• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Kyou

Can't seem to fill up the Total Critical thing all the way. The first couple parts of the not-alternate-path always stay like half filled :(

also my team is Lightning, Onion Knight, Bartz, and Zidane. The sentences they string together are great because they always start super upbeat and end on a dour note

Beth Cyra

4, too, which had The After Years.

Well at this point, it really should be said that it's pretty much every game since VII.

Not only that but IV had after years as you mentioned as well as V having the Legend of The Crystal OVA. In fact each game aside from VI, VII and IX have had story extensions. It could be argued that while IX didn't didn't have a story extension that it shouldn't count as it's theme and feel was used as the base for the Crystal series and even had a Stilzskin (sp?) crossover.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Depends.

Zidane, Tidus, Butz, and Onion Knight for FMS. Though sometimes I throw a character from the game that's represented in for the character bonus.

Cloud, Shantotto, Warrior of Light, and random fellow/lady for BMS.

zashga

Are unlockable characters considered spoilers for this game? Just out of an abundance of caution...

Is it weird that I thought Faris was Edgar the first time I saw her? Her sprites all have purple hair in FF5, but I guess the original concept art was blonde.

I haven't actually unlocked her yet, so if you'll excise me...

Whogie

Cecil, Terra, Cloud, Shantotto

Haven't seen those silver notes that add extended mode (I forget what it's called) in a while. How do those work?

Love how Vaan says "I'm Basch!" in the title screen.

So I have Terra/Zidane/Cecil/Onion Knight :)

Really liking this so far. I didn't play Elite Beat but I loved the crap outta Taiko no Tatsujin on the DS. Wish the Hori stand I bought for my DSi hugged the 3DS properly but ah well.

This game is only gonna get better on the 3DS XL. *drool*

TheExodu5

Banned
The note charts are messed up in so many places. Theme of Love is a mess (in whatever the regular story mode difficulty is). The holds end at such an awkward and off tempo place.

MrDaravon

The note charts are messed up in so many places. Theme of Love is a mess (in whatever the regular story mode difficulty is). The holds end at such an awkward and off tempo place.

I general I have this problem with the Event tracks, I think just because they tend to be much slower.

rpmurphy

I'll ask again, lol.

Is there any purpose of playing through the "series" and "challenge" mode once you've played through all songs at least once and start with Chaos Shrine?
You unlock Expert and Ultimate difficulty levels by getting rank A or better on the songs in Challenge mode.

Also, you'll probably have a better time actually beating those stages than the Dark Notes, and thus gaining more character levels, items, and Rhythmia.

Bururian

Absolutely! I'm already charging twice today with 4 and a half hours of gameplay. Or maybe it seems to be going by quick because I haven't played with my 3DS in awhile and forgotten how short battery life was.

Glad I'm not the only one to notice this. In the last day, I've had to charge my 3DS three times from playing this game alone.

isny

napkin dispenser
Absolutely! I'm already charging twice today with 4 and a half hours of gameplay. Or maybe it seems to be going by quick because I haven't played with my 3DS in awhile and forgotten how short battery life was.

Nyko Power Pak + turn the 3D slider down all the way = profit

Even then though the battery life is still abysmal. And the Wii U controller battery life is going to be even worse...ugh...

Japanese password list. English passwords are just translations.

These English passwords 100% confirmed working (ignore leading number, obvs):

01 Warrior of Light
06 Flowered tights
07 Lifestream
09 Tantalus
15 White Mage
18 Princess of Tycoon
29 Goddess of Harmony
30 Fat Chocobo
31 Bat wings
32 Heavenly Strike
34 Hellfire
36 Mega Flare
42 Sun Blade
46 Libra!
50 Maelstrom
53 Everyone's Grudge
57 Ragnarok
58 1000 Needles
65 Pale Horse
66 Terminator
68 Elixir please!
69 Triple time
74 Xarcabard
76 Sochen Cave Palace
79 Crystal Rain
80 Trapezohedron
81 Demonsdance

These don't work, but are "on the right track". Feel free to futz with variants:

*04 Light from Darkness
*13 Serah's my girl
*22 Scared of Heights
*23 Y! R! P!
*26 It's a do-rag.
*27 His father's Richard
*28 Greatsword Masamune
*33 Old Man Thunder
*35 Beloved horse Sleipnir
*38 Grenade
*40 Blind Silence Poison Etc.
*41 Quite Macho
*43 Chain Attack
*48 Fushurururu
*52 Gimme some Elixir!
*54 His rival is Bartz
*59 He's a giant
*60 Annoying Octopus Guy
*62 I can't believe it!
*67 Failure
*71 Chaos-D
*73 Giant's Pass
*75 I hate water.
*77 Judge Master

People with more time and/or bilingual Final Fantasy knowledge are welcome to theorycraft additional passwords. These were all done by YT.

Back to the music.

Forkball

This game is fantastic. The "normal" difficulty is too easy, but the dark notes give you a run for your money. The presentation is also top notch, with cute character designs, hilarious dialogue, and exciting visuals during a song. I never thought I'd see a FFXIII cutscene on the 3DS. I need to unlock Eyes on Me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I've gotten some of those cards while playing, I thought the passwords would get you special PW only stuff.
I'll just keep playing normally.

This game is selling out FAST. I went to three different stores today trying to find a copy for a friend, all sold out.

Shades of the Japanese release.

Top Bottom