• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY Announced for North America and Europe for Summer 2012

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LOS ANGELES (Mar. 22, 2012) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced THEATRHYTHM™ FINAL FANTASY® (pronounced “theater rhythm”) exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system. This year marks the 25th anniversary of FINAL FANTASY, and THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY is the first music rhythm game in the history of the world famous franchise.

Developed by rhythm game veteran indieszero, SQUARE ENIX brings more than 70 musical scores spanning 25 years to THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY. The title features music from key events, lush field themes and decisive battle arrangements.

THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY features a hybrid of music rhythm gameplay with RPG elements. Adorably re-designed heroes from the catalogue of FINAL FANTASY titles will set out on an adventure to combat memorable villains with the rhythmic taps of the player’s stylus. Players can:

Revisit their most cherished memories from each FINAL FANTASY title
Strive to achieve the highest ranks in the challenge mode
Collect and share “dark notes,” a random music sheet that is riddled with hidden loot within the Chaos Shrine
Seek out crystal shards to unlock hidden characters

Product Summary

Title THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY
Platform Nintendo 3DS handheld system

Genre Music Rhythm Game

Release Date Summer 2012

Just popped in my inbox.

I am usually not interested in rhytm games due to the horrible music selection, but there are exceptions like Rhythm Heaven (where there is visual appeal along with nice tunes). It is good with an announcement and I look forward to play this as a Final Fantasy fan.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great, i'll pick it up.

Kingdom Hearts is also this Summer, right ?

Toth

Can't wait!

Is there any storyline in this game?

Also, what does 'loot' due in a music game/ RPG???

watershed

Banned
Sweet, isn't this kinda surprising? I remember a lot of debate in the media create threads about whether or not this would be localized.

xxczx

Someone post the gif of the kids crying while they worship. Tears~~
not quite kids worshiping
t8OI2.gif

Congratulations peeps! It's a surprisingly deep and fun rhythm game. There's of course the 'main mode' where you play the music from each game starting with the OP and finishing with the ED theme. The real depth comes from the other, harder modes with RPG elements and the like.

Just a really great, nostalgic experience and well worth the money. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. XD

Volcynika

I know listening to glowing impressions on WAHP recently, that helped me understand the game a bit more, and I am super hyped.

Top Bottom