• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are eight gaming persona's - which one is you?

What persona are you?

• Ultimate gamer

Votes: 37 22.4%
  • All round enthusiast

Votes: 34 20.6%
  • Cloud gamer

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Conventional player

Votes: 77 46.7%
  • Hardware enthusiast

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Popcorn gamer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Backseat viewer

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Time Filler

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely the conventional player (and got that in the quiz). I have zero interest in watching others play games, and I'm not a hardware enthusiast (care less and less about having the best graphics etc. the older I get). I don't take it seriously enough--not competitive, don't have "gamer" as part of my self identity/DNA so I don't fit the ultimate. I just love playing games and talking about what I'm playing, speculating about upcoming releases etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Domisto

Pretty stupid quiz. I play a lot, watch a ton and have spent a lot on games this year already (2k+ €, no ingame-garbage or subscriptions or whatever, just pure games), yet I'm a "Cloud Gamer". Only the hardware part applies because I haven't bought anything really in the past three years.
Same for me. I did the quiz twice and only changed the spend from 'less than 50' to 'average' and got Ultimate Gamer.

Maybe I should just embrace the mumsie profile and get Stadia. 🤮

Murr

Wow only 1.2% of Neogaf users are gaming journalists. Disappointing.:messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
I would qualify as an ultimate gamer in the sense that's where my time and money goes but I think all the streaming stuff is completely stupid.

That being said if I didn't work a normal slave job I'd probably try my hand at it.

Fbh

According to the quiz I'm the Ultimate Gamer but I'm not sure why. I don't watch streams, or let's plays, or Esports or much gaming media in general aside from reviews, a weekly podcast and the big live events like E3.

Reading the descriptions I think I'd fall more into the "conventional gamer" type

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Which of the following statements applies most to you regarding gaming hardware (including devices, components, and peripheral products)?

The hardware I buy is not specifically made for gaming or sold as gaming hardware. Hardware in general does not play a big role in my overall gaming experience.
Although hardware is important to my gaming experience, I only spend money on hardware when I feel it will significantly improve my gaming experience or is required to play a certain game.
Hardware is an essential part of my gaming experience. I frequently spend money on upgrading my gaming set-up to have the best gaming hardware available.

None apply, I only buy hardware when a game I want is not available on the hardware I have.
It's literally the 2nd option. "or is required to play a certain game"

TLZ

Banned
Definitely the conventional player (and got that in the quiz). I have zero interest in watching others play games, and I'm not a hardware enthusiast (care less and less about having the best graphics etc. the older I get). I don't take it seriously enough--not competitive, don't have "gamer" as part of my self identity/DNA so I don't fit the ultimate. I just love playing games and talking about what I'm playing, speculating about upcoming releases etc.
I'm kinda the same. Kinda because everything you said fits me except the hardware part. Still a hardware enthusiast :messenger_sunglasses:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It's literally the 2nd option. "or is required to play a certain game"
It says this is not the only reason why I would buy new hardware.

But yeah, this was the option I picked.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Can't vote but I would be a mix of Ultimate gamer (90%) and Cloud gamer(10% for the hardware part, I'll buy a new console only if I really want to play a specific game).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Which one do I pick for "Old jaded gamer trying to relive the glory days"?
Probably conventional player, unless you spend a lot of time on watching others play, then it might be backseat viewer.

Lets be real here. :lollipop_beaming_smiling:
kX9bWrt.gif
But I will still win in the dick measuring contest.

No, for real, Yoshitsune is frickin good.

Last edited:

Aintitcool

Banned
DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GAMER PERSONALITY!

The gamer who used to follow all gaming news and than stopped playing games but not reading the news

I play games on consoles and PC, don't watch stream and know 0 personalities on youtube. Neogaf is the only place I talk about games rather than playing them.

I guess conventional gamer?

Although I would disagree on the % that conventional gamers out there. I guess the figures are skewed by counting mobile games as games?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got Conventional Gamer (weird because if I chose that I'm not particular with peripherals, I get Cloud Gamer, which isn't really me).

I don't watch streams, eSports, nor invest in too much merchandise (rarely so) but I play a lot.

Bl@de

PC Hardware enthusiast. Love reading about and understanding new hardware and optimizing my own PC. Don't need to have the the best equipment though (says the man with a undervolted 1080 Ti). Games are nice too ... I guess :p

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Conventional by far.

Very rare to watch a "let's play". I own all the hardware, so I keep looking for software - but mostly at day one. Play for the fun in first place, so I don't compete that much with other people, and even when I do, don't really care by being the first - don't really care to won trophies

Saber

Gold Member
I would be an All around.

I mean, I play games a lot but I also enjoy watching walkthroughs, speedruns and TAS.

Edit: Ok, I didn't read the part that I have to do a test to check this LOL

I end up being an Ultimate gamer. Talk about differences.

Last edited:

FatboyTim

Took the quiz and apparently I'm an "Ultimate Gamer!™" :rolleyes:

I'd beg to differ, but I guess I have spent a lot on hardware & peripherals in the last 3 years. 🤷‍♂️

ROMhack

I'd describe myself someplace between all-round enthusiast and popcorn gamer, leaning towards the former.

Edit: I got hardware enthusiast in the quiz. Last upgraded my PC in 2011 :messenger_dizzy:

Last edited:

Lux R7

i got the ultimate gamer, however i'm very very VERY selective about the games i play (and i like in general) and the people i watch playing.

Top Bottom