• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S will support Dolby Vision Gaming and Dolby Atmos

Vasto

Xbox and Dolby redefine next-gen gaming

With support for Dolby Atmos® games at launch and Dolby Vision® games coming in 2021, the Xbox Series X and Series S will be the first consoles ever to enable gaming in both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Last edited:
I like the atmos, even the Dolby Surround version that is interpolated made me feel like the rain drops are hitting my head.

Dolby vision is fine, I guess I'll know when I get a crazy new tv for 120 vrr when the time comes.

The upgrade over HDR10 is probably the lesser or the features I noted, right?

skneogaf

Amazing technology, call of duty modern warfare dolby atmos is incredible. Also I've used dolby vision on battlefield 1 on pc and its excellent for tone mapping on my oled.

Rossco EZ

do i need to buy a dolby atmos headset for series x then?

also isn’t atmos already supported on oneX but you have to pay for it? there’s an app called dolby access and it says “download dolby access to start your free trial of dolby atmos for headphones” so i assume after trial they charge you?

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
I know it would have defeated the purpose of the series X, but the S model would have been shit hot with an optical drive in it.

makaveli60

Wait a minute? Dolby vision gaming? Is this a thing? I read somewhere that it's not even "possible" since games and movies work entirely differently. Can someone explain this? How will this be different than the general HDR modes we have already for games?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Love that atmos is still going to be in there, the new 3D sounds that both the PS5 and Series x been going about sounds good but i have an Atmos system and want to use it

MrFunSocks

Banned
The switch to Dolby Vision is jarring to say the least. At first it looks wrong, but after a few minutes it does look much more realistic. Great to see MS going with existing third party multiplatform solutions rather than trying to make their own proprietary one. Atmos is every bit as good as whatever 3D audio the PS5 can do, and it's already out there and proven.

The switch to Dolby Vision is jarring to say the least. At first it looks wrong, but after a few minutes it does look much more realistic. Great to see MS going with existing third party multiplatform solutions rather than trying to make their own proprietary one. Atmos is every bit as good as whatever 3D audio the PS5 can do, and it's already out there and proven.
I’m glad someone agrees

Top Bottom