• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101: Remastered announced for Switch, PS4, and PC with Kickstarter campaign

Mista

Banned
The-W101-Remastered_02-03-20.jpg

Platinum Games has launched a Kickstarter campaign to bring a remastered version of the August 2013-released Wii U title The Wonderful 101 to multiple platforms.

At the base funding goal of $50,000, The Wonderful 101: Remastered will release for Switch, and at $250,000 and $500,000, it will release for PC via Steam and PlayStation 4, respectively. An Xbox One version is not a visible stretch goal, but director Hideki Kamiya suggested that it will be in an interview with Gematsu.

The Kickstarter campaign will run from February 3 to March 6 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET. If successfully funded, The Wonderful 101: Remastered will launch this April.

In a press release, Platinum Games said it will be able to self-publish The Wonderful 101: Remastered, which was originally published by Nintendo, as well as bring the title to other platforms, “thanks to the kindness of Nintendo.”

In a message to supporters, Platinum Games said, “It has been a goal of Platinum Games to own and self-publish the IPs that we create. With your support, we hope that we can make this dream a reality and bring The Wonderful 101: Remastered to a wide variety of platforms and make The Wonderful 101 a part of everyone’s gaming history! This Kickstarter is our chance to UNITE UP, take destiny into our own hands, and bring the best version of The Wonderful 101 to everyone.”

Here is an overview of the game and Kickstarter campaign, via Platinum Games:
About The Wonderful 101: Remastered

The-W101-Remastered_02-03-20_001.jpg

The Wonderful 101: Remastered will feature various refinements overseen by director Hideki Kamiya to make the game more user-friendly for players. These improvements include on-screen directives, sub-menu placement, information pop-ups, and unique game play adjustments for new hardware. Although Kamiya feels The Wonderful 101 is already one of his largest games, completely new modes will be added if the corresponding stretch goals are met! These modes will be available later to backers will receive them for free!

About the Kickstarter Campaign

The-W101-Remastered_02-03-20_002.jpg

Backers will be able to support the campaign at a wide array of reward tiers and with exclusive goods ranging from The Wonderful 101: Remastered soundtracks, comics, and art books, to extremely rare, one-of-a-kind items like pendants, custom-made masks, and jackets! There will also be a “Defense of Blossom City” social media challenge, in which supporters can unite to achieve certain social media goals to open up additional rewards and increase awareness of the campaign.

Director Hideki Kamiya and producer Atsushi Inaba will also be actively involved in the month-long campaign, providing weekly updates with an inside look into the development of The Wonderful 101: Remastered and interviews with key team members.
Gematsu

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I’ll probably grab it for PS4 just for trophies even though I wasn’t too fond of it. Interesting how that Xbox leak totally flames out.

The-W101-Remastered_02-03-20.jpg

Platinum Games has launched a Kickstarter campaign to bring a remastered version of the August 2013-released Wii U title The Wonderful 101 to multiple platforms.

At the base funding goal of $50,000, The Wonderful 101: Remastered will release for Switch, and at $250,000 and $500,000, it will release for PC via Steam and PlayStation 4, respectively. An Xbox One version is not a visible stretch goal, but director Hideki Kamiya suggested that it will be in an interview with Gematsu.

The Kickstarter campaign will run from February 3 to March 6 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET. If successfully funded, The Wonderful 101: Remastered will launch this April.

In a press release, Platinum Games said it will be able to self-publish The Wonderful 101: Remastered, which was originally published by Nintendo, as well as bring the title to other platforms, “thanks to the kindness of Nintendo.”

In a message to supporters, Platinum Games said, “It has been a goal of Platinum Games to own and self-publish the IPs that we create. With your support, we hope that we can make this dream a reality and bring The Wonderful 101: Remastered to a wide variety of platforms and make The Wonderful 101 a part of everyone’s gaming history! This Kickstarter is our chance to UNITE UP, take destiny into our own hands, and bring the best version of The Wonderful 101 to everyone.”

Here is an overview of the game and Kickstarter campaign, via Platinum Games:

Gematsu

ITS FUCKING REAL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAs!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!

Ar¢tos

Considering install bases, wouldn't it make more sense to have a ps4 version as the first goal?
Or is it because of Nintendo that Switch is first?

I must be the only person that thought this game sucked absolute balls.

And I’m a fan boy. Loved the Wii U. Love platinum. This game, however, controlled like ass.

I bought the wii u for Bayo 2 back in the day and that was the only reason, but i tried out the demo/trial for w101 and thought it was horrible.

Last edited:

plushyp

For anyone unable to check the Kickstarter page:

Why bring The Wonderful 101 to Kickstarter?
Although PlatinumGames has been able to grow over the years thanks to the players and our fans, we still haven’t been able to fully realize our long-time dream of self-publishing our own IPs. With your support, we hope not only to bring The Wonderful 101 to a wider audience on a variety of platforms, but also to add some content that will enhance the experience even more! This campaign is your chance to empower us to pursue self-publishing and take our destinies into our own hands.

Boss Mog

You can pay 4500 bucks to get blocked by Kamiya on Twitter. Probably not that hard to get that done for free I'm guessing.

It's going up pretty fast but I wonder why they even bothered to do the kickstarter if they were only asking for $50k?

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well that was quick.

I'm only in for the Kickstarter if it's getting a DRM-free release on PC. Not backing a Steam version.

Mr Hyde

Will buy it for Switch. I hope it gets a boxed release.

Also, lmfao at Kamiya Twitter blocker stretch goal.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 we'll see, 500k are a lot but it is growing fast.

for 30 euro i'm getting my Switch copy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vawn

Banned
Man. More and more companies are just forgoing Xbox versions even without any incentive from Nintendo or Sony. Ouch.

Awesome it got funded so quick, even if I didn't (and still don't) care for it myself, I onow it has it's fans so it's great to see it able to reach a wider audience.

Fbh

Man I want the physical version with the exclusive cover......but I also want it on PC....but PC physical is worthless.......

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Well that was quick.

I'm only in for the Kickstarter if it's getting a DRM-free release on PC. Not backing a Steam version.
Huh? Why? Steam is the most low rent drm there is. You can literally just download it then play in offline mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom