• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Saurs youtuve system breakdowns are pretty good on combos

Good to have you on board, Wonder Tits!!

kunonabi

That was one of my favourite gamepad moments. In fact, that part where you have to simultaneously play on both screens was the moment where I finally understood how the gamepad can open up new possibilities in terms of gameplay. The only bad part about it is that there weren't a couple more sections like it.

yeah,i love those gamepad sections and that one in particular had me smiling like crazy.

Salih

Anyone already unlocked
Operation 101
yet? (endgame spoilers)
I beat it twice and after the result screen the loading screen appears and it's loading forever :(

Dr.Hadji

So are there any rankings between Gold and Pure Plat? Doesn't feel like there are any as my all Plat expect for 3 golds are giving me nothing but Gold final rankings.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just beat the game. So god damn good. Definite candidate for GOTY.

I'm telling everyone I know to buy it and play the hell out of it.

Timeaisis

006C boss is killing me (on normal). I know I can always continue, but that's against my religion.

I'm going to have to suck it up and use all my healing items up. :(

Squishy3

Don't hold Y and time will slow down just before they land giving you tons of time to react.

But, yeah, HDTV lag is awful and sometimes I think the lower resolution is worth it.
It doesn't matter if you're holding down Y or not, the time only slows down whenever you're facing away from the tankers. I always hold down Y for that part and I've never had time not slow down.

JoeFenix

006C boss is killing me (on normal). I know I can always continue, but that's against my religion.

I'm going to have to suck it up and use all my healing items up. :(

Only some gameplay related tips for that fight, no story spoilers or anything.

Draw a big sword and use the cyclone move alot. When he uses his own unite morphs, focusing on evading and he will be left exposed after his attacks. That's when you go to town on him.

You can only guts counter the Hammer and the Fist, everything else you need to dodge. Also remember that he can't take damage while he's in a unite morph, he has to be by himself before you can actually damage him. Only Vorkken himself can take damage but you can keep your combo going by attacking his followers.

Keep holding the dash button while avoiding his attacks so your guys don't get knocked out, if he counters you will the pudding just dash away, wait for his cyclone counter and THEN draw your biggest weapon and move in. Don't stay in his face for too long though, he's only vulnerable for a relatively short period of time.

Usually when you use a big enough sword and get in his face he starts to dodge your attacks with unite-spring but if you just keep attacking you'll hit him in between his dodges so that's another good way to get some damage in.

Air

Banned
So I'm doing my platinum run now, I noticed that you can still platinum a mission even if one of your medals are gold. Does that count toward unlocking the necessary secret characters or do you have to platinum every single thing?

Timeaisis

Only some gameplay related tips for that fight, no story spoilers or anything.

Draw a big sword and use the cyclone move alot. When he uses his own unite morphs, focusing on evading and he will be left exposed after his attacks. That's when you go to town on him.

You can only guts counter the Hammer and the Fist, everything else you need to dodge. Also remember that he can't take damage while he's in a unite morph, he has to be by himself before you can actually damage him. Only Vorkken himself can take damage but you can keep your combo going by attacking his followers.

Keep holding the dash button while avoiding his attacks so your guys don't get knocked out, if he counters you will the pudding just dash away, wait for his cyclone counter and THEN draw your biggest weapon and move in. Don't stay in his face for too long though, he's only vulnerable for a relatively short period of time.

Usually when you use a big enough sword and get in his face he starts to dodge your attacks with unite-spring but if you just keep attacking you'll hit him in between his dodges so that's another good way to get some damage in.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try them out. I didn't realize he was invulnerable during unites. I guess the biggest problem I'm having is on
Part two of the fight, on the Virgin Victory, I don't have a lot of room to move around/evade.

JoeFenix

Thanks for the tips, I'll try them out. I didn't realize he was invulnerable during unites. I guess the biggest problem I'm having is on
Part two of the fight, on the Virgin Victory, I don't have a lot of room to move around/evade.

Yeah I hear ya, but on the flipside if you have a big sword you tend to be able to cover almost the entire playing field. This forces him to try to dodge, I've gotten him stuck in dodge loops by just doing sword combos and cyclones when on the Virgin Victory.

Let me know if you have any more problems, I'll try and help you out!

So I'm doing my platinum run now, I noticed that you can still platinum a mission even if one of your medals are gold. Does that count toward unlocking the necessary secret characters or do you have to platinum every single thing?

Only the overall result trophy counts. So a Gold medal on one of the missions can be offset by a Pure Platinum one, getting overall Platinum is not THAT strict. If you get a couple of Golds but alot of Platinums and Pure Platinums during the missions you should be ok.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah you just have to have an overall ranking of Platinum when you complete the game

So if you can just get a Platinum rank on most stages and gold on some you probably would still get Platinum Paragon.

You just have to complete the game to replay the last stage to get it to register.

Joe and ViewtifulJC are mostly doing pure platinum runs just to do them. It's not actually tied to any unlock. Actually getting Platinum Paragon is much easier than what they're doing.

JoeFenix

Yeah you just have to have an overall ranking of Platinum when you complete the game

So if you can just get a Platinum rank on most stages and gold on some you probably would still get Platinum Paragon.

You just have to complete the game to replay the last stage to get it to register.

Joe and ViewtifulJC are mostly doing pure platinum runs just to do them. It's not actually tied to any unlock. Actually getting Platinum Paragon is much easier than what they're doing.

Are you sure about that part? I'm up to 7-A with all Pure Platinum but the rest of the levels are a mixture of Platinum and Gold and I still don't have Platinum Paragon unlocked. I think you need an overall Platinum on every operation. Maybe I should try playing through the epilogue again just to test it out...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Help on Mission 7-1!

I'm at the part after you fight the three tigers with drills, and I'm on a round platform with a Whip Hook I need to grab.

Whenever I get close to the hook, it vanishes. :(

Mr-Joker

Banned
Help on Mission 7-1!

I'm at the part after you fight the three tigers with drills, and I'm on a round platform with a Whip Hook I need to grab.

Whenever I get close to the hook, it vanishes. :(

Yeah that part was confusing, so I just shot at it with Wonder Green and then created a giant unite whip and somehow I grabbed it.

I don't think I did it the right way.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure about that part? I'm up to 7-A with all Pure Platinum but the rest of the levels are a mixture of Platinum and Gold and I still don't have Platinum Paragon unlocked. I think you need an overall Platinum on every operation. Maybe I should try playing through the epilogue again just to test it out...

Yeah you have to do that.

At least that's how it worked in Bayonetta. To unlock Jeanne you had to get to the results screen after the credits for it to trigger.

Haha yeah most of the Epilogue encounters are completed by just surviving 30 seconds max without being hit in those sections

NewGame

Banned
I'm playing on normal difficulty and I love the learning curve. I can't wait to unlock hard and possibly whatever is above hard!

Llyranor

Oh wow. That end-game.

Wow.

I don't remember the last time I was so satisfied with a game ending.

And I know I'm just getting started with the game. I'm going to put in many more hours into this.

Proven

Yeah that part was confusing, so I just shot at it with Wonder Green and then created a giant unite whip and somehow I grabbed it.

I don't think I did it the right way.

You did it the right way.

The entire trick to it is the fact that it can sense you. So if you get too close, it pulls back. So you're supposed to just make a bigger whip.

moolamb

I'm playing on normal difficulty and I love the learning curve. I can't wait to unlock hard and possibly whatever is above hard!

Yeah, it's amazing how much better I am at the game after actually playing it. I'm at operation 5 and everything is clicking, coming together, fun fun fun. Platinum here we come.

Llyranor

Man, it's been hours since I beat the game, and now I'm just browsing the internet and still listening to the final boss theme on repeat and still on the end-game high.

JoeFenix

So I got back into the game and I'm now at 006-C.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

If you need some tips look up a couple of posts, I did a quick breakdown on how to approach that fight. There's more advanced tricks but that should be enough to get you through fairly easily.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Finally gonna start on Op 6 today. I'm giggling like a 5 year old in a candy store with excitement!

Unite spare time!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Feels like I have a glitched capsule, damn. Can't seem to get capsule 84, the one about taking the rides in stage 2B, I've taken the water slide and the wheel and NADA. Is there something special to do or am I simply fucked until a patch comes out?

Salih

Feels like I have a glitched capsule, damn. Can't seem to get capsule 84, the one about taking the rides in stage 2B, I've taken the water slide and the wheel and NADA. Is there something special to do or am I simply fucked until a patch comes out?

afaik you need 100 people (maybe less). send all of them on both rides first. you should be the last one taking the ride. if not everyone gets on the ride, let the right stick go for a sec and send them again (this is also a good tip when having the problem of sending 100 people inside a WC)

Thoraxes

I just got to the thread title in-game lol

NOW it all makes sense.

Picked up a CC pro, and I must say it is quite nice with this game.

G.O.O.

Sometimes they're squirrelled away in hidden places. Other times they appear in places you've already been if you backtrack after certain points, which is kind of annoying and dumb.
Actually, I found the answer... they don't appear on easy mode. I know where some of them were supposed to be, destroyed every enemy in their area, but they wouldn't appear. Tried again on normal and it was there.

Strange.

Metal Gear Rising was directed by the lead programmer of Bayonetta and that turned out wonderfully, I'm sure Bayonetta 2 will deliver. Platinum hasn't done wrong in the action genre yet.

Vanquish didn't sell that well, but got dammit! That game was amazing! Platinum has done no wrong. Bayonetta is one of the best games i have ever played.

I dont have a Wii U, but this game is too good to pass up.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, I found the answer... they don't appear on easy mode. I know where some of them were supposed to be, destroyed every enemy in their area, but they wouldn't appear. Tried again on normal and it was there.

Strange.

Yep.

No Kahgoo Regah on easy

Sorry cheaters getting achievements on the lowest settings!

Just tried the demo for this and it's one of the most user-unfriendly demos I've ever played. No info on what the game actually is or what I'm doing etc. No wonder it isn't selling...

Neff

Just tried the demo for this and it's one of the most user-unfriendly demos I've ever played. No info on what the game actually is or what I'm doing etc. No wonder it isn't selling...

As someone who played the game first and the demo second, I echo that idea that the demo is doing a bad job of enticing players, and probably shouldn't have been released. It's too much, all at once, for players not schooled in action games.

The full game eases you in gradually with a series of tutorials cleverly worked into the story and is a much better way to discover how it all works.

So if you have the means and are willing, I'd just recommend buying the game.

Top Bottom