• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call demo coming to EU this week

corn_fest

Really liking the button controls. I think I even prefer them for FMS, since it seems like they've changed the way the cursor interacts with green notes - like there's some sort of autoaim, almost, which helps make the button controls more lenient but throws me off with touch controls compared to the original. I could be misremembering, though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So, people who know about the actual JP release, what's with the changes to scoring? I was shocked that I managed an SSS with two Greats, it used to be that you could only SSS if you got 100% criticals. And played with no items, to get the 2mil bonus. And here I'm gettin an SSS without all crits and with items on! Pretty shocking, that. Is it a demo-only thing, or have they really changed the way scores are computed?

ALSO, if you de-equipped you disabled the Feature Zone and got the full uninterrupted-by-summon song chart, which was necessary to complete all the critical charts, is that still a thing?

I dunno about these button controls, too. Feels like it makes it too easy sometimes. But on more complicated things it feels harder, probably cause I'm just not used to it. Doesn't much matter either way I guess, the stylus is the heart of this game, I'll be stickin with it.

Really liking the button controls. I think I even prefer them for FMS, since it seems like they've changed the way the cursor interacts with green notes - like there's some sort of autoaim, almost, which helps make the button controls more lenient but throws me off with touch controls compared to the original. I could be misremembering, though.

It's not just you. It does seem that in addition to adding button controls, they've changed the way your "cursor" in FMS stages moves in relation to your stylus movements, and it's throwing me off big time too. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time though, especially with 200+ songs to churn through.

Still unsure about how I feel using buttons in FMS, but it's amazing how natural they feel for BMS stages. Forgot this game was coming so soon, but now I cannot wait for the 16th.

Teppic

Game wasn't on my radar until I tried the demo and found out you can use buttons now. Also 221 songs and VS mode make it sound like a good deal.

tauroxd

I'm not even a Final Fantasy fan and this is one of the games I'll be buying day #1. Loved the original one.

Won't play the demo though, I spent too much time on the demo of the first game as it was. Will just wait for the actual release and then get the digital version (it's going to have one right?)

I want confirmation on that, too, please.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So, people who know about the actual JP release, what's with the changes to scoring? I was shocked that I managed an SSS with two Greats, it used to be that you could only SSS if you got 100% criticals. And played with no items, to get the 2mil bonus. And here I'm gettin an SSS without all crits and with items on! Pretty shocking, that. Is it a demo-only thing, or have they really changed the way scores are computed?

ALSO, if you de-equipped you disabled the Feature Zone and got the full uninterrupted-by-summon song chart, which was necessary to complete all the critical charts, is that still a thing?

I dunno about these button controls, too. Feels like it makes it too easy sometimes. But on more complicated things it feels harder, probably cause I'm just not used to it. Doesn't much matter either way I guess, the stylus is the heart of this game, I'll be stickin with it.
9750000 will get you SSS; feature zones are permanent.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
9750000 will get you SSS; feature zones are permanent.

HMMMMM!

Well can you screw up entering a feature zone? Whiff on all the build-up notes pre-summon? And if so, I assume there are different notes that appear? Rare song segments that you'll rarely see, and only if you're terrible?

Espada

Man, the FMS slides that end in a direction are messing me up. I'm already holding a direction so the circle can track the green slide section, but when it comes to inputting the directional input at the end I'm at a loss.

Am I supposed to hold the button down until I input the direction?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
HMMMMM!

Well can you screw up entering a feature zone? Whiff on all the build-up notes pre-summon? And if so, I assume there are different notes that appear? Rare song segments that you'll rarely see, and only if you're terrible?
Screwing up in the green feature zone gives you less optimal chocobos/summons, screwing up the orange zone screws up distance/power. No notes are changed.
Do you get anything for 9999999?
Sense of accomplishment and progress toward trophies?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Screwing up in the green feature zone gives you less optimal chocobos/summons, screwing up the orange zone screws up distance/power. No notes are changed.

Aha! I'm not sure I like that, usually the non-feature-zone bits were more fun/interesting to play (and didn't have the noteless bits when the summon appeared/attacked), but good to know.

Jeels

literally could they have chosen worse songs (well, yes but)

the advent children remix butchering of GODova? really?

The Man With The Machine Gun single handedly sold the game for me with the first game's demo, but this shit!!!

Totally agreed. For creating such a small demo in terms of content, they really picked songs I'm not interested in at all...

The buttons definitely make the game easier...I don't like the touch screen recognition of directional..

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Yeah with 221 songs I really don't understand why this demo contains only 2 of them and not even that convincing tracks... boh

anyway i'll love the full game.

Downloaded the demo day 1 and loved it (played it several times nonstop). Now I really can't wait for my Collector's Edition to be delivered!

daydream

Banned
Tried the demo. It was Theatrhythm, alright.

Button controls came as a surprise to me. They were interesting and probably the most feasible in the battle stages but I vastly prefer the stylus.

Green Yoshi

Yeah, the noise when making successful hits was definitely too quiet. Seeing as the first one had the option to make it louder I am sure this one will as well.

I actually meant the music and not the chimes. It's much louder in the demo of the first Theatrhythm.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Button controls are great, especially because I can see what's going on with the characters now.

I'm not sure what these two things have to do with one another. Did your stylus hand used to cover up part of the top screen or something?

Top Bottom