• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a new Tatsunoko vs. Capcom official event in Japan

shaowebb

Where the Hurricane Polymar gifs at?

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

GOkvUIL.gif
GWgXy8N.gif

mQEU4Mr.gif
oH9DyhM.gif
4PIgFIh.gif
DGYmaCL.gif

He shall return.

Jawmuncher

Did TvC continue at all in Japan after the Wii game? I would eat up any kind of sequel.

Nah. The game died there and it died even more in the west.
Which is why I still say if this is anything, it would be a new port to the current gen consoles and PC. With the sales indicating whether they should do a sequel.
Capcom doing MVCi, Supprting MVCI, and doing a brand new fighting game sequel all at once seems a bit too much for how risk adverse they've been lately.

Then there's still the fact that they sure don't mind leaving games in japan as of late.

Alrus

Wasn't TvC an absolute nightmare to localize because of all the licenses being held by a ton of different companies in the west? I doubt Capcom would want to go through that again tbh.

Game was dope, but if they ever make a sequel I hope they get rid of the giants, they weren't good but they weren't fun to play against either.

TreIII

Wasn't TvC an absolute nightmare to localize because of all the licenses being held by a ton of different companies in the west? I doubt Capcom would want to go through that again tbh.

Worse comes to worse, at least region-free gaming makes it even easier now than it was during the Wii's lifetime. No more boot discs or softmodding to worry about!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Despite basically not knowing most of the cast (including the Capcom side) I really enjoyed this game. I'm not that big on fighting titles, so the controls really appealed to me.

Weiss

Banned
Despite basically not knowing most of the cast (including the Capcom side) I really enjoyed this game. I'm not that big on fighting titles, so the controls really appealed to me.

Honestly that was part of the charm and what separated it from MvC for me. The Tatsu side was completely original to me and Capcom had a ton of obscure weirdos like Saki and PTX.

L Thammy

it would be weird if 8ing came back to do a tvc sequel and not mvc. i thinks they should do both again.

I didn't care for MvC3 and I'm not that interested in MvCI, so personally I'd be happy if Eighting could give TvC its full focus. But that's me.

Honestly that was part of the charm and what separated it from MvC for me. The Tatsu side was completely original to me and Capcom had a ton of obscure weirdos like Saki and PTX.

Weiss gets it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nah. The game died there and it died even more in the west.
Which is why I still say if this is anything, it would be a new port to the current gen consoles and PC. With the sales indicating whether they should do a sequel.
Capcom doing MVCi, Supprting MVCI, and doing a brand new fighting game sequel all at once seems a bit too much for how risk adverse they've been lately.

Then there's still the fact that they sure don't mind leaving games in japan as of late.
The only current generation console is the Switch.

I'm leaning towards, if anything actually gets announced, a port of TvC for all current-gen systems that may not make it out of Japan.

I never played this as I was already done with the Wii by then. I'm a big fan of Gatchaman though, so I hope they do a new one and release on PS4 as well.

tumblr_n70oqx0Spp1s7ppnso1_500.gif

TDLink

I never played this as I was already done with the Wii by then. I'm a big fan of Gatchaman though, so I hope they do a new one and release on PS4 as well.

tumblr_n70oqx0Spp1s7ppnso1_500.gif

Fan of Gatchaman but didn't play the original, regardless of platform?

Shameful.

Sequel or HD port, I'll buy either one on whatever platform it's on. (I want it to be a sequel though).

If this is just pure blue balls it's very cruel.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't recognize the four gals in the row with Time Bokan 24 (the four girls right after them)

EDIT: Oh and the two guys beneath Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth

Piccoro

I'm glad I kept my copy. I still pop it in to play a few rounds and the game looks great on the Wii. I hope they port it over to the NS or something at some point, because more people should play this game.

I also still have my copy, but it sucks that the Wii online servers were shut down. :(

Boss Doggie

What is this? A voting thing, some of these people weren't even in game?

Yeah just a popularity contest for merch, they used tvc as a theme but added some new characters

I find it strange that Joe, Soki, Saki, Alex, Volnutt, Roll, PTX, and Zero are left out though

Regiruler

I still need to play this at some point. I love Eighting's 3D fighting work.

A little off-topic, but I hate how Steel Combat was practically buried in the depths of the earth. Not only did it have to be oculus exclusive, but it has to have the worst PR presence I've ever seen. Eighting deserved better (I don't think they're even actually listed as a developer on the store).

khaaan

Such a fun game, I would love another one. The only thing it failed at for me was that because I have zero affinity for the Tatsunoko brand so their side of the roster might has well been generic Power Rangers. Obviously that's no fault of theirs but it would have made for a complete package.

Boss Doggie

Oh the guys beneath the Phoenix Wright characters were from the Great Ace Attorney.

But what about the one beside Leon/Sissel, and the two guys left of BOF4 Ryu, and the four gals beside the Time Bokan 24 duo?

Also glad they knew perfectly well who is the best BoF Ryu.

Top Bottom