• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theory: Neither MS nor Sony were ready for nextgen. Why crossgen build hype and SSD is indeed big

After the announcment of some Sony games being actually crossgen titles that took us all by surprise, at least there's one good thing about all this: that we have yet to see what nextgen isrealy about.

I dont want to overhype anything, but I think people might be missing something... I think theres a real shifft in paradigm that the SSD brings to the whole gaming development process that the industry is simply not ter ready. Not Just the SSD, the whole thing (cpu as well considering How games were held back by the Very weak jaguars), but mainly SSD.

The development process of a game is about to change drastically and Studios for the most Part are in transition.

Do You remember there was a talk about SSD only starting to make real impacto 2 years away from now? I dont remember who said that...

Unreal Engine demo was the only thing that really showed what the Future reserves and it was a Very short demo, not a real game.

The fact lthat somecrossgen games like Horizon Forbiden West already look like they do actually build a positive expectation on what a real exclusive nextgen title Will look like, but the industry was Just not ready.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
After the announcment of some Sony games being actually crossgen titles that took us all by surprise, at least there's one good thing about all this: that we have yet to see what nextgen isrealy about.

I dont want to overhype anything, but I think people might be missing something... I think theres a real shifft in paradigm that the SSD brings to the whole gaming development process that the industry is simply not ter ready. Not Just the SSD, the whole thing (cpu as well considering How games were held back by the Very weak jaguars), but mainly SSD.

The development process of a game is about to change drastically and Studios for the most Part are in transition.

Do You remember there was a talk about SSD only starting to make real impacto 2 years away from now? I dont remember who said that...

Unreal Engine demo was the only thing that really showed what the Future reserves and it was a Very short demo, not a real game.

The fact lthat somecrossgen games like Horizon Forbiden West already look like they do actually build a positive expectation on what a real exclusive nextgen title Will look like, but the industry was Just not ready.
Console makers were not ready more like, industry is fine in this regard. People react fast to new technologies like DLSS, RT, etc...

Top Bottom