• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101: Remastered announced for Switch, PS4, and PC with Kickstarter campaign

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
They'd better unblurry those other tiers. :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

ESUbvqB.png

Kindjal

Considering install bases, wouldn't it make more sense to have a ps4 version as the first goal?
Or is it because of Nintendo that Switch is first?

I think that's exactly why. With a bigger install base, it is easier to reach bigger numbers. If they used the lower tier for PS4, there would be less incentive to reach higher numbers.

Mista

Banned
500K already. Oh and yeah, look at this prick.
Pledge ¥165,000 or moreABOUT $1,522
Wonder-Red

INCLUDES:
  • Abridged Digital Soundtrack
  • Digital Comic
  • Physical Release of The Wonderful 101: Remastered
  • Keychain
  • Abridged CD Soundtrack
  • T-Shirt
  • Sticker Set
  • Physical Comic Book
  • Centinels Identification Card
  • Soft cover Artbook
  • Acrylic Standee
  • Wonderful-Pendant
  • Vinyl Record Soundtrack
  • Full CD Soundtrack
  • Wonder-Red Replica Jacket
  • Get Blocked on Twitter By Kamiya
Man fuck off. It isn’t even funny. What a cunt

Last edited:
Here's hoping the PC port is better than their Nier port. 3 years later and it's still a bit of a mess without the Kaldain mod.

Last edited:
reading that Nintendo did not even sell their part of the IP is weird

but hope this sells well on other platforms I want to see where they can take this if they make a W102

Jooxed

Gold Member
Lol number still going up moderately quickly and people don’t even know the blurred goals yet.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Ya seriously what is this?

We're accepting fundraisers for WiiU ports now?

Not a trend I want to see continued.
Relax, it's a glorified loot grab. The game is launching anyway (which is why they say "backer exclusive box art" and not "Kickstarter exclusive physical release").

Folks who want to play the game will get a chance to buy it on Amazon and/or at retail. Folks who want to support the Kickstarter can do so as well.

jts

...hate me...
Because it isn't unless your sense of humour is fucking garbage. The cunt blocking anyone just talking to him isn't funny
It is very funny. The fact you seemed pissed at it makes it even more funny! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

mcjmetroid

Relax, it's a glorified loot grab. The game is launching anyway (which is why they say "backer exclusive box art" and not "Kickstarter exclusive physical release").

Folks who want to play the game will get a chance to buy it on Amazon and/or at retail. Folks who want to support the Kickstarter can do so as well.
Oh ok. That sounds better. I have no bloody idea how Kickstarter works.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Oh ok. That sounds better. I have no bloody idea how Kickstarter works.
Kickstarter is nowadays used as a half-marketing campaign / half-fundraising. It's obvious the game was going to come out anyway, hence the very low minimum fundraising limit. They're not going to make DLC in 4 months, either. The "backer exclusive box art" means they already had plans to release it to retail in some form.

So these campaigns are often for the fan who preorders a $350 AssCreed Statue Edition from GameStop, but instead of an oversized box at GameStop, it's online. In some circumstances KS campaigns will be used to fund the game from the ground up or to fund a physical version that otherwise wouldn't be made, that's true too.

The platform is a mixed bag but as someone who backed some of the OG videogame successes (FTL, Wasteland 2) and many more boardgames, I've been satisfied with it. I think KS can be a force of good.

Well that was fast lol. I went thinking to myself “I hate backing Kickstarters, but I will for this game”. Then I saw that it is already over $549k, so no need for my backing now. Great job everyone.

I can’t wait for this! I for the life of me can’t understand why Nintendo wouldn’t have simply done this a long time ago. Good on Platinum for being able to publish it themselves.

Holammer

Right, it's a glorified pre-order and free publicity. Since they can issue steam keys gratis they'll make more money.
It's not the first time this happens, but it's the most naked attempts yet, game basically releases shortly after the kickstarter ends.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It'll hit $1 million within 24 hours. The Kickstarter only launched a few hours ago.

Right, it's a glorified pre-order and free publicity. Since they can issue steam keys gratis they'll make more money.
It's not the first time this happens, but it's the most naked attempts yet, game basically releases shortly after the kickstarter ends.
I don't personally have a problem with this considering it's just an alternative way to preorder. $50 to their Kickstarter or $50 to Jeff Bezos via Amazon? At least they're not locking the physical version behind the Kickstarter, I'd consider that much worse.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Those are some pretty underwhelming stretch goals.

But oh well, I'm more than happy simply getting the game ported to not just Switch but PC and PS4 too

Just imagine how high it will go just for a port and then they can still dip into those 100.000.000 PS 4 qnd over 50.000.000 Switch

This game will sell now like hot cake

Last edited:

Banned
I was just thinking that, if they implement mouse controls right the PC version could play the best out of all of them.

drawing the lines should be really straight forward and fast on a mouse...

only super long drawings could be an issue (for people who don't know the machanics, the more people you use in your transformation the stronger your attack, so if you draw a super long straight line for example you will make a super big and strong sword, and on a stick that's super easy to do obviously)

Kindjal

Look at those MAGNIFICENT stretch goals 🤣🤣

EP4tyKDVUAAEeoS

I'm left wondering if the first 3 goal tiers were reached more slowly, would they have put the 4th stretch goal closer, or they would still have made that jump from 500K to 1M?

Greedy much?

Mr.Allan

Neo Member
I'm left wondering if the first 3 goal tiers were reached more slowly, would they have put the 4th stretch goal closer, or they would still have made that jump from 500K to 1M?

Greedy much?
That's not greed. They wanted 500k for all 3 ports and that's it. For extra bucks they're willing to revisit game once more. Unless you wanted to see xbox port at 750k....

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb question: So basically 4 Platinum is just a kickstarter campaign. Wonder what's next MGR?

I hope at least one of the other 3 is an actual new game and not a port.

But idk if all 4 are going to be kickstarter campaigns.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Maybe they're just about regretting their tencent deal now, thinking they could have gotten as much money by doing a few more kickstarters instead :d

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

The $1 million dollar stretch goal is a joke. That said I never played the Wii U version that much. I'll maybe get on switch if it releases physically.

jts

...hate me...
I guess Wonderful 101 was a timed exclusive, but that's a pretty long time.
It was originally published by Nintendo and by all means it seems Nintendo could have kept it exclusive, but have allowed PG to go on and self publish the title on other platforms as well. Nintendo and PG have a pretty good relationship.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
500K already. Oh and yeah, look at this prick.

Man fuck off. It isn’t even funny. What a cunt

Nah, it is funny and completely optional. You getting so triggered over it makes it even funnier. Lighten up, Mista.

Greedy much?

How is it greedy? If there is enough folks willing to pay them to produce more content then they would make more content.

Top Bottom