• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is so much hate and misinformation in politics, how has Donald Trump truly performed so far, as our President of the United States?

Cutty Flam

Dec 3, 2019
Do your best to be truthful, and judge his performance as president with a ranking from 1-10

If you haven't closely followed him and his deeds, his actions, then please refrain from giving an opinion. It will not matter much if it's not objective or aligned with the truth. Those who know the game of politics well, please share your thoughts

Reactions: Heebie Jeebies

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
President Broken Clock. He's divisive, ineffective, constant turnover in his cabinet and other senior leadership, and very few policy wins. And he's a constant distraction from anyone else doing much of anything.

That isn't the worst case scenario, being too stupid to do anything is better than doing something bad. And he occasionally even does things I like, it just doesn't ever seem to be for the right reasons...

My biggest issue with him is the extent to which he has lowered our standards. Just daily lying, scandal, corruption, trolling, and general stupidity. I feel like America is deprived of oxygen and losing brain cells every day he stays in office.

And, you know, the Ukraine thing which any president elected before America's brain trauma would have been booted for.

Last edited:

zelo-ca

Jan 26, 2018
I would give him an 8/10. Domesticly he would be a 10 but I have some opposition to some of his foreign policy that knocks him down a few points.

Ben Shapiro made a good point on his show today. If Trump acted like he did last night and was not nearly as boarish because of how good he has done domesticly he would probably have a 55% approval rating. If everyone saw how good things were and not that he did some bs on Twitter he would be in a lot better position. I dont mind how he acts but I can acknowledge that it is a main issue for a decent percent of the indepenant voters.

Last edited:

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
I would give him an 8/10. Domesticly he would be a 10 but I have some opposition to some of his foreign policy that knocks him down a few points.

Ben Shapiro made a good point on his show today. If Trump acted like he did last night and was not nearly as boarish because of how good he has done domesticly he would probably have a 55% approval rating. If everyone saw how good things were and not that he did some bs on Twitter he would be in a lot better position. I dont mind how he acts but I can acknowledge that it is a main issue for a decent percent of the indepenant voters.
Wow, you really think he would be better liked if he didn't act like an abject retard narcissist with an Adderall addiction every waking moment of his life?

That's a spicy hot take, right there.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Jun 17, 2007

Sounds like the media’s fault to me.

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
You say that yet look at your post? You are acting just like him so please this thread is ment to be substantive so let people explain their points.
Just saying, I can see why this Ben Shapiro makes the big bucks, with incisive analysis like that.

LMJ

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2019
Bootzilla Bootzilla , you gave your opinion skippy, are you really going to mock and criticize those who might disagree? You're probably right there with Shiff in thinking voters shouldn't be able to decide elections 😁

but no worries...you'll get him next time...

As for me, I voted for him but have been pleasantly surprised at how great he's doing, not a fan of every decision but a hindsight better than the extremists on the left that's for sure

7 out of 10 thus far

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Just saying, I can see why this Ben Shapiro makes the big bucks, with incisive analysis like that.
So you are bitter and jealous? Not a good look.

He is easily a 8/10. He made mistakes, the turnover in his administration is troubling, and he tends to fall on safe republican talking points on issues he doesn’t about, but overall he has accomplished a lot. He has been forced to work with insane opposition, and faced head on issues that the democrats refuse to admit even exist.

Last edited:

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Nah, I'm doing great. But don't worry, maybe your guy will win and force me to pay for the help you so desperately need.
You know how you go to McDonald's and there's the guy with Down Syndrome who just can't believe how lucky he is to be mopping up sticky milkshake residue and happily waving to everyone who comes in? And you look at that guy, and you realize "No amount of personal success will ever make me as happy as that guy?"

I guess I'm saying I'm happy for you.

Last edited:

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
4/5
- Solid moves on immigration
- Solid moves on taking a reciprocal approach to trade
- His foreign policy is better than Bush / Obama (It is going to be a multi President process of unfucking FP, swamp is deep)
- Economy is doing great
- Has absolutely exposed the complete non-functioning media
- Has completely exposed the left is this country for the crazies they are
- Helping to slowly claw the judicial away from activists

Did not vote Trump in 2016 will 100% be voting for him in 2020.

Last edited:

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
You know how you go to McDonald's and there's the guy with Down Syndrome who just can't believe how lucky he is to be mopping up sticky milkshake residue and happily waving to everyone who comes in, and you realize no amount of success will ever make you as happy as that guy?

Hey Bootzilla Bootzilla I know you have TDS and hysterically hates trump but this is not the thread for that.
The OP wanted people to just rate his performance and have them rate him from 1 to 10.
Right now you have destroyed his thread by your never ending and derailing TDS ramblings.

Can you shut up from this thread and let people respond how OP wanted. There are other threads you can use to go full TDS.
Please stop ruining this thread. Almost half the bloody posts already are just you TDSing out.

TrainedRage

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
USA
You know how you go to McDonald's and there's the guy with Down Syndrome who just can't believe how lucky he is to be mopping up sticky milkshake residue and happily waving to everyone who comes in? And you look at that guy, and you realize "No amount of personal success will ever make me as happy as that guy?"

Classy

dkny1121

Mar 23, 2018
Wow, you really think he would be better liked if he didn't act like an abject retard narcissist with an Adderall addiction every waking moment of his life?

That's a spicy hot take, right there.
2020 gonna be long year for you my dude. Anyways I think he is a 8/10 and considering the garbage he puts up with, with media ect he is a 10/10

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
2020 gonna be long year for you my dude.
You ain't lying there... I never said the guy was a pushover and I was never surprised he won.

But if you think anything is ever going back to "normal" what he's gone, I think you're kidding yourself. It's Kindergarten Politics from here on out.

Every motherfucker here seems to recognize that Trump is driving people on the left crazy and making the conversation dumber, they just don't realize it's happening to the them too.

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Hey Bootzilla Bootzilla I know you have TDS and hysterically hates trump but this is not the thread for that.
The OP wanted people to just rate his performance and have them rate him from 1 to 10.
Right now you have destroyed his thread by your never ending and derailing TDS ramblings.

Can you shut up from this thread and let people respond how OP wanted. There are other threads you can use to go full TDS.
Please stop ruining this thread. Almost half the bloody posts already are just you TDSing out.
So you're saying you don't like when people constantly talk shit and make everything about themselves at the expense of the greater conversation?

That's a super great point. Would you like it better if I ran for president?

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
President Broken Clock. He's divisive, ineffective, constant turnover in his cabinet and other senior leadership, and very few policy wins. And he's a constant distraction from anyone else doing much of anything.

That isn't the worst case scenario, being too stupid to do anything is worse than doing something bad. And he occasionally even does things I like, it just doesn't ever seem to be for the right reasons...

My biggest issue with him is the extent to which he has lowered our standards. Just daily lying, scandal, corruption, trolling, and general stupidity. I feel like America is deprived of oxygen and losing brain cells every day he stays in office.

And, you know, the Ukraine thing which any president elected before America's brain trauma would have been booted for.
You people always seem to rag on him for saying things you don’t like, and your only actual criticism of his actions is that he hasn’t done enough.

It’s almost like you had an opinion of him drilled into your head long before he reached the oval office, and now you’re trying to find justifications for that opinion rather than looking at his actions and building your opinion from there.

Funny, that.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Every motherfucker here seems to recognize that Trump the media is driving people on the left crazy and making the conversation dumber, they just don't realize it's happening to the them too.
Fixed that for you. The media, like the Dems, never gave Trump the chance to unite the country after his election win. They were still lighting fires the day he won and never once took a breather.

Trump's trolling (re: driving people on the left crazy) would be viewed differently if he was treated the same way as presidents before him. He'd likely receive more backlash for it, including from Republicans, but we don't live in that world. We live in the one where Trump's called a dictator/monarch and guilty of treason, so, enjoy the show you helped create?

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
You people always seem to rag on him for saying things you don’t like, and your only actual criticism of his actions is that he hasn’t done enough.
Well, I mean policy achievements. He's done plenty to make me not like him, it just isn't policy wins.

Like, if a chimp was elected president, and started flinging shit around the room and ripping people's balls of, I could say "I don't like the President's actions" while also saying "He has had very few policy victories".

• LOL
Reactions: V4skunk

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Have you read his Twitter?
I don't miss too many of his tweets. Like I said, had he been given the same opportunity as all other presidents before him and blown it then the criticism regarding his behavior both on and off social media would hold more weight. Hard to complain about the playing field being on fire when you're throwing gas on it.

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
I don't miss too many of his tweets. Like I said, had he been given the same opportunity as all other presidents before him and blown it then the criticism regarding his behavior both on and off social media would hold more weight. Hard to complain about the playing field being on fire when you're throwing gas on it.
You don't think he was doing this before he got sworn in? He trolled his way through the primaries, through the general... I mean this is just what he does. What he WANTS.

I've said it before and I'll say it here again: It's the one thing the man is really good at. He knows how to control the public conversation, how to get people talking about him, and how to capitalize on it. Good or bad. He's brilliant at this. He learned it in the 80s getting his name in tabloids and it's the same tactics now.

Except now our political system is the front page of the fucking Enquirer every day.

Last edited:

pennythots

May 14, 2019
I'd give his presidency itself about an 8/10 even if I think he's a genuinely terrible person with seemingly no moral code. He's been so incredibly useful though. He's eroding the public trust in almost all authoritative government agencies. He readily admits to planning to commit war crimes that suave and charismatic leaders like Obama and Bush got away with because people thought they were just so darn likeable. He's exposed the massive hold and control that MSM and social media giants have over your average citizen's life. He's demonstrated the complete inability of the executive and legislative branch to navigate through their own legal mazes. He's shone a light on how irredeemable neocons and neolibs like Clinton and Romney are. People have no trust in establishment Dems and conservatives are also turning away from establishment Repubs. I just hope cons actually do something with the breathing room Trump has afforded them in their one party. If things go back to people like Romney on one side and Obama on the other then I'm gonna be a bit disappointed. What's the point of a Trump presidency if nothing actually changes after him?

V4skunk

Nov 20, 2018
You don't think he was doing this before he got sworn in? He trolled his way through the primaries, through the general... I mean this is just what he does. What he WANTS.

I've said it before and I'll say it here again: It's the one thing the man is really good at. He knows how to control the public conversation, how to get people talking about him, and how to capitalize on it. Good or bad. He's brilliant at this. He learned it in the 80s getting his name in tabloids and it's the same tactics now.

Except now our political system is the front page of the fucking Enquirer every day.
You need to sort your head out. The msm is pure propaganda!
You have access to the Internet and the capability to go direct to the source and make your own mind up. So do it.
A good example of msm lies/propaganda is the corona virus!
When sites like these are doing articles like this!
https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-04-transcript-dr-francis-boyle-interview-coronavirus-biological-weapon.html

And the fake news isn't! You should ask your self why!

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
And your criticism would hold more weight today if his opponents hadn't tossed away traditions and norms. One could argue that they turned a bully into a victim and are now complaining because they didn't hurt him enough.

Democrats should have taken Michelle Obama's advice, not Hillary Clinton's.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I’d give him an 8/10. I voted for him based on his focus on trade, the economy and immigration. I think he has done well in those areas considering the Democrats and media fight him every step of the way. He’s done a decent job on foreign policy, although he could tone some of the language back. I also feel Republicans dropped the ball on healthcare. They spent years slamming Obamacare, then did not have an alternative when they tried to tackle it at the beginning of the administration. He’s also made a few bad hires that should have been avoided, such as John Bolton.

If he gets another term I hope that he can focus on things like actual immigration reform, infrastructure and pulling more troops out of the Middle East. Maybe someone will eventually improve our healthcare system, but I doubt either side really knows how to.

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
[
And your criticism would hold more weight today if his opponents hadn't tossed away traditions and norms. One could argue that they turned a bully into a victim and are now complaining because they didn't hurt him enough.

Democrats should have taken Michelle Obama's advice, not Hillary Clinton's.
If the whole of your point is that many people opposed to Trump played into his hands, I'd be inclined to agree, but it doesn't really undermine my point that he's debased the whole level of discourse.for the country.

Last edited:

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

That isn't the worst case scenario, being too stupid to do anything is worse than doing something bad. And he occasionally even does things I like, it just doesn't ever seem to be for the right reasons...

Reminder that Comrade Bootlicker is infected with the mind virus:

"Victimhood" isn't really the point. I like living in diverse areas, and at this point in my life and career, that's a conscious choice more than an economic neccessity. I like the people in my neighborhood I just think the police are an Institutionally racist tool of the bourgeoisie.

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Reminder that Comrade Bootlicker is infected with the mind virus:
Do you think that's a gotcha? Fuck the Police, I'll put that in my signature. On their best day, they're a notary with a gun, or tax collectors who target the poorest and most vulnerable. And that's when they're doing what they're supposed to.

Bad police aren't "bad apples", the system itself is rotten to the core.

Off topic, but you started it.

Last edited:

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Oh great, you’re an ableist hypocrite to bootlick

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Do you think that's a gotcha? Fuck the Police, I'll put that in my signature. On their best day, they're a notary with a gun, or tax collectors who target the poorest and most vulnerable. And that's when they're doing what they're supposed to.
I don’t give a shit if you hate the police. Plenty of people do. What gave you away was your verbiage.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Can we have one civil thread where one person doesn't come in and kick over the damn magazine rack?

Holy shit.

As for Trump;

He has done many things that I loathe, like, and love.

Loathe-Getting into personal battles that end up making everyone look like an asshat. I have no problem calling out hypocrisy and as a matter of fact it's one of my favorite things when he goes after the media, but he doesn't know when to stop. Sometimes less, is more Mr. President. (Emphasis on President)

Like-Foreign policy so far. The loons on the fringe left act as if countries around the world are laughing in the background, and behind closed doors. You may be right, but it's not the kind of laughter you think it is. That would be nervous laughter. Now unsure of their standing with the most influential, and powerful nation on earth. Trump is not afraid to let everyone, enemies and allies alike know, don't step out of your lane or your going to pay for it. Going after China has been a personal want of mine for quite some time and it's nice to finally have a president who has enough brass to just do it. You can't appease communism, you must break it.

Love-America first. This seems obvious but we haven't had a president this pro America in many years. He doesn't care about decorum, or civility at times when dealing with other nations and when used in this context it's a good thing. When your the U.S. president, your own people should always come first. Take notes lunatic Democratic presidential nominee's saying you'll extend healthcare to illegals. Obviously stupid ass move.

6.5/10 Will vote for this time, 100%

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I guess I should have said "elite" instead of "bourgeoisie?" Seems like splitting hairs to me.
“Institutionally racist tool of the bourgeoisie” is straight from the script. This isn’t organic speech; you’ve downloaded it into your brain from elsewhere. When you speak like this, I don’t need to know you personally to hazard a guess at your religious beliefs. It’s like someone standing on the street corner preaching about eternal damnation and hellfire: chances are they’re an Evangelical Christian. You, on the other hand, are a New Evangelical.

ramuh

Jun 7, 2013
You ain't lying there... I never said the guy was a pushover and I was never surprised he won.

But if you think anything is ever going back to "normal" what he's gone, I think you're kidding yourself. It's Kindergarten Politics from here on out.

Every motherfucker here seems to recognize that Trump is driving people on the left crazy and making the conversation dumber, they just don't realize it's happening to the them too.
I will say i agree with some of this actually. President Trump's election in 2016 was a shock to the electorate as well as the MSM (overplayed saying..) and his populism which we haven't really seen since Reagan that galvanized the Republican side. That was the shock. They were used to the Romneys and Bushes. There has to be a opposite reaction and I think we are seeing that with Sanders. But it won't work for a general election. Far left has never fared well in American politics.

Anyways my grade would be 8/10. Good policy movements, along with some gaffes. I do wonder about the deficit though. As long as the economy is growing it is not much of a concern. But we are paying a lot in just interest payments on debt. The estimate was like 799 billion by 2024, that is just interest. As high as 1996 by GDP.

Reactions: Vanitymachine

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
LMAO a legit fucking commie is trying to preach to us about politics.
Saying cops protect the interests of rich white folks is not exactly a hot take.

I've already said I'm a traditional capitalist. But I think America has been drifting into oligopoly and away from capitalism.

It’s finna be “fuck the police” right up until one of his “diverse” neighbors points a gun at him 😂😂
Because that's what "they" do, you're saying? 🙄

If I need someone to come fill out some paperwork or shine some bright lights and act like a scarecrow, I'll call a cop, sure. If you think they're gonna show up and solve crimes for you, you might as well call Scooby and the gang.

Bootzilla

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
“Institutionally racist tool of the bourgeoisie” is straight from the script. This isn’t organic speech; you’ve downloaded it into your brain from elsewhere. When you speak like this, I don’t need to know you personally to hazard a guess at your religious beliefs. It’s like someone standing on the street corner preaching about eternal damnation and hellfire: chances are they’re an Evangelical Christian. You, on the other hand, are a New Evangelical.
So, we talked about it before, but I'm a political philosophy major and I talk about things on a certain verbiage maybe, but I'm not a Communist by any means.

I explained my position before, I'm a capitalist, but in the more traditional 1960s understanding of that term where the goal is to maximize competition rather than to slip into some oligarchic hellscape like modern day Russia, which we've been inching ever closer to.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
Because that's what "they" do, you're saying?
Neighborhoods that are described with terms like “diverse” and “melting pot” tend to be poor. Poor area means more crime.

If you would like to refute this reality, feel free.

If I need someone to come fill out some paperwork or shine some bright lights and act like a scarecrow, I'll call a cop, sure. If you think they're gonna show up and solve crimes for you, you might as well call Scooby and the gang.
Lmao okay bro keep drinkin that kool aid. 👌 All cops are bad, all minorities dindu nuffin, the (((bourgeoisie))) are to blame for everything.

Reactions: Barneyco