• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy coming to iOS! [Up: New Music From FFT/Type0/More, Out Now]

Minsc

Gold Member
I think that's too much IAP milking. S-E is terrible at iOS pricing.

We need a warning with those screens that says they're New Zealand pricing (thus inflated against US $s) lol. Supposedly it's in line with 3DS pricing when you start adding everything up.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
EDIT: Nope.

All unlockable characters from the 3DS version need to be purchased but each "main character" from FFI-XIII is playable for free.

I think there are no new songs, the songs in each bundle are the songs that were in TRFF, and the single song purchases are what was DLC in that version, IIRC.

Yes, there's a song from FFT called Antipyretic.
There's also a song from FFX-2, FFCC, two from FFVIIAC, one from Type-0 and one from FFXIII-2.

WHOAH

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I guess I'll bite on the iPad version (yes free I know) but still zzzz.

Hopefully it's not laggy like Symphonica. That's always good for otoge.

But seriously why the hell even bother making Symphonica when you're going to release this?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I love the 3DS version and would buy any new songs from the iOS version if any. Could someone please confirm if there is any new song in this, please?

There's Memories of Lightwaves (FFX-2) and Not Alone (FFIX).

Midou

Seems they would need to change the pacing without a stylus. I don't think you could be fast enough for some of it with a finger. Generally touch screens don't seem to be responsive enough with touch. Would probably get on android down the line though.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Am I going to get tomatoes and potatoes pelted at me if I grab this? I don't want to lose what little of my GAF cred I have left.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Seems they would need to change the pacing without a stylus. I don't think you could be fast enough for some of it with a finger. Generally touch screens don't seem to be responsive enough with touch. Would probably get on android down the line though.

Haven't seen enough high level Theatrhythm videos to say for sure, but I'm assuming the hardest Technika Tune songs are harder than the TR ones.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
is the pricing in US store and New Zealand store different?

would price be lower or higher in US store?

Lower. I'm guessing each song will cost $0.99 (just like the ones in the 3DS version).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
NZ price is intense.

USD pricing for DLC per song was $0.99. AUD was $1.50. God knows what NZD was. $2.00 maybe??

Jubern

Was excited at first and holding on my imminent purchase of the 3DS version, but looks like it'll still be worth it. Overpriced DLC and supposdly tacky support for my iPhone 4...

Oh well, I'll try the free version.

shiptoncraig

Neo Member
Bought the 3DS version for about £11 in the last couple of months, against my better judgement of waiting for an iOS version. I hope there's enough different in both versions to justify a possible double purchase but given it's a game about Final Fantasy music, I doubt it.

M3d10n

Bought the 3DS version for about £11 in the last couple of months, against my better judgement of waiting for an iOS version. I hope there's enough different in both versions to justify a possible double purchase but given it's a game about Final Fantasy music, I doubt it.

Since the iOS base game is free, you can just buy the exclusive songs there.

impact

Banned
3DS loses it's best exclusive and this version has more songs :(

SE better release them as free DLC. I bought the damn game for $40!

Midou

Haven't seen enough high level Theatrhythm videos to say for sure, but I'm assuming the hardest Technika Tune songs are harder than the TR ones.

It's probably one of the easiest rhythm games, but it's not so much that difficulty is the problem, as much as precision. Very quick successful taps all while doing parts that involving touching and sliding your finger up and down the screen inbetween seems problematic with a finger.

Pooya

Those screen look much better than the 3DS game, sprites looked squished and down sized due to low resolution there.

Goli

I switched to my US account and now the pricing appears right.
Each song costs 0.99, each song bundle from each numbered FF costs 2.99 and each character costs 1.99 USD.
There's currently 25 buyable characters, so buying all of them costs about 50 USD.
There's currently 13 music bundles that give you more or less the same music the vanilla 3DS version comes with, so buying all bundles costs about 40 USD.
Finally, there's currently 59 single song purchases that are more or less the same offered in the 3DS versions as paid DLC, so buying all of them costs about 59 USD.
That means... that buying everything availiable right now would cost you about 150 USD.
Wow.

XaosWolf

It's probably one of the easiest rhythm games, but it's not so much that difficulty is the problem, as much as precision. Very quick successful taps all while doing parts that involving touching and sliding your finger up and down the screen inbetween seems problematic with a finger.

This is what I was getting at. iPad should be better, but on something smaller I honestly see it as a hassle. Battle With the Four Fiends on iPod Touch will be interesting.

LiK

Each song costs 0.99, each song bundle from each numbered FF costs 2.99 and each character costs 1.99 USD.
There's currently 25 buyable characters, so buying all of them costs about 50 USD.
There's currently 13 music bundles that give you more or less the same music the vanilla 3DS version comes with, so buying all bundles costs about 40 USD.
Finally, there's currently 59 single song purchases that are more or less the same offered in the 3DS versions as paid DLC, so buying all of them costs about 59 USD.
That means... that buying everything availiable right now would cost you about 150 USD.
Wow.

Fuck that shit

batbeg

Yes, there's a song from FFT called Antipyretic.
There's also a song from FFX-2, FFCC[//b], two from FFVIIAC, one from Type-0 and one from FFXIII-2.

Which one, please? :) Kaze no Ne/Sound of the Wind, maybe?

Edit: I see this was answered. Is there any clarification on which language it is? I'm assuming english, but it'd be nice to be wrong.

Ridley327

Wow.

I knew this was going to cost way more than the 3DS version, but I had no idea it was going to be a markup of more than twice the cost of the core game.

The iOS Squenix tax never ceases to amaze.

Chairhome

Wow.
You don't have to buy everything. I remember when the 3DS version was announced, after everybody got over the artstyle, people were clamoring for an iOS version that would be priced a la carte like this. Get what you want, probably pay less. Now that its available, everyone is complaining.

This is why we can't have nice things.
I have the 3DS version, I don't play iOS

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wow.

loooolclkvjcbx

Oh well hopefully they sell a lot so they can make some money and show it at investor meetings as how well their mobile division is doing as usual. And then use the money to make console games like Star Oc- wait nm.

Minsc

Gold Member
Wow.

What's the pricing to buy all the 3DS DLC + base game? Duckroll mentioned earlier it might be around $100, so this would be a bit more out of line than I expected (unless the new characters/songs are enough to make up the difference)

So then there's ~60 songs in the base game from the 4-pack bundles, and an additional 59 DLC songs you buy 1 a-piece for a total of around 120 tracks?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wow.

Wow. :lol

Tarps

Wow that pricing really is something else... I think I'll stick with my 3DS version, there's no compelling reason for me to double dip. 3DS base game does come with a decent library of content to get you started. (plus EMS and unlockable characters)

I would like to see the additional content arrive on 3DS tho, heck maybe even run a sale every now and then!?!

raven777

Considering how i heard it cost over $100 if you buy all the dlc for 3ds version and iOS version having extra songs and characters, it doesnt seem as bad as it sounds...

LiK

What's the pricing to buy all the 3DS DLC + base game? Duckroll mentioned earlier it might be around $100, so this would be a bit more out of line than I expected (unless the new characters/songs are enough to make up the difference)

So then there's ~60 songs in the base game from the 4-pack bundles, and an additional 59 DLC songs you buy 1 a-piece for a total of around 120 tracks?

We need someone to do all the math. I'm curious if 3DS version will add up to iOS total

ULTROS!

Just wondering, what are the FFX, FFVIII, and FFVI single DLC songs?

There are 52 DLC songs in the 3DS version, so that's almost $51.48 all in all. The base game right now is $20 (original price was $40). So all in all it's $91.48. The game is more-or-less the same price as the 3DS version.

scy

So Theatrhythm was a game I was looking forward to when I finally bought a 3DS.

Which I just did.

My timing is impeccable.

Top Bottom