• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World Ends With You - PAL Land Street Date Revealed (PR)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
PRESS RELEASE: The World Ends With You - Street Date Announcement
Press release supplied by Games Press 13:00 (GMT) 06/03/2008

London (6th March 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU™, an exciting new title from the makers of KINGDOM HEARTS, will be released across all PAL territories from 18th April, 2008 exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ system.

Previously known as Subarashiki Kono Sekai™ on its release in Japan. THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is an innovative new title from Square Enix that fully utilizes the capabilities of the Nintendo DS, and takes major influence from Japan's modern day culture including its people, music, clothes, food and design.

Set in Tokyo's trendiest district, the story begins with the lead character Neku waking up to find a phone message stating he has only 7 days before he will cease to exist. Only with the coolest fashions, friends and fighting skills can Neku restore hope to the city's population and prevent being stricken from existence altogether!

John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "Square Enix has traditionally been associated with RPG's set in fantasy lands, but THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is our first ever game to be set in modern times and real-life locations. We believe gamers of all ages and abilities will be able to enjoy all that THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU has to offer."

For further information about THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU, please visit the official website at www.theworldendswithyou.co.uk

About THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU

Story

The story begins as our hero, Neku, wakes up amidst the hustle and bustle of Shibuya, Tokyo. Confused and disoriented, he receives a message on his phone warning him that he will cease to exist unless he completes a certain mission. With his life seemingly on the line, Neku plunges into the back streets of the urban labyrinth...

Features

- Experience the urban grit and neon of the coolest district in Tokyo with a distinctive, high quality style of in-game artwork

- Meet an achingly hip cast of characters each with an interesting personality and stylish sense in fashion, music and culture

- Highly innovative and intuitive combat system that makes full use of the Nintendo DS Dual Screens and Microphone like no other game before it!

- Use fantastic psychic powers to read the thoughts of the population, put words into people's minds, and move objects to help you progress in your adventure!

- Immerse yourself in an amazing audio soundtrack featuring a diverse fusion of bleeding-edge hip-hop, rock, and techno

- A tale of friendship, hope and overcoming your challenges, creatively told with a modern edge

- Shop till you drop! Keep abreast of the latest Trends to stay one step ahead of the fashion scene and your enemies

- Action-packed minigame fun that can be enjoyed by up to four players via DS Wireless Play!

- Engage the Chance Encounter mode via DS Wireless Play to share data with fellow game users you bump into in the real world

About Square Enix Co., Ltd.

Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix) with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 80 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 43 million units worldwide – under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.

Shane called this as a surprise hit of 2008 and I 100% agree. I'm all over this.

First party DS about to be stomped this year.

zigg

Visualante said:
First party DS about to be stomped this year.

It doesn't help that first party DS isn't even bothering to phone it in this year.

I am all over this game, though.

dude

dude
Hmm.. I hope I'll get to give it a try before buying. It's a very interesting game, but I hate about 90% of the games S-E made in the past... I really want this one to be different :\
Bah, I'll probably have to buy it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yay! I've been all over this since the forever, I'm still so glad it's getting localized.

I wonder if there'll be enough interest for an official thread.

soul

new screens:

2i2bo14.jpg

206htf4.jpg

x38hvn.jpg

mhegef.jpg

29errm1.jpg

3525hyq.jpg

kcflhy.jpg

15mjvur.jpg

29legk0.jpg

219b7ms.jpg

2r7lely.jpg

2j5jhj5.jpg

4uufig.jpg

batbeg

Let me give you my monies, Square-Enix, let me give them to you. And also, announce a damn date for Crisis Core.

Dascu

I'm still not really fond of those character designs, but hey, the rest looks top-notch. I will buy this game.

near

Gold Member
Damn should have not imported, i thought this game was never going to come to Europe. Nonetheless it was worth it.

Top Bottom