on mastering the game's mechanics quickly? I'm getting my ass handed to me way more than I ever remember with Bayonetta, and I breezed through normal on that fairly handily. Already know how to use assists and that using the right analog stick is preferable to drawing your unite-morph move. Sort of funny to go from the extreme of SS which felt like it was babying me to 101 which is pretty brutal right from the get go.

Also while it's 3rd-party developed, it's still nice to see the growing trend of Nintendo IP's implementing some funny writing and proper Hollywood cartoon VA's.

I love how when you
set the Unite Hand on fire, not only does it gain the ability to shot fireballs, but they bounce and make noises like in Mario Bros.
. Nice touch.

JoeFenix

I've decided to read a couple of the reviews after having spent some time with the game and it's depressing really.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion but when I see stuff like the controls are awful or remove the ranking system it just makes me sad. It's like I'm living in bizarro land, how can you play through this game and just shrug your shoulders. Meh, just another dumb videogame with stupid ranks and messy gameplay.

I wouldn't really care if it wasn't for the comment sections having tons of people saying that they loved the demo but will skip the full game because of the reviews. Edge called this game bloated and repetitive.... What the hell were they playing? This game literally throws EVERYTHING and the kitched sink at you in an effort to entertain. This is one of the most well rounded games I've ever seen honestly. What are your standards exactly?

Oh well, this game will be good for all eternity and years down the line more and more people will see it for what it is. A masterpiece, simple as that. I keep making discoveries that make me completely rethink how I'm playing and I feel like I have so much more to learn. It's such a great "game" AND it's a more entertaining spectacle than anything else I've played that claims to be cinematic and blockbuster. It doesn't hold your hand either, I've had so much fun breaking down these sections until I just completely annihilate them.

It's worth buying a Wii U for if you love action games, especially with the promise of Bayonetta 2 on the horizon. This is "next-gen" in terms of gameplay and that's where it counts.

Neff

I've decided to read a couple of the reviews after having spent some time with the game and it's depressing really.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion but when I see stuff like the controls are awful or remove the ranking system it just makes me sad. It's like I'm living in bizarro land, how can you play through this game and just shrug your shoulders. Meh, just another dumb videogame with stupid ranks and messy gameplay.

I wouldn't really care if it wasn't for the comment sections having tons of people saying that they loved the demo but will skip the full game because of the reviews. Edge called this game bloated and repetitive.... What the hell were they playing? This game literally throws EVERYTHING and the kitched sink at you in an effort to entertain. This is one of the most well rounded games I've ever seen honestly. What are your standards exactly?

Oh well, this game will be good for all eternity and years down the line more and more people will see it for what it is. A masterpiece, simple as that. I keep making discoveries that make me completely rethink how I'm playing and I feel like I have so much more to learn. It's such a great "game" AND it's a more entertaining spectacle than anything else I've played that claims to be cinematic and blockbuster. It doesn't hold your hand either, I've had so much fun breaking down these sections until I just completely annihilate them.

It's worth buying a Wii U for if you love action games, especially with the promise of Bayonetta 2 on the horizon. This is "next-gen" in terms of gameplay and that's where it counts.

So, so very true.

When this game is struggling to sell and GTAV makes enough money to buy a country, I really do feel like the world's gone mad, even if it already had.

Salih

playing through the game on the highest difficulty. yeah, not really hard.
but the very last rahkoo regah in the game - lol fuck that.

bottle cap collection so far: 84/101 - i want the last hidden character so baaad.

Rehynn

What determines how high I can launch an enemy? Sometimes the tanks go really high and are easy to juggle, but somtimes I can't even do a second Rising on them because they fall down almost immediately.

EDIT: OK, apparently the sword launches them higher than the fist... weird.

Also, fuck having to wait a minute for the game to load before restarting a sequence because you were a minute too slow.

Squishy3

i don't know why i tried to get a sealed copy at gamestop

last copy was gutted even though they use the fake mockups for display

amazon it is
It's a niche game that you didn't preorder for a system that most people haven't bought. I'm surprised they even had a copy of the game.

Top Bottom