• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Fandangox

I WAS LITERALLY 3 PUNCHES AWAY FROM BEATING THE KAHKOOH REGARD ON HARD ;-----;

To the poster above, you should spoiler tag that. Also I personally thought that at least 007B took visual cues on
Nano Assault, but that's just me.

Salih

Does anyone know the requirements to unlock
Operation 101
?
I've seen whispers of
it*
but I don't know how to access
it*
And for the love of god don't spoil what's in it.

Find and beat every Kahkoo-regah on normal, hard and 101% hard.

Regiruler

Find and beat every Kahkoo-regah on normal, hard and 101% hard.

If I'm not mistaken
I have to do this anyway for the vorkken secret mission bottle cap
, right? So I should be good anyway.

Is it true that
there are individual kahkoo regah's not represented in Normal
?

Salih

If I'm not mistaken

Yeah, for the Vorkken secret mission bottle cap you have to do that but you also have to find every secret mission on every difficulty setting (very easy, easy, normal, hard and 101% hard).

Is it true that
?

(normal, hard, 101%hard)-difficulty settings all have the same number of kahkoo regahs (total of 19) - all of them on the same spot.

Fandangox

If I'm not mistaken

Is it true that
?

Don't know what you mean, but
The Kahkoh-Regah locations are the same in all 3 difficulties (Normal, Hard, 101 Hard) The actual mission in them are different though.

SPEAKING OF WHICH I JUST FUCKING DID IT

I FINALLY DID THE KAHKOOH-REGAH OF
EPILOGUE
IN HARD.

yeeeeees.

Fandangox

congrats! Did you already do the one on 101% hard? It is even easier!

I haven't yet, I wanted to complete everything on hard before moving to 101 hard.

Is that kahkooh-Regah
Another Punch Out fight, or something completely different?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Every act on 101% Hard is exactly the same as Hard. Just enemies have more health and do more damage on top of the new meter limitations and removal of morph slow down

As far as I know the Platinum requirements don't change either.

Fandangox

Every act on 101% Hard is exactly the same as Hard. Just enemies have more health and do more damage on top of the new meter limitations and removal of morph slow down

Does that include the KahKooh-Regah?

Yeah it is another one but with a little twist.

Man as long as is not another
punch out fight
with the same requirements I will gladly take it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I bought it day one, and just started today after bplinter cell wiiu and the last of us ps3

it is simply great!!! can't wait to go ahead

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Does that include the KahKooh-Regah?

Man as long as is not another
punch out fight
with the same requirements I will gladly take it.

Most of them but apparently the 101% kahgoo Regah in Epilogue has a "twist"

To the point I've played they're identical for the most part though. Haven't gotten that far.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I haven't yet, I wanted to complete everything on hard before moving to 101 hard.

Is that kahkooh-Regah
Another Punch Out fight, or something completely different?
Congrats dude, I'm cleaning up the four KR on Hard I passed on next and I'm (not) looking forward to this one. But I'll do it.

Finally got the Master Mixer capsule, feels good to know I'll never have to mix again! 92/100 caps, getting there.

OryoN

I suck at this game. Consolation prize for Operation 1.

That's ok, use those moments - where you take damage/die - to learn how to read the enemies' moves. Here are a few general tips:

- As I've mentioned before; Visualize the entire group as one body, rather than many individuals.
- Use 'Y' button to form a tight group. This helps the group avoid attacks, and helps you get a sense of where you are, or need to be.
- With each new enemy, take time to test each enemy attack against your Unite Guts to see what can be deflected. You may not want to take unnecessary damage, but the knowledge gained from this goes a LONG way!
- Using L/R indoors locks the camera behind your heroes, making those portions less frustrating.
- There's an item that increases the charge speed of your unite gauge. Its usefulness is, perhaps, second only to Unite Dodge/Spring. Try to get that ASAP.
- The most seemingly frustrating parts are actually pretty easy with the proper approach, so don't rage quit, experiment!

There's no shame in consolation prizes! I have tons!

After the first 20% progress through the game, almost all I saw was consolation prizes. That's why my second play-through will be even more enjoyable once I apply all the skill & knowledge I attained through the course of this game. Games that are '10 times' the fun on a second run... how often do we see that, these days?! (Oh, thanks for that correction! Didn't realize it was meant for me, until I was about to make the very same mistake in this post. :p)

Anyone - even in the slightest way - considering this game? Well, stop pondering and BUY IT ALREADY!

OryoN

Time for a little trivia guys. If I am not mistaken, operation 007 references an old anime in which aliens invade the human body as viruses, and humans have to shrink themselves down to their size to stop them. They have a small ship of sorts to navigate through the human body. I forgot the name of the show. Used to watch it as a kid, and I remember loving it. Given how Kamiya's games references old school animes a lot, this could be true.

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if that where he got the inspiration.

Fandangox

This is some long endurance quest I finally got
enough stars for the drill, but I have to do it again to completely KO him.

Edit: Alright Done, well that was a thing.

Korezo

I'm on mission 03-B and so far I don't like this game. I keep playing thinking the game will get better but to me the game gets worst as It goes with introductions of terrible new mechanics. Right now I'm just grinding through, just to beat it.

Seik

Banned
I'm on mission 03-B and so far I don't like this game. I keep playing thinking the game will get better but to me the game gets worst as It goes with introductions of terrible new mechanics. Right now I'm just grinding through, just to beat it.

Oh it will get better, mark my words.

jblank83

Insane game. It doesn't let up from the first minute. Combat mechanics are tight. What impresses me most, though, is that the game is "cinematic" with minimal loss of player control, unlike games like Metal Gear Solid. I could go on and on about the excellent design of the game, but I think most people get it. It helps that the story and dialog are pretty great. Also the animations are some of the smoothest and best I've seen in a long time.

It's a shame it didn't sell more. It deserves it.

Squishy3

Time for a little trivia guys. If I am not mistaken, operation 007 references an old anime in which aliens invade the human body as viruses, and humans have to shrink themselves down to their size to stop them. They have a small ship of sorts to navigate through the human body. I forgot the name of the show. Used to watch it as a kid, and I remember loving it. Given how Kamiya's games references old school animes a lot, this could be true.
This is a pretty big trope. TVtropes warning: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasticVoyagePlot

Although what you're describing does sound more like an anime plot.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
It's a shame it didn't sell more. It deserves it.
Seeing how this thread keeps on living with new people "getting" it, I'm hopeful it'll have some legs sales-wise. At least it seems to be having positive word of mouth, you won't see a WiiU recommendation thread without W101 being mentionned.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Does anybody have a good high quality screenshot of the final thanks for playing screen at the end? I want to make it my desktop background.

jblank83

Seeing how this thread keeps on living with new people "getting" it, I'm hopeful it'll have some legs sales-wise. At least it seems to be having positive word of mouth, you won't see a WiiU recommendation thread without W101 being mentionned.

Here's hoping

Neff

I did end up buying a digital copy, it loads about 20-30% faster and definitely feels snappier when transitioning to and from menus and cutscenes. It's not a big deal for most people but I really appreciate the faster loading and slightly less stuttery feel.

Did the same, since the luxury of also owning a digital copy will allow me to play the game at all times/have a free disc slot/allow me to lend the physical copy out/give the game another deserved sale. And you're right, the load times are much, much quicker, in some sections gone entirely, improving an already perfectly paced game.

I think it's a given. It's going to be one of those games that those in the know recommend with enthusiasm for years.

Time for a little trivia guys. If I am not mistaken, operation 007 references an old anime in which aliens invade the human body as viruses, and humans have to shrink themselves down to their size to stop them. They have a small ship of sorts to navigate through the human body. I forgot the name of the show. Used to watch it as a kid, and I remember loving it.

Please try to remember the name, I'd love to see it.

edit: I'm presuming it's Wonder Beat Scramble

Thoraxes

Just started 006-B

omg omg omg

Red
's dad is the coolest Wonder 100 ever. EVER.

Edit: Wait, I just got further lol

The
Colonel

JoeFenix

Some of the requirements are different on 101% Hard.

JoeFenix

Oh my god
Vorken's thumbs-down on his transformation.

I'm losing it.

I was reading the files yesterday and I never noticed until then but Vorkken
has a little flying robot buddy called V-Star.

Absolute perfection. Kamiya creates the BEST rivals!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
any tips for the boss at the start of 6B?

I just can't get the recruit it thing to work consistently.

It looked so awesome in that cuscene

Indeed. That whole scene
brought back so many memories of Another Joe

giant lizard-man during the flashback sequence with British-guy

Ah, gotcha.
You definitely need to recruit some troops to make your life easier. I believe the only time you can actually catch them is during their pre-explosion animation. Wonder Circle them and they should jump right into your group. You can't recruit dizzy enemies though, only the ones that are about to die.

Top Bottom