• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Themes incoming for PS4 2.0 and PSVita 3.30

Konosuke

PS4 Themes http://youtu.be/5D-Wr_3-E5U?t=1h40m47s
ibvCudI65U3Z2X.gif

Gif by SunhiLegend

Vita themes http://youtu.be/5D-Wr_3-E5U?t=18m30s
YDk8JB.gif

SmokyDave

If I can't get the Toro / Kuro theme in the OP, I'm going to raze the whole fucking thing to the ground.

Well, that, or I'll mutter my discontent under my breath.

LAA

Vita themes too eh? Didn't hear that bit, but I'd rather a Vita OS overhaul similar to PS4 (Won't happen). Well it maybe good, but don't really like the theme above. I'd be happy just setting different colours.

Did I hear correctly that they said 2.0 is coming 25th September, or someting like that?

Didn't hear that either, would be cool if so.

Stimpack

This took so long. Wonderful news. Hope there's some good stuff to choose from.

So I Googled and found this as the top hit. Here's the header "Sony PS4 System Update 2.0 Release Date..."

It goes on to say that there's no release date! Wonderful! Screw you, website that I can't name!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The UI in the GIF has folders ...

Yoday

I'm fine with the blue, themes aren't really my thing. I really wanted them to announce some damn content management/sorting options for 2.0. I don't care what the UI looks like as long as it is still a mess to actually use. I just don't want them to take the folders route that everyone keeps crying for, as folders won't fix anything outside of turning one giant mess of a content bar into multiple not quite so giant but still a mess content bars that would have to be manually managed.

Griss

I don't care at all about themes, but that GIF suggests that they're keeping the 'ludicrously long list of content' system.

There had better be a way to sort all that crap into folders, Sony, seriously. As well as sort by date, alphabetically etc.

Holy shit that example gif made me think of how good it would be to have a Persona 4 one with all the main characters in the Dojima household. It would make such a nice and humble feeling theme.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Neat! when will the updates go live?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I want different collors of basic PS4 UI.
When they added theme support to the PS3 they also included a bunch of other theme options. Hopefully it's the same with the PS4.

PS3 FW 2.0 Patch Notes said:
PS3 FW 2.00 - November 8, 2007

Settings changes

• Ability to modify the PlayStation 3 XMB Home Menu icons or background design by using a theme compiler
  • Remote Start has been added as an option under [Remote Play Settings].
  • [Colour], [Background] and [Font] have been added as options under [Theme Settings].
  • Ability to select [Brightness] as an option under [Theme Settings] > [Background].
  • The process for setting [Internet Connection Settings] under [Network Settings] has been changed.
  • Ability to select Canon printers with the [Printer Selection] option under [Printer Settings].

YoodlePro

Used to love that winter theme on PS3. The one with a guy walking through snow with his scarf fluttering in the wind.

So peaceful.

Top Bottom