• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zavvi Thread of Monumental Incompetence

Been ordering from them for 2 years now, both from my native country and in the UK. Everything always appears within 5 days of shipment, only once a parcel containing FF13 was lost, but I contacted them and they sent a replacement. Oh, my Witcher 2 pre-order was also cancelled a day before release last year, but I didn't mind.

Sinthetic

I pre-ordered Vanquish from Zavvi, it didn't arrive until four months after when it was dirt cheap in every store. Did they refund the difference since they were selling a hell of a lot cheaper! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Will never use them again.

What the Hell? Did you even bother contacting them? If something takes longer than a couple of weeks to get to you, they 99% of the time send out a replacement.

Carnby

I hear every copy of the Metal Gear Solid Collection: Zavve Exclusive is pretty much damaged due to poor shipping packaging on Zavvi's behalf. I know my copy came wrapped in a garbage bag. The game traveled from the UK to the USA in a garbage bag. The only reason the game made it here was because someone noticed it had a shipping label.

Torraz

I hear every copy of the Metal Gear Solid Collection: Zavve Exclusive is pretty much damaged due to poor shipping packaging on Zavvi's behalf. I know my copy came wrapped in a garbage bag. The game traveled from the UK to the USA in a garbage bag. The only reason the game made it here was because someone noticed it had a shipping label.

I read about some people asking for a reshipment due to damaged boxes etc and those were then properly packed and arrived in sound condidtion - might be something you could look into.

glaurung

They simply use inferior material boxes when shipping oversized items. Ordering BD jewel cases is harmless, they stay in tact even in a Jiffy bag.

This is an example of what happens with poor packaging:

zavvizelda.jpg

The contents are the special edition Zelda Skyward Sword box.

What the Hell? Did you even bother contacting them? If something takes longer than a couple of weeks to get to you, they 99% of the time send out a replacement.

Not in my experience they don't, they just lie and claim that they never charged you for your order even though your bank statements say otherwise.

PaulLFC

Been ordering from them for 2 years now, both from my native country and in the UK. Everything always appears within 5 days of shipment, only once a parcel containing FF13 was lost, but I contacted them and they sent a replacement. Oh, my Witcher 2 pre-order was also cancelled a day before release last year, but I didn't mind.
You have more patience than me. If I had a preorder cancelled a day before release after expecting it to be delivered from the moment I ordered it up until then, I'd be annoyed.

I really hate to resurrect a seem to be dead thread, but I'm desperate.

I need Zavvi's phone number that includes the area code and country code. The number listed on their site does not work. I emailed them asking for a number and the one they gave also does not work. Since then I have emailed them 3 more times for a correct, updated number but they have yet to reply.

If any Gaffer from U.K. could kindly provide a working number for Zavvi, it would be GREATLY appreciated...

elektrixx

Banned

I need Zavvi's phone number that includes the area code and country code. The number listed on their site does not work. I emailed them asking for a number and the one they gave also does not work. Since then I have emailed them 3 more times for a correct, updated number but they have yet to reply.

If any Gaffer from U.K. could kindly provide a working number for Zavvi, it would be GREATLY appreciated...

You added the international number stuff at the front, right?

They simply use inferior material boxes when shipping oversized items. Ordering BD jewel cases is harmless, they stay in tact even in a Jiffy bag.

This is an example of what happens with poor packaging:

zavvizelda.jpg

The contents are the special edition Zelda Skyward Sword box.

This is the exact same packing for my MGS collection. I decided to return the product and got a full refund for it, but they have not yet returned the cost for shipping it to them. It has been 6 months and I have been bickering with the staff via messages since to the point where they are not answering ANY of my replies anymore. The last one they replied was in April. This is why I need their contact. I'm sick of their staff dicking me around.

linkent

Ordered dark souls LE(50%) with the sweater deal..

Then they announced wrong pricing for that, so gonna cancel all order by email..
(they charged e sweater, as it is send first)
They never sent me any email of this cancellation..

Was so happy that it was despatch on launch date(charged ~18£)
Waited 1 month, give them a ticket, they say they will send another..
Another month, still no game, another ticket, another despatch..

So total 3 months, i did not received mine..
Finally ask for a refund, they said they have refunded me..
But it is not on my paypal nor credit card.. Ticket them again, but they insist that they have..
Cant ticket paypal, since it has passed 3 months..

Never buy from them since then..

Sorry for wot :p

hirokazu

I bought Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 from them at the start of June for £12 or so. The estimated time before shipping was about a month. Cool, I'll wait, I thought. A month and a half later, I get an email saying they've cancelled my order but if I still wanted it, I could buy it from their website - for £24.95.

Yeah, no thanks. If you have stock, you ought to honour existing customer orders, not cancel them all so you can sell it at non-sale price.

hirokazu

This is the exact same packing for my MGS collection. I decided to return the product and got a full refund for it, but they have not yet returned the cost for shipping it to them. It has been 6 months and I have been bickering with the staff via messages since to the point where they are not answering ANY of my replies anymore. The last one they replied was in April. This is why I need their contact. I'm sick of their staff dicking me around.
Ouch. Mine can in a less-than-sturdy cardboard box too, but fortunately, it survived in good condition.

Dabanton

People still order stuff from these bums?

They are godawful most of the time. I just can't take the back and forth with them.

Done it twice never again.

Exhibit B: I managed to pre-order Portal 2 for 32.99, and about a month before launch it jumped in price to 37.99. The day before it was due to be despatched, there was a sudden "payment problem" (apparently this was a problem that was unique to Zavvi) and I was informed that they would not be able to simply re-take payment and that my only option was to cancel and re-order. At £37.99....

I hope this does not happen with all the pre orders I have with the Hut group.

This super secret number will get you right through to someone and bypass all the holding shenanigans. PLEASE give them a monumental boat-load of shit!

01606 336169

Top Bottom