• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Fandangox

Finally did it this afternoon, must have taken me 3 hours of retries. Looking forward to doing it again on 101% Hard.

Do it! It felt so satisfying when in 101% hard I could
Dodge all of the punches instantaneously. It felt so natural. The special requirment in the 101 one made me last around 15 minutes (cause I suck at getting those stars in the platinum one) before realizing you couldn't also get hit on that one, I laughed.

But man that feeling of accomplishment and improvement, feels good.

Don't want to dp so will just edit.
Does anyone knows if you can hit this panel with Wonder Green?

iQcz5Vtk02KFA.jpg

It's similar to the ones ahead, but I could never hit that one.

popyea

Don't want to dp so will just edit.
Does anyone knows if you can hit this panel with Wonder Green?

iQcz5Vtk02KFA.jpg

It's similar to the ones ahead, but I could never hit that one.

I think that one is supposed to be in it's "already hit" state. That's kind of what i figured from it's position compared to the ones you can hit. I tried for a while but could never do anything with it.

taoofjord

Just beat it! My god, the last boss... I've never laughed so hard in a game that I was tearing up. The whole thing was brilliant. And the extras and secrets... you could play this game for years. Kamiya does it again.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm one of those that really disliked the demo, and found the whole thing to be a confusing mess of action.

Still, the vibrant look of the game and the appeal of the concept led me to look into the game anyways. I figured the retail game would ease me into everything and it certainly has. I finally feel like I'm grasping this, and it's fantastic. I almost wish I still disliked it so I could return it for Wind Waker, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I also think part of my frustration with the game stemmed from being left handed, as my right thumb just seemed to screw up the shapes at times. I'm finding more success so far holding the stylus in my left hand while playing, and quickly drawing on the screen.

It's not often you come across a truly unique game, but this is one of those times. Really glad I didn't blow this off permanently because of the demo!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I haven't played the demo but if it's the third of 001-A it means it's mathematically a 1/100th of the game.

TnK

You knew someone was going to do it eventually...

Pure Platinum for 009-C on 101% difficulty. Massive end game spoilers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMU2jDwA_5M

Skip to 9:40 for the part we all wanted to see.

This guy deserves a reward or something lol. I sometimes feel that I should hold the analog for the first ship, and let someone else control the second half and shoot. Would help a lot with the confusion.

EDIT: Seriously, how can one pull off a unite big? I would love to know.

JoeFenix

Immorta's Unite Big is broke as shit I told you

As far as killing enemies goes, yes it's completely ridiculous. Certain chapters let you easily farm the required amount of points necessary for Pure Platinum and once you reach it you can just blast through EVERYTHING using Unite Big Immorta. Alot of times though it's not in your best interest to kill stuff too quickly because the combo requirements are pretty strict and just spamming Unite Big will get you a big fat Bronze on combo.

It's not entirely game breaking in terms of ranks but you have to question why they made it so powerful and so easy to just spam.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
As far as killing enemies goes, yes it's completely ridiculous. Certain chapters let you easily farm the required amount of points necessary for Pure Platinum and once you reach it you can just blast through EVERYTHING using Unite Big Immorta. Alot of times though it's not in your best interest to kill stuff too quickly because the combo requirements are pretty strict and just spamming Unite Big will get you a big fat Bronze on combo.

It's not entirely game breaking in terms of ranks but you have to question why they made it so powerful and so easy to just spam.

Eh I don't know. I think it's this game's Kilgore Glitch

Thing is that you're completely invincible during it. So it pretty much trivializes Boss PPs

Obviously it doesn't work on stuff it kills too quickly, but chances are if that's your issue you probably don't need to be using Unite Big Immorta for that section. (Stuff like Dough-Goo encounters)

JoeFenix

Eh I don't know. I think it's this game's Kilgore Glitch

Thing is that you're completely invincible during it. So it pretty much trivializes Boss PPs

Obviously it doesn't work on stuff it kills too quickly, but chances are if that's your issue you probably don't need to be using Unite Big Immorta for that section. (Stuff like Dough-Goo encounters)

It's not entirely comparable to the Killgore glitch because it doesn't give you alot of points. You're also not invincible but you essentially have Hyper Armor so you can definitely absorb a decent chunk of damage before breaking up and taking real damage.

It does absolutely make most Boss encounters alot easier to Pure Platinum, that's where it's most useful.

kinggroin

Banned
This is going to sound really cheesy, but I'm glad I was able to have a game like this made in my lifetime, especially considering the scarcity of such titles. Feels like a love letter to gamers who can appreciate hard-as-nails cross genre, gamey software. This and Dark Souls will be my most treasured gaming experiences in the last 8 years.

Riposte

Why would they make a unite morph that makes you invincible and does incredible damage by pushing a button? What are you doing Platinum?

YuChai

can't find the wonder babe (no. 50), anyone can help?

How far from the start?

Epilogue, after breaking through the bus carriage door, backtrack and he should be on the floor.

can't find the wonder babe (no. 50), anyone can help?

How far from the start?

Epilogue, after breaking through the bus carriage door, backtrack and he should be on the floor.

After everyone regroups you'll have a mission on the roof. After it finishes, missiles destroy the roof, so drop down. There's a door to the next cab that you need to break to get through. After you break it, recruit all the citizens there but do not exit the cab to the roof. Go back to the first cab to the left where you fell in and Wonder Babe is on the floor. He's really tiny so just make a big circle and it should catch him.

YuChai

After everyone regroups you'll have a mission on the roof. After it finishes, missiles destroy the roof, so drop down. There's a door to the next cab that you need to break to get through. After you break it, recruit all the citizens there but do not exit the cab to the roof. Go back to the first cab to the left where you fell in and Wonder Babe is on the floor. He's really tiny so just make a big circle and it should catch him.

got it. many thx.

NEO0MJ

Need a little help. Mission 7

I'm inside Vorkken's body and Chewgi just joined me. There's a part where we have to whip into a hook but it keeps disappearing whenever I'm near it.

Frodo

Need a little help. Mission 7

I'm inside Vorkken's body and Chewgi just joined me. There's a part where we have to whip into a hook but it keeps disappearing whenever I'm near it.

IIRC it is just a matter of drawing the biggest whip you can now that you have more than 100 units.

You knew someone was going to do it eventually...

Pure Platinum for 009-C on 101% difficulty. Massive end game spoilers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMU2jDwA_5M

Skip to 9:40 for the part we all wanted to see.

From the video
As far as I know nothing. The bottle cap for the last secret character only requires regular platinum ranks and I already unlocked all of the secret characters a while ago. I'm just doing this because I want to.

Thank god.

And yeah, 9:40 and 11:00 are some of the worst parts of the game.

popyea

Anyone else have trouble unlocking 101% hard? Places say that all you need to do is complete every operation on Hard, which I've done (every square on the results page is filled, including epilogue and prologue) but it hasn't unlocked for some reason. Does every secret mission have to be completed as well?

marc^o^

Gamingwithkillatia.com review: 9/10
http://gamingwithkillatia.gotgame.com/cams-eye-view-the-wonderful-101-for-the-wii-u-review/
What else can I say about this game? It’s fun, creative, hilarious, silly, crazy, dramatic, campy, and everything good about a video game from Platinum Games. It is really a terrible shame that this game isn’t selling well due to the fact that Nintendo, even though they had an entire Nintendo Direct about it, didn’t have that many commercials or ads for it, which is just a crime. We need to strengthen the sales of this game and show that there is interest for games like this. It is easily one of the most unique and memorable games of this year. It is one of my top 10 games of 2013. Even if you don’t own a Wii U, you need to buy this game.

Dr Dogg

Well just finished this up a while ago. I'm lost for words, this game is beyond awesome.

Pretty much every level I thought to myself 'It can't get better than this. Surely?" and it did. That last boss and those end credits had me giggling to myself like a kid before Christmas morning.

What's more is there's still so much to see and do. I know the phrase 'Gift/Game that keeps on giving' is seriously overused around here at times but the Wonderful 101 really does keep on giving.

All I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart everyone at Platinum Games for a truly Wonderful experience.

marc^o^

And I made it to the end, first Wii U game I have finished so far!

As the credits roll (wow at the music), you realize how much love was put into this game. The universe Kamiya has created, from the 101 heroes to an almost as impressive set of villains... This is not something we see in other games. This one is special.

So was The Last of Us, but I want to replay TW101 RIGHT NOW in higher difficulty. And that reason among so manu others will likely lead me to give my GOTY vote to this game.

Outstanding. Thank you, thank you Platinum.

JoeFenix

I'm slowing down a little bit since I unlocked everything but I was left wondering what the hell I was going to follow this game up with.

Decided to go back to Sin and Punishment 2, played it a bunch when it came out but never got SUPER hardcore into it. Man, that game looks amazing on Wii U, perfect game to play after 101. Any new Wii U owners who loved 101 should consider checking it out, absolutely incredible, I'm figuring out new things like countering Boss attacks with melee and that kind of stuff. So satisfying!

Same type of feeling you get from 101, experiment and you'll be surprised at what you can actually pull off. So much depth, so many layers, well thought out scoring system.... One of the best rail shooters ever.

Fandangox

Anyone else have trouble unlocking 101% hard? Places say that all you need to do is complete every operation on Hard, which I've done (every square on the results page is filled, including epilogue and prologue) but it hasn't unlocked for some reason. Does every secret mission have to be completed as well?

Did you beat the operations in Hard in order? If you didn't its likely that all you have to do is to complete the 009C or the epilogue again and it should unlock.

I'm slowing down a little bit since I unlocked everything but I was left wondering what the hell I was going to follow this game up with.

Decided to go back to Sin and Punishment 2, played it a bunch when it came out but never got SUPER hardcore into it. Man, that game looks amazing on Wii U, perfect game to play after 101. Any new Wii U owners who loved 101 should consider checking it out, absolutely incredible, I'm figuring out new things like countering Boss attacks with melee and that kind of stuff. So satisfying!

Same type of feeling you get from 101, experiment and you'll be surprised at what you can actually pull off. So much depth, so many layers, well thought out scoring system.... One of the best rail shooters ever.

I think I will try to finally play Sin and Punishment after this, I got it few months ago, but right when I got it I lost access to the TV so was only able to play off tv Wii U games. Now that you can use the gamepad as screen for the Wii games, I should be able to try it out, hopefully the small screen won't make the game harder than it should be, didn't have any trouble with W101 in that aspect.

And I am only 2 bottlecaps away, but I I will be too busy monday and tuesday to finish it. So cloooose.

Oddly enough, I've been thinking about S&P2 a lot since beating W101. Probably time to pop that one in. Admittedly I never got beyond easy mode.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You guys playing S&P2 right after 101 are nuts. I don't think I'll be able to jump right in to another action game immediately after 101.

I don't think I'm gonna even try to fill out the Final Results with PP's. At least not now. Some of these bottlecaps are burning me out
And I am only 2 bottlecaps away, but I I will be too busy monday and tuesday to finish it. So cloooose.

What two do you have left?

ElFly

Finished the game and started over in hard because, OMG so awesome.

After finishing it, gotta ask
Which one is better, Wonderful Forever, or Wonderful Platinum?

Kureransu

thanks to al your your awesome posts, i put down league of legends and started it up this evening. Has to due the first mission twice, because the system saved to my portable HD and it errored out, because it only runs on a y cbale. so i had to move the save data to the wii memory. But i do have a question. What to buy after guts and spring?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game and started over in hard because, OMG so awesome.

After finishing it, gotta ask
Which one is better, Wonderful Forever, or Wonderful Platinum?

They're both kind of bad unfortunately

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Do it! It felt so satisfying when in 101% hard I could
Dodge all of the punches instantaneously. It felt so natural. The special requirment in the 101 one made me last around 15 minutes (cause I suck at getting those stars in the platinum one) before realizing you couldn't also get hit on that one, I laughed.

But man that feeling of accomplishment and improvement, feels good.

There's a special requirement for that one? Is it just to obtain a plat or just to complete it?

Yeah it felt good to succeed but I felt too burnt out to do the other one straight away. I'm just starting the run on the highest difficulty so I'll end up doing it soon enough.

popyea

Did you beat the operations in Hard in order? If you didn't its likely that all you have to do is to complete the 009C or the epilogue again and it should unlock.

That could be it. I think I did the prologue last.

Congrats on getting all the bottlecaps!

Fandangox

There's a special requirement for that one? Is it just to obtain a plat or just to complete it?

Yeah it felt good to succeed but I felt too burnt out to do the other one straight away. I'm just starting the run on the highest difficulty so I'll end up doing it soon enough.

I actually meant the Kahkooh-Regah on 101% hard, not the actual boss battle, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

That could be it. I think I did the prologue last.

Congrats on getting all the bottlecaps!

So did it work out? And thanks!

Also to those who already have
Bayonetta
I remember there being a special tech on how to make
her use Gun Stinger?

Does anyone know how to that?

Top Bottom