• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update
Kotaku says Sony not commenting - full story at link
To add some fuel to this rumor fire, today in San Francisco, Sony is holding an event to show off their PS4 games. Although DriveClub was originally part of the lineup, a Sony rep told me this afternoon that it has been removed due to a "scheduling conflict."

When I asked if the game has been delayed, the Sony rep said they don't comment on rumors and speculation.
http://kotaku.com/is-ps4-launch-gam...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Update from the developer - no comment
UDjg0Dx.png

UPDATE from famousmortimer:

Ok so here's what I know...

I heard it from someone I trust. That's all I can say. This person isn't working on the game and could be wrong. I trust that it isn't wrong.

They are likely scrambling to pick a new PS+ game to deliver some good news with the bad and announce it then.

I will likely get banned (temporary, I hope?!?) if I'm wrong so I guess that will let you know how confident I am.

Ok, so, um, well. I was wrong.

Have fun Sony PR!!!

This is good news for fans of Evolution racing games that want the best possible game... and haters of Sony that want something to point and laugh at.

Wait for something official before taking it to the bank... but, yeah, shit.

Thanks to TheRealTalker:
Although we at TSC don’t usually do news pieces, after yesterdays announcement about Watch Dog’s & The Crew slipping into 2014, this rumour was too much not to post.

*Treat this as 100% rumour for now, hopefully it will turn out to be false*

We’ve had word from an anonymous source that Sony’s upcoming PS4 launch title Driveclub is delayed until spring 2014. While no reason for the delay was given it has been reported previously that the game had looked a little unfinished when shown at various events this year.

With a little under a month before the PS4′s US release this isn’t the best of news, especially in the light of Ubisoft’s news that the highly anticipated launch title watch Dog’s won’t be hitting until sometime next year. It’s also a hit to the platforms hugely popular PS+ service as an albeit stripped down version of Driveclub was due to be available for PS+ subscribers free at launch.

It could also be another blow to retailers who are already having to scramble to adjust preorder bundles of the PS4 in light of yesterdays news.

As stated this is just a rumour at present,expect this piece to self destruct if it turns out to be rubbish but we’ll be sure to update as we learn more. I have reached out to both Evolution Studios and Sony for comment but as yet neither has chosen to reply

http://www.thesamecoin.co.uk/2013/10/16/rumour-ps4-launch-title-driveclub-delayed-2014/

I had doubts about this game! My thread where I raised some concerns
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=696952

FStop7

Banned
So I'm going to be spending $400 to play Resogun for 6 months?

It's the 360 all over again. I basically spent $400 to play Geometry Wars for 6 months...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I don't buy it, in the PS3 store it's literally one of the very first things you see on the PS+ page lol

FINALBOSS

Banned
You literally just fucking said you didn't think this was thread worthy because it's a dogshit source...and then you make a thread.

Bsigg12

So I'm going to be spending $400 to play Resogun for 6 months?

It's the 360 all over again. I basically spent $400 to play Geometry Wars for 6 months...

Best 6 months of your life! :p

Geometry is a great game.

This rumor sounds like bullshit though.

whyman

Wow then I really hope Killzone isnt delayed like my gamestop told me today. I trust this about as much as i trusted that guy but i guess it could be true.

coldone

I am still going to keep my PS4 pre-order. But this holiday season belongs to WiiU and PS3. Mario, Zelda & GTA are miles ahead of any next-gen/cross-gen titles I have seen so far.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I don't buy it. Hoping for those page impressions I guess.

They have to do better than "anonymous source" for anyone to take this seriously. Try "a source with knowledge of the situation at Evolution" or "a highly placed source" or some other legitimate sounding synonym for anonymous.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
On the one hand, out of all the launch games I'm okay with this taking a few more months in the oven, but on the other hand the PS4's launch is looking weaker by the day delay.

Really? Is DriveClub that high on people's lists over COD/BF4/KZSF/AC4?
It represents 30% of Sony's first party, big exclusives.

I posted this on you prior thread OP but believed it wasn't thread worthy \
I didn't think this was thread worthy since for me it seems false and the source that supplied this seems sketchy but some people have been telling me that the game has been delayed...
looking for the source of this rumour I found this link

http://www.thesamecoin.co.uk/2013/10/16/rumour-ps4-launch-title-driveclub-delayed-2014/

highly skeptical on my part what do you guys think GAF?

other forums have been taking this far too seriously for what it is worth
take this website with a large grain of salt they even stated as such
As stated this is just a rumour at present,expect this piece to self destruct if it turns out to be rubbish but we’ll be sure to update as we learn more. I have reached out to both Evolution Studios and Sony for comment but as yet neither has chosen to reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom