• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY Announced for North America and Europe for Summer 2012

Neiteio

Again, I ask, does this game have the same punchy sense of "hitting" and "holding" the notes that Elite Beat Agents had? ALSO: Is Ultros in the game? Those shots of the FFXIII-2 DLC made me nostalgic for some FFVI goodness.

BDGAME

i5Dlqdkb1QUMW.gif

But I'm still waiting for Beat the Beat. Will this be the summer of music?

OFF.
From what anime is this gif?

ON

I love rhythm games and FF music. This is a buy for me.

Famassu

Okay. So where is Type-0, Square-Enix?
I'm guessing that 1) they are probably porting it to 3DS and/or Vita at this point, that takes time, 2) they are improving/polishing it (maybe balance characters & their skills better) and/or 3) they are adding some content into it (new side quests & optional boss fights etc.). + there's tons to localize.

I'm guessing that 1) they are probably porting it to 3DS and/or Vita at this point, that takes time, 2) they are improving/polishing it (maybe balance characters & their skills better) and/or 3) they are adding some content into it (new side quests & optional boss fights etc.). + there's tons to localize.

This and they're probably gonna wait until E3 to announce it probably.

iammeiam

Between this and the apparent delay of the NA release of Rhythm Thief, this summer's going to be an awesome time to own a 3DS if you're in to music games.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Won't matter to much about not being into rhythm games that much - the nostalgia will hit you hard, especially for someone like you who grew up playing the FF games, and you'll likely end up falling in love with it. I did anyway.

Nice! Ahhh the potential Nostalgia overload is already making me smile.

I'm about to go into overhype mode here, I'm listening to my favorite tracks from 7,8,9, and 10. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Cool. I think Rhythm Thief may fulfill my quota of 3DS music games this year, but who knows.

zroid

Banned
i am probably going to buy every single piece of dlc released for this game, whatever the cost. -->self-loathing commence.

matmanx1

I knew holding off on the import for Theatrhythm was the right move! Thank you, Square, for announcing this one so I don't have to keep on wondering if I made the right decision or not. Looks like the summer 3DS drought won't be so bad after all, depending on when this actually hits.

How about June/July? Just in time for E3 maybe?? One can only hope "Summer 2012" does not mean August 31st!

Mario007

question for the importers: are the event scenes in 3D? because seeing Yuna dancing in 3D would make this a day one for me

So... what is this game about?

I know there are songs, a few types of minigames, some arbitrary lvl up stuff, dlc. With everyone flipping on in the first page, it's almost like Final Fantasy is cool again or something!

froliq

So... what is this game about?

I know there are songs, a few types of minigames, some arbitrary lvl up stuff, dlc. With everyone flipping on in the first page, it's almost like Final Fantasy is cool again or something!

but final fantasy music has never been uncool!

Famassu

I knew holding off on the import for Theatrhythm was the right move! Thank you, Square, for announcing this one so I don't have to keep on wondering if I made the right decision or not. Looks like the summer 3DS drought won't be so bad after all, depending on when this actually hits.

How about June/July? Just in time for E3 maybe?? One can only hope "Summer 2012" does not mean August 31st!
Well, Kingdom Hearts 3D is probably arriving closer to the end of July, so unless they want to have two releases close to each other, I'd guess it's near late June/early July or after mid-August.

Chairhome

This isn't totally like Ouendan, you don't need to follow the path of the beats on this one. In the Event stages, you just have to look at what's coming up: Tap, Hold or flick direction. Event/Battle scenes you can do those in any part of the touch screen, Field you have to do the "hold" in a certain up and down pattern...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JUv5gAxprY

Its not totally different than Ouendan, but I wouldn't call it Ouendan Final Fantasy edition :-D

Neiteio

Is this played with the stylus? Is all the action on the touchscreen? If so, what does the upper screen display? If not, how do you make sure what you control on the touchscreen matches up with the action on the top?

Chairhome

Is this played with the stylus? Is all the action on the touchscreen? If so, what does the upper screen display? If not, how do you make sure what you control on the touchscreen matches up with the action on the top?

Read my post and click the link :-D
This isn't totally like Ouendan, you don't need to follow the path of the beats on this one. In the Event stages, you just have to look at what's coming up: Tap, Hold or flick direction. Event/Battle scenes you can do those in any part of the touch screen, Field you have to do the "hold" in a certain up and down pattern...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JUv5gAxprY

Its not totally different than Ouendan, but I wouldn't call it Ouendan Final Fantasy edition :-D

i hope they put all DLC, which is already available in Japan, into the final game.

I don't think they would, considering the game already has a ludicrous amount of content out of the box. The DLC is definitely very much in the value-add category rather than lolCapcom.

question for the importers: are the event scenes in 3D? because seeing Yuna dancing in 3D would make this a day one for me

Kinda. The events are in the background, on a separate plane than the actual rhythm action gameplay. There's a PV mode for watching them separately though or listening to the tracks without having to actually 'play' them.

Top Bottom