• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There's a Twitter movement to get CN to renew Young Justice going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
About 5 hours ago, a movement on Twitter was started to convince Cartoon Network to renew Young Justice for another season. I loved the show and I can't blame people for wanting a new season after the massive tease that was the end of the 2nd Season.

CMy_v7TUEAAhh3s.jpg:large

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Man this show is so easy to bring back with a new series Titled "Justice League" and another time skip for the cast that stuff like this is worth the effort. It just takes CN deciding to give the fans what they want.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I think the
time jump at the beginning of season 2
and CN constantly rotating the time slot really did not help the show.

Other than that:

108351d1381515339t-dead-its-dead-jim.jpg

Guys it's gone. It ain't coming back. Very few fan campaigns have worked. It's a niche cartoon, and CN already has TTG.

If twitter campaigns worked I would start one right the fuck now for samurai jack and sym-bionic titan.

Miracle

T E E N T I T A N S Teen Titans Let's go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ep34ULG3w

AHHHHHHH! MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE! :(

A friend of mine showed me this clip and I went from not caring about the show at all to this show needs to not exist anymore.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1QXmpWB1FZg

They are clearly capable of making the show in the original animation again, yet they use it for this scene as a clear "fuck you" to those fans. ;(

although I won't lie, I did chuckle at first.

Good fucking luck getting a show that expensive with those low ratings back on the air, long after the ship has sailed.

At least twitter has more credibility than the perpetual tumblr campaign.

I wish we had the original Teen Titans show. That was getting to be sooo good. The episode where Starfire travels through time was awesome.

DarkFlow

Banned
AHHHHHHH! MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE! :(

A friend of mine showed me this clip and I went from not caring about the show at all to this show needs to not exist anymore.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1QXmpWB1FZg

They are clearly capable of making the show in the original animation again, yet they use it for this scene as a clear "fuck you" to those fans. ;(

although I won't lie, I did chuckle at first.

How about Team Robin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4dALQ3GtJc

Serious Teen Titans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3K6AEiXOAE

About 5 hours ago, a movement on Twitter was started to convince Cartoon Network to renew Young Justice for another season. I loved the show and I can't blame people for wanting a new season after the massive tease that was the end of the 2nd Season.

CMy_v7TUEAAhh3s.jpg:large

"There's no logical reason not to renew a series that carries this much support."

- Look at Cartoon Network's current shows. That network does not care about a semi-serious show with high production values.
- The production team and cast has moved on.
- Shows are expensive.

You'd be better off asking Cartoon Network to make another show in a similar genre.

Gravidee

Good fucking luck getting a show that expensive with those low ratings back on the air, long after the ship has sailed.

At least twitter has more credibility than the perpetual tumblr campaign.

I believe the show actually had pretty good ratings. It was only cancelled because execs thought there were too many girls watching it and also that toys weren't selling or some shit like that.

"no logical reason"

lmao

I'd love to see YJ back but it's not happening, especially with a new Justice League cartoon series coming up.

Wanderer5

These people need to move on and accept the superior superhero show into their lives.

(That is an actual promotional image for TTG, I shit you not.)

That is just depressing.:|

Man this show is so easy to bring back with a new series Titled "Justice League" and another time skip for the cast that stuff like this is worth the effort. It just takes CN deciding to give the fans what they want.

Thought there going to be a new Justice League show anyway.

greg weisman kills it on every cartoon he does. shame his work is always so short lived.

if his shows lasted more than a season (lol) i'd argue he could have been as great as bruce timm.

Sou Da

Wonder what Weisman thinks about this. He retweets every single tweet he finds about his shows.

Also there's no chance of this happening unless DC wises up and just does a damn movie for them already. CN doesn't want action cartoons anymore unless they're some licensed shit they'll never have to advertise.

Sou Da

Lol he replied to almost every tweet, said it would take around 5 mil to make 10 episodes.

Someone asked how much would it take to do all the storylines he wanted and he said infinite.

I believe him too, he plans out the lives of all his characters to the last detail.

Shaanyboi

Banned
A major network dealing with a massive license for a show that would undoubtedly be one of their most expensive to produce, which inherently reliant on merchandising deals (which is the reason the show was cancelled in the first place) is not going to give a shit about what a couple thousand adults say on Twitter.

I would fucking LOVE a third season, but they aren't going to put all the shit into place to get a production going just to appease fans who can't let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom