• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are currently no concrete plans for FFXV for Nintendo Switch.

Ex-Psych

Looks like this Rollercoaster may have come to an end.

https://s.famitsu.com/news/201709/24142632.html

From what I've gathered from Google Translate, it seems that Tabata and crew were just doing testing on whether the Luminous Engine or the Unreal Engine 4 would be a better fit to use for the Switch, but that somehow got translated as FFXV coming to Nintendo Switch.

In this article he says that there are currently no plans for FFXV on Switch.

He acknowledges the discussion overseas about whether or not a Switch version is coming but confirms there are no plans at the mo.

Quick translation of the most important line:

ニンテンドースイッチに『FFXV』を出す計画は現状、ありません。しかしながら、ニンテンドースイッチは我々も好きなハードです。どういうものが作れるか、技術テストは行っています。
There are no Switch FF15 plans at the moment. However, we really like the system and have been testing out a few things to see what [kind of game] we want to make for it.

He did say that UE4 performed well so there may be hope for other games from Square.

This thread will be a treat.

Edit: Reading the article, he does indeed say there are no plans. Just in case anyone tries to refute Google translate. I still find this to be pointless. Like i said in the last thread. Better off just making sure FFVII and KH3 can make their way to Switch.

Renna Hazel

This seemed like a huge effort that would likely be wasted by the time they were done. They should focus on FF7 and KH3 if they want to bring these type of games to Switch. I'd get FF7.

gtj1092

Seemed kind of obvious when they said it couldn't run on switch with the current engine. To get it to run they would have to port to UE4 then to switch. Might as well focus on future games and plan for switch an the beginning of development. Doubt many Nintendo owners want the game anyway.

Desmond

He acknowledges the discussion overseas about whether or not a Switch version is coming but confirms there are no plans at the mo.

ニンテンドースイッチに『FFXV』を出す計画は現状、ありません。しかしながら、ニンテンドースイッチは我々も好きなハードです。どういうものが作れるか、技術テストは行っています。
There are no Switch FF15 plans at the moment. However, we really like the system and have been testing out a few things to see what [kind of game] we want to make for it.

emperor_ing

Neo Member
Not a surprise they are keen to throw the ice on that one. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing pocket edition on there though. Dunno about anyone else but I'm more a fan of the chibi art style they use for their mobile offerings and World of Final Fantasy than the realistic style used in the mainline games.

Ydelnae

Tabata, when the Switch version releases next year: "we always knew this was our end goal. We actually started development on this version before even finishing up the first release".

Oregano

This thread will be a treat.

Edit: Reading the article, he does indeed say there are no plans. Just in case anyone tries to refute Google translate. I still find this to be pointless. Like i said in the last thread. Better off just making sure FFVII and KH3 can make their way to Switch.

Neither FFVII or KH3 are releasing on Switch.

Alienous

I don't see 30fps games on current-gen having much of a hope at all of coming to the Switch. The work that it would take seems like it would be less of a port and more of a 'built from the ground up' version, like was typically seen between the PS2/PS3.

Switch owners dodged a bullet here.

good, don't need that junk on Switch.

giphy.gif

Sitrus

He says there are no plans as of now. They have been evaluating the Luminous engine and UE4 for future games.

He laughed a bit (strained) by how the overseas media was reporting about the switch version and wondered where that came from.

BD1

Banned
Honestly, I have no real desire to play FFXV on Switch. The game exists on the Twins and I would make the assumption in no way could a Switch version perform any better than what's currently available.

I'd prefer SE continue to make interesting and unique games like Octopath Traveler for NX.

Why do you keep saying this? Are you ruling out games ever releasing just because they haven't been announced yet or do you actually know something? Seems so strange that you're hammering down on everyone saying "game X is probably easier to bring than FFXV."
let him be,at least the MC thread also dodged a bullet right there

Ex-Psych

Adding your post to OP thanks

Snakeyes

With so much jumping to conclusions by certain news outlets, that's the only sensible answer. It's pretty obvious that they're going way beyond the usual amount of effort to evaluate the possibility of a Switch version of XV, but that still doesn't mean it's going to happen for sure.

Top Bottom