• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox One friends and party system is horrible

Van Nostrand

Neo Member
Now that my friends and I have figured out some workarounds and just have a general idea of how this thing works, it's not terrible, but it certainly isn't ideal. Like everyone else said I don't see why they didn't just replicate the 360 party/invite system since that worked just fine.

I'm much more interested in DICE fixing BF4 at the moment since that's the only thing I want to do with my Xbone.

NZNova

I think the weirdest thing I've encountered thus far is the way the B button works. It acts as a universal "back" button, which just takes you back through the history of what you've been doing. So you tap B over and over again and it takes you back on a magical journey through everything you've been doing, up to and including relaunching in full screen the game you were playing last night, at which point B stops behaving like a back button because the game has taken over and started intercepting the B button presses instead.

I mean, I get the idea of a "back" button and that's fair enough. But to have it take you "back" into a game you were playing last night is just WEIRD.

OP mentions cboat, second post mentions cboat... jesus.. give us a break. The party system works fine for me. I have no idea how the party chat is so broken that it would make the console not work well, or mess up or anything the likes of what he said could go down. For me it's been working great and played with a friends last night in Forza in fact.

It took us both to the same room and same game without me having to do a thing. It just took us together.

Anyways.. my only complaint would be that you have to unmute yourself when you enter a party chat. Not sure why you just can't talk right away. But ya.. it's launch. This thing has great solid legs set in the ground. I love it. Think the console is great and am having some great fun with it and the party chat system. IMO party chat is far from any broken thing buttocks had talked about. There have been no problems so far on my end with it.

the chat works great when you are all in the same game and have less than 4 in a party. ...it all goes to shit if someone changes their game or you have above 4 in the party that are not playing the same game

The designers need to realise that sometimes people talk shit and play different games at the same time.....and we dont want to be disturbed by your sons 9yo freinds who log in and it suggests they join your party or lobby
In bright flashing lights

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
One thing I wish they would do is get rid of the friends/followers system and have friends where the invite has to be mutual and followers where you can follow celebrities, various personalities, etc.

Pretty much make them completely separate systems - friends should be friends and followers should be followers. I actually like the follower system if it were by itself but people you follow (when they don't follow you back) shouldn't be considered your friends. Friends imply a mutual relationship.

Hawk269

One thing I wish they would do is get rid of the friends/followers system and have friends where the invite has to be mutual and followers where you can follow celebrities, various personalities, etc.

Pretty much make them completely separate systems - friends should be friends and followers should be followers. I actually like the follower system if it were by itself but people you follow shouldn't be considered your friends. Friends imply a mutual relationship.

I thought that you can sort them that way if you want??? Not 100% sure. I think what you are saying is that your friends also show up as followers is that right? I know under followers, you can sort between the two, but it does default as everyone as followers.

This like some other little issues will be sorted out by updates in the near future. Just hope MS keeps us informed on what they are working on etc.

Top Bottom