• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a new Tatsunoko vs. Capcom official event in Japan

TreIII

Neat!

Wonder what the ulterior motive may be for such an event, but any love and attention this game gets is a good thing!

Nosgotham

holy shit. pleaaaaaase get a Switch sequel. pleeeeease.

that game kicks the shit out of MvC3 or SF4. love that game so much

sensui-tomo

i'd love a sequel, i'd import it day one. This was my favorite fighter last gen
To be frank though i'd probably just main Batsu again... I'd do bad things for a new Rival Schools. (or capcom to make a Capcom All Stars which would have all the fighters finally join together)

Perineum

MvCi already looks like it could be a new TvC or SFxT, but shit I'd take the real deal any day.

New TvC is a day one for me. Such a great game.

Kyoufu

If they make TvC2 then they better add Ekou this time. I was so disappointed that they left him out of the first one. :(

Interesting. I'd be down for even a HD port for Switch or other consoles. A sequel would be even better, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

hao chi

I'd be happy with even just a port to current consoles. I always thought the game looked really fun, but I don't have a fight stick and couldn't justify buying one for a single game, so I never played TvC.

Nuu

Banned
People should subscribe to this channel that hosts weekly TvC tournaments.

I don't want TvC to be stuck on a Nintendo platform again...if they must at least put it on multiple platforms this time. TvC is so good but, didn't get enough of an audience.

This event though? Is probably nothing.

TvC sold VERY well for what it was. I'd argue that it being Wii exclusive could have helped it.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Hell, that game was fun. I'd love to see a rerelease / sequel.

I wish the Stateside / Europe version of the original had Hakushon Daimaou - I loved that anime when I was a kid.

TreIII

MvCI being a thing kills any possibility of a TvC, in my opinion. Shonen Jump vs Capcom, maybe?

Well, not a new game, unless we start hearing about Capcom acquiring the license to Tatsunoko properties again.

But if they had a small team that was able to bring an upgraded port of SSF2T HD Remix to Switch, I can imagine a similar-sized team could also do likewise for TvC, if Capcom wanted to continue a comfortable, if somewhat lazy/noncommittal support of Capcom fighting games on Nintendo's newest platform.

One of the few fighting games where I felt there's a lot unique to the original release.

The character songs that acted as the soundtrack, the animated movies, all the motion minigames and the genie character never made it into the second version.

TvC sold VERY well for what it was. I'd argue that it being Wii exclusive could have helped it.

I should have prefaced that I didn't mean sales since it did do pretty well for a fighting game on the Wii, I meant people playing it at tournaments and stuff, it was kinda short lived all things considering. Then again Marvel 3 might be more to blame than the platform it was on the more I think of it.

Either way, any kinda thing I would like to see.

At most they'll drop a HD version for the Switch/maybe other systems, but I doubt it'll get anything substantial. MVC:I already heads in that direction, so having TvC2, besides the characters, would be sorta redundant.

Doorman

Man I loved this game even though I'm terrible at fighters. A friend and I would go back and forth on it a lot back in the day, shame it never felt like it picked up bigger in the tournament scene but I guess that was to be expected given the system.

I'll take an HD port or a sequel any day though.

Billfisto

Sequel or HD version, I'll pick it up for sure.

I need to play it again with my newfound appreciation for Hurricane Polymar.

Nuu

Banned
I should have prefaced that I didn't mean sales since it did do pretty well for a fighting game on the Wii, I meant people playing it at tournaments and stuff, it was kinda short lived all things considering. Then again Marvel 3 might be more to blame than the platform it was on the more I think of it.

Either way, any kinda thing I would like to see.

Yes the Wii was a lot to blame for it not being at locals. That being said, Marvel 3 and Street Fighter IV had more to do with it than anything. The game would have likely set fire to the FGC if the 2009 renaissance hadn't happened.

TreIII

At most they'll drop a HD version for the Switch/maybe other systems, but I doubt it'll get anything substantial. MVC:I already heads in that direction, so having TvC2, besides the characters, would be sorta redundant.

Agreed, but there's a big part of me that wishes for otherwise.

What made me love TvC was the roster picks on both sides. I'd almost imagine that a sequel would continue in that vein, and Capcom would even up the ante with more outlandish, very "Japanese" picks that wouldn't see the light of day in a more Western-facing product like a MvC game. Date Masamune, Fou-lu, the sky could be the limits!

And at the very least, I'd imagine Tatsunoko wouldn't care about their characters being "Midnight Bliss'd". Hell, I'd imagine they'd relish in it.

jackal27

Banned
Still my favorite fighting game of last generation! Glad to see it's still being played :) Wish I could still hop online :(

TheChits

TvC2 is my current dream game that will likely never come to fruition. Glad to see TvC still getting some love, no matter how little

If there is something new or a re-release, Jesus anything but the switch please.

Would like there to be an actual scene. And arcade sticks

And yes I've run tournaments of TvC in the past.

Top Bottom