• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Time Dilemma Pre-Order Debacle (months wait for broken watches)

Thoraxes

How the fuck do all these watches get damaged to this degree through shipping? Were they dropped from a plane without it landing or something?
I honestly feel that many of the issues could've been alleviated if the stand that the watches sit on was glued to the base.

Of my two watches, both thankfully came in good conditon. One was loose in box though, and I had to put the side buttons back on (which snapped securely in place).

This hasn't ruined my support of Aksys (they're doing Falcom's Tokyo Xanadu next year, after all (not to be confused with Falcom's Xanadu Next from XSEED)), but I'm definitely done with any kind of limited or special editons from them.

If you think that's disappointing, wait for the actual game.

I see the watches have the same quality as the game

xd xd xd

I'm playing through the game right now and (graphics aside) my main problems are that I don't like the disjointed, non-linear approach to the story, the crapshoot nature for some of the choices, and (my biggest complaint) the UI is incredibly clunky and makes a lot of the puzzles tedious.

It's not bad but it definitely feels less smooth and more like a chore than 999 and VLR. :/

Did anyone actually get one that wasn't broken (packaging, watch itself) in some way? I should consider myself lucky that mine I was able to jam the detatched button back on

I was lucky enough to get one undamaged from Amazon. Case a little scuffed but no cracks and no obvious damage on the watch.

But I should add that I preordered both the 3DS and Vita watch bundles and so far have only received 1 watch.

Madao

add me to the list of people who got cracked old batch watches.

i was crossing my fingers i'd get lucky with a good one but no. cracked watch. it's super clear it was from that batch because the package in which it was shipped had all other things that i ordered come in perfect shape, so you know the watch's damage was pre-shipping.

is everyone gonna be stuck with these scraps in the end? it's truly the bad end if that's how it is.

Wait, how does this work for Amazon. It comes up as a 500 dollar item with tax and all. The fuck...

there's an auto discount that wipes away that amount when you do checkout.

Psxphile

First time seeing this thread.

I received my watch from Amazon a few days ago, in an envelope. The plastic casing was intact, as is the watch from a cursory glance. The casing had a few scuffs along the edges, so it's definitely been through... something. The base is being held up by a long piece of tape, also intact. I've yet to open the casing and try turning on the watch, I was pretty content to just leave it as is on a shelf.

The same can be said about the game. I've no desire to play it right now. Weird.

Kaibutsu

So just curious but who here besides myself has not received anything from Amazon? My watch edition of the game is still on "we've got your order" on amazon with an estimated delivery date of August 16, 2016. After initially receiving the email that my game and watch would ship separately like everyone else I never got another email and neither ever shipped. I contacted both Danny from Aksys (2 times) and Amazon customer service (6 times) numerous times but again, no movement on the order. I would feel better if I wasn't the only person. For reference is a screenshot of my Amazon order taken last week. I'm open to suggestions on what else I can do...
Cr3szSTXEAAlPk1.jpg

Error1355

I got mine and the case was all scuffed up. I didn't check to make sure the actual watch worked yet. Oh well, at least this chapter is closed!

So just curious but who here besides myself has not received anything from Amazon? My watch edition of the game is still on "we've got your order" on amazon with an estimated delivery date of August 16, 2016. After initially receiving the email that my game and watch would ship separately like everyone else I never got another email and neither ever shipped. I contacted both Danny from Aksys (2 times) and Amazon customer service (6 times) numerous times but again, no movement on the order. I would feel better if I wasn't the only person. For reference is a screenshot of my Amazon order taken last week. I'm open to suggestions on what else I can do...

I'm in the same boat. I emailed this about a week and a half ago now and have literally made no progress with them since then. I just emailed them again this morning asking what's going on.

Help me out here.

I pre-ordered this item in July 2015. ORDER #1-----

The game released July 2016: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010U1DOKG/?tag=neogaf0e-20
The pre-order watch bonus was shipped to Amazon last week: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GW9ALUG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Other people who had pre-ordered this product got an email back when the game released where they received the game separate from the pre-order bonus. I never received that email.

This week, those people received an email where they had to purchase the watch separately using $500 credit applied to their account. I never received that email or that credit.

I spoke with 2 separate customer service reps on Thursday who promised I would receive both the watch and the game LAST NIGHT. It never shipped. Tracking says it would be delivered on September 9 (yesterday). I was also charged one-day shipping for that.

So, I still don't have the game after two months of waiting, I don't have the watch after a week, I'm now paying more than I should have been and I have no indication from Amazon that either of these things are even coming. No emails at all.

What gives? I have been dealing with delays with this shipment for months now. I didn't want to bother Amazon when the game was released because it wasn't your fault that the pre-order bonus was never shipped to you. But, at this point, with both items in your possession, I don't understand the lack of communication and actually being left behind everyone else in similar situations. People received the game back at release and already received the pre-order bonus. I have neither.

My order still says "expected September 9th" though it's never been shipped. Haha.

Kaibutsu

I'm in the same boat. I emailed this about a week and a half ago now and have literally made no progress with them since then. I just emailed them again this morning asking what's going on.

My order still says "expected September 9th" though it's never been shipped. Haha.

Still haven't received my damn game or watch. Contacted Amazon four more times, twice they didn't even bother to respond. Last email came on Monday and they want me to call so maybe it'll get resolved when I do that? Crazy...

Still haven't received my damn game or watch. Contacted Amazon four more times, twice they didn't even bother to respond. Last email came on Monday and they want me to call so maybe it'll get resolved when I do that? Crazy...

Yes, it was quite the fight but I actually finally got through to someone. I kept emailing Jeff and they FINALLY, after that last email I posted that really cut to the point, gave me the credit to buy the watch for free. The game wasn't a part of that but I can buy the game anywhere now.

Kaibutsu

Yes, it was quite the fight but I actually finally got through to someone. I kept emailing Jeff and they FINALLY, after that last email I posted that really cut to the point, gave me the credit to buy the watch for free. The game wasn't a part of that but I can buy the game anywhere now.

Hah, so I finally got Amazon to ship me my game last night but of course when they sent me the "benefit" emails to 1) purchase my watch with the credit 2) redeem my "limited edition digital artbook" I find that the watch is out of stock and only sold by 3rd party sellers so I can't purchase it and that the link for the artbook expired on 9/14/16, over a month ago... Just when I thought this situation couldn't be anymore fucked. Oh also Aksys liked a stupid tweet I did to voice my displeasure with the process, wtf?

edit: amazon emailed me back and said the watch is out of stock and there is nothing they can do... Of course.

milkham

Hah, so I finally got Amazon to ship me my game last night but of course when they sent me the "benefit" emails to 1) purchase my watch with the credit 2) redeem my "limited edition digital artbook" I find that the watch is out of stock and only sold by 3rd party sellers so I can't purchase it and that the link for the artbook expired on 9/14/16, over a month ago... Just when I thought this situation couldn't be anymore fucked. Oh also Aksys liked a stupid tweet I did to voice my displeasure with the process, wtf?

edit: amazon emailed me back and said the watch is out of stock and there is nothing they can do... Of course.

sorry kaibutsu, that fucking sucks

Dang...

Top Bottom