• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a new Tatsunoko vs. Capcom official event in Japan

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
You know how you can create actual interest? BY PORTING THE GAME TO MODERN CONSOLES.

Seriously, aside from the usual licensing bullshit how much would it really cost to do this?

Regiruler

Favorite fighting game. 8ing are masters. (Baruto Ninja Taisen, next please)

Yesssss, we need more Clash of Ninja.
i guess it's still worth saying that by "event" they don't mean, like, a press conference. there's no speakers or show or anything. there's almost certainly not any announcements.

it's a bunch of tatsunoko and capcom themed attractions being hosted for a week or two. it just demonstrates that capcom and tatsunoko are still interested in partnering up.

I figured it was a tournament at best.

You know how you can create actual interest? BY PORTING THE GAME TO MODERN CONSOLES.

Seriously, aside from the usual licensing bullshit how much would it really cost to do this?

Quite a bit? It's not just pressing a button to make it happen. Resolution, texture upgrades, and probably running online services ain't free. And I assume they'd have to get the license again, which can't be cheap.

More importantly, let's be honest here - not that many people would buy TvC. At least, not as many as people here would think. It's a game that has a niche following and I don't see it selling as well as the MVC3 remaster.

For all that work, it might not sell enough to combat cost and make a profit. I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think it's all that viable compared to other ventures.

Quite a bit? It's not just pressing a button to make it happen. Resolution, texture upgrades, and probably running online services ain't free. And I assume they'd have to get the license again, which can't be cheap.

More importantly, let's be honest here - not that many people would buy TvC. At least, not as many as people here would think. It's a game that has a niche following and I don't see it selling as well as the MVC3 remaster.

For all that work, it might not sell enough to combat cost and make a profit. I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think it's all that viable compared to other ventures.

Pffff, there are dozens of us who will buy it day 1

Jawmuncher

i guess it's still worth saying that by "event" they don't mean, like, a press conference. there's no speakers or show or anything. there's almost certainly not any announcements.

it's a bunch of tatsunoko and capcom themed attractions being hosted for a week or two. it just demonstrates that capcom and tatsunoko are still interested in partnering up.

This is horrible
heart_attack7wu5k.jpg

Top Bottom