• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

Markster said:
Schrödinger's Console!!!

By far the most funny part of the video. :lol :lol :lol
shrodinger.png

Exarchos said:
Can someone tell me why I only get a white box where the video is supposed to be? I can't view videos from that site for some reason.

It works for me in Firefox just fine. Still, apparently they're aware of some tomfoolery where people can't view it.

Russ Pitts said:
I haven't yet seen this problem myself, but we're aware that it exists. We're working with the provider of our video software to correct the problem.

Would you mind sending us an email describing the problem, the specs of your PC and what browser you're using?

editor@escapistmag.com

It's weird, because it's not a rare problem, but it seems to vary from machine to machine.

It's funny stuff but as he alludes to in the Bioshock review, he is overly-harsh for comic effect. If he really hates every game as much as he says, why would he continue to keep playing?

speculawyer said:
It's funny stuff but as he alludes to in the Bioshock review, he is overly-harsh for comic effect. If he really hates every game as much as he says, why would he continue to keep playing?
Well he called Bioshock his game of the year. Or one of rather.

sugaki

I live my life one quarter-mile at a time
speculawyer said:

Being a diehard System Shock 2 fan, I can't agree more. Only people living in the console stone age think this game is deep. It's pretty shallow, and strikes me as a derivative of SS2. Still since games are shallow nowadays anyway, it's a pleasant game.

Rufus

Besides that, it actually was/is the point to be over the top and cynical. Listen to the beginning of the Bioshock review again and you'll understand.
Criticism doesn't equal absolute hate, either. Nothing is perfect and bantering about what's not so good about the games you (don't) like is fun. See above.

Broktune

Banned
I thought his Bioshock review was his weakest (all the others are fantastic.) I guess it was for his fans who don't like "good" reviews, but I think he was trying too hard to find fault. Gun turrets that can detect between good and bad? Action that stops while you hack? I think he was begging here. Might as well fault the game for your character not ever having to tie his shoelaces or use the restroom.

Also, what's with all the comparison with System Shock? I get that it was probably a better game to many, but, a HUGE portion of us have never played that game (which is a shame.) Is it possible to form an opinion on something without a comparison? Just take the game for what it is. I guess that's the main problem I had with this review.

kottila

Broktune said:
I thought his Bioshock review was his weakest (all the others are fantastic.) I guess it was for his fans who don't like "good" reviews, but I think he was trying too hard to find fault. Gun turrets that can detect between good and bad? Action that stops while you hack? I think he was begging here. Might as well fault the game for your character not ever having to tie his shoelaces or use the restroom.

Also, what's with all the comparison with System Shock? I get that it was probably a better game to many, but, a HUGE portion of us have never played that game (which is a shame.) Is it possible to form an opinion on something without a comparison? Just take the game for what it is. I guess that's the main problem I had with this review.

It's called jokes.

zam

Just noticed this at the end of the Tom Raider Anniversary reviev, in the credits.

"RETRACTION: Contrary to claims made in the previous video I have not in actuality fucked your mum because damn that shit is nasty, yo"

:lol :lol

Darkpen

Banned
lol, he's hilarious, but I loved TRA :(

It was really good, and admitedly, my first experience with TR. Then I tried TRL

Which sucked balls, but only because there was more shooting than tomb raiding, which there was plenty of in TRA. And actually, TRA is significantly better than TRL.

Darkpen

Banned
Shard said:
I enjoyed Laura dying in Tomb Raider: Legend for the exact same reasons.
She's a little better in TRA in comparison to TRL, but yeah, I admit finding myself just killing her out of frustration.

Ramenman

How come I didn't see this thread before ? I just watched the first one and I'm surprised that some of his quick-caption work hasn't surfaced in other threads by now.

things like the PS3 "it might be really good at some uncertain point in the future" ad and the "in deference to tradition i'm actually a girl as well as looking like one" or the top spin "could you just serve the ball please" are all kinds of awesome.

Ramenman

Taxman said:
No, what is this "Metroid error"?

Watch the first vid again.

he says something like "mario, metroid, zelda" and as he talks, Mario, Master Chief and Link appears on screen

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Roxas said:
not very funny this week. i laughed like twice.

The "Hardcore Violence" comparison chart was amusing, with Barbie Horse Adventures slightly higher than Resistance...

Ramenman said:
Watch the first vid again.

he says something like "mario, metroid, zelda" and as he talks, Mario, Master Chief and Link appears on screen

Wrong. It's Link, Master Chief (Samus), and Sonic (Mario).

It's done for comedy, not a mistake :p

NewLib

Banned
I liked the combination of the confusion in his voice and the drawings face when he mentioned paper bags as a weapon.

Top Bottom