• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The worst preorder bonuses

I think Gamestop Italy's Glow In the Dark condoms for preordering Infamous Second Son still easily takes the cake.

23423d80b37e54a788c4d419b43d8a1d-650-80.png

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
uhh, thats kinda dope tbh

ill take a glow in the dark boner over the dumb trinkets and steelbooks you normally get

Ydelnae

Don't remember which store it was (the company closed or merged with GAME), but I was awarded with a bag of cereals by preordering Fire Emblem: Awakening/Animal Crossing: New Life. I will never forget the look on the cashier's face when I asked him if the cereals were just a redeemable DLC code for the game and he came back with the actual cereals.

Hoo-doo

Banned
How do glow in the dark condoms even work. Don't you need to like 'charge' these under a light source for a few hours for them to emit any kind of proper light?

So you got to swing your semi-erect condom-wearing penis underneath a bright lamp for 45 minutes?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
How do glow in the dark condoms even work. Don't you need to like 'charge' these under a light source for a few hours for them to emit any kind of proper light?

So you got to swing your semi-erect condom-wearing penis underneath a bright lamp for 45 minutes?
Either the way chemical based glow sticks or highvis clothes work I assume (though that in particular still requires some light).

pa22word

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 LE came with promising "director's commentary". It amounted to like a paragraph on the back of 10 page "artbook" featuring Hayashi with a shit eating grin on his face.

For some reason this by all accounts rather shit LE was selling for like 175$ there for a while on ebay too. I gladly dumped that POS on some overly thirsty NG fan and put it into getting a nice gpu xD

pa22word

People are posting collector's editions, not pre-order bonuses.

these days they're basically the same thing though

I mean yeah some games like Pillars of Eternity get big box actual limited print things, but "Collectors Editions" these days are just fancy preorder things with swag.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided granted the player additional praxis kits along with skins for some weapons in the game as well as variations of trenchcoat for Adam Jensen to wear.

What's most fucked-up about this is that initially, not only was this a pre-order bonus which could end up affecting the balance of the game, but you were allowed to utilize it ONCE. Not once per campaign, ONCE.

SE made the pre-order content free for everyone (and I would hope removed the activation limit) at the start of this year, but it sets a weird precedent, as they were also selling credits and praxis kits as microtransactions.

The actual content of the pre-order is not all that bad, it is the implication of what that means regarding the monetization of single-player narrative-driven games that SE fucked up to a great deal. On top of that, Mankind Divided was also considered a sales failure that took too long to develop, and we will likely not see another Deus Ex from Square-Enix as a result.

Top Bottom