• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a new Tatsunoko vs. Capcom official event in Japan

Chindogg

MvCI being a thing kills any possibility of a TvC, in my opinion. Shonen Jump vs Capcom, maybe?

Since MvC never really took off in Japan, perhaps they can make TvCi in parallel using the same engine and effects but with different characters and backgrounds?

TvC is great!! I remember seeing and playing it for the first time on a cab with skisonic holding it down at the evo that year when sf4 was first revealed and playable. Good times!

Ōkami;233904527 said:
Which the Marvel games had as well.

And you can bet they all did better there too.

Marvel 3 did not get an arcade release and TvC was unpopular because nobody wants to buy a stick for the wii.

J@hranimo

Banned
Holy crap this game is alive?!?!

This was one of the few Capcom VS fighters I played a little bit of. I'd get it again if it dropped on the Switch.

i-Jest

I smell a multiplatform PS4/XBO/Switch/PC HD port with worldwide release.

The licensing Nightmare that is Tatsunoko vs Capcom in the West is by all accounts a miracle. Different companies in the West have rights to different characters and they all wanted a huge piece of the profits the game made here. If an HD port ever happens, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it this time around.

Everyone hug your Wii copies.

The licensing Nightmare that is Tatsunoko vs Capcom in the West is by all accounts a miracle. Different companies in the West have rights to different characters and they all wanted a huge piece of the profits the game made here. If an HD port ever happens, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it this time around.

At least this time Switch is easily region free though!

Gambit

Since MvC never really took off in Japan, perhaps they can make TvCi in parallel using the same engine and effects but with different characters and backgrounds?

NOOOOO

I mean, hopefully not the same engine. The look and style of TvC looks so much better in my opinion. Of course, if that's the only chance for a sequel, I guess I'd take that. But begrudgingly.

Ninja Dom

Putting up a new TvC as Switch exclusive would only send it to its death just like the original was with the Wii.

Don't forget that the arcade machine was made using an arcade board based on the Wii. So it was inevitable that the Wii would get a home port.

shaowebb

Oh wow a TVC event? Awesome! The discord group has been trying to keep it alive and has been running weeklies for awhile now. I haven't been home lately since I began working outage stuff at the plant several weeks ago though so no clue how things have been lately.

Glad to see this game still getting something after all this time! It'd be great if it lead to anything rereleased or new.

OP link is dead btw.
Working link to TVC news story in Odaiba

-shadow-

Could this point to a new license to port the game to new consoles? I already own the game on the Wii, but the disc drive is busted. I'd love being able to replay it on a different system regardless of what it is. This game was absolutely amazing regardless of what people thought of the Wiimote!

If there's gonna be a Switch sequel, I'd think it'd be best if they make it a 3 button plus launcher or even 4 button with TvC style launcher, rather than 6 buttons.
I love TvC though. Alex and Roll were my jam.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
If there's gonna be a Switch sequel, I'd think it'd be best if they make it a 3 button plus launcher or even 4 button with TvC style launcher, rather than 6 buttons.
I love TvC though. Alex and Roll were my jam.

same - i want a million 4 button fighters on Switch

Beckx

Tatsunoko has seen some success with the new versions of their classic properties. If we do get a new TvC I really, really hope that we get the new characters (Gatchaman Crowds, etc.) in addition to the old.

OD needs to be in a fighting game.

ReyVGM

I don't want TvC to be stuck on a Nintendo platform again...if they must at least put it on multiple platforms this time. TvC is so good but, didn't get enough of an audience.

This event though? Is probably nothing.

Street Fighter has been stuck on non-Nintendo consoles for over two decades now, why don't you complain about that too?

Nosgotham

Good thing Switch is region free then

Jawmuncher

I doubt they'd announce a TvC2 with MVCI still in the pipeline and not showing anything still. A rerelease sounds more likely. The game got snubbed something fierce being only on the Wii. So a new release on switch, PS4, X1, and PC gives the game the second chance to sell more and make a sequel a reality.

On the other hand such a rerelease might be Japanese only. Capcom sure doesn't mind screwing over customers with Japanese only titles. I'd say more so than any of the other big Japanese companies. Considering the big IPs they've left over there.

Forkball

TvC is an awesome, if barebones, fighting game. It was MvC3 before there was such a thing. It was very accessible to people who aren't great at fighting games as many characters had similar inputs. I actually managed to win matches online. Its biggest flaw is that it unleashed Zero into fighting games.

Fun game.

I don't normally like fighting games, but somehow my friend bought the game and we dug the hell out of it.

I'd buy a port on the switch for dirk daring.

TvC is an awesome, if barebones, fighting game. It was MvC3 before there was such a thing. It was very accessible to people who aren't great at fighting games as many characters had similar inputs. I actually managed to win matches online. Its biggest flaw is that it unleashed Zero into fighting games.

Naw blame SVC:Chaos for unleashing Zero in fighting games.

PantsuJo

There was a strange crossover game in 2015, Azito x Tatsunoko for Xbox ONE, Japanese exclusive.

409319_front.jpg

Top Bottom