• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheSameCoin Rumor: DriveClub delayed till 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweep14

Too early to call anything here.

It's way past office hours in UK and Yosp is in bed in japan

We'll get official information in a few hours at max so no reason to panic/rant ect...

Dinda

btw great idea to release GT6 only on PS3 Sony.

Someone order 11000 Meals for Evolution! They have to get that thing out.

Ok so here's what I know...

I heard it from someone I trust. That's all I can say. This person isn't working on the game and could be wrong. I trust that it isn't wrong.

They are likely scrambling to pick a new PS+ game to deliver some good news with the bad and announce it then.

I will likely get banned (temporary, I hope?!?) if I'm wrong so I guess that will let you know how confident I am.

As for personal opinion: Motorstorm was my favorite racing series last gen. I love Evolution. When there was a rumor about a delay last time I posted that I hoped it was true because I want the best possible game from them. I don't need it at launch. I take the jim sterling approach to launches... give me good games spread out, not rushed games all piled on day one.

That said... it's a disaster for Sony PR. This + Watchdogs is bad for next gen sales in general this year. It just further cements the feeling that the systems aren't ready. Which is true. Modern systems never are. The 3DS shipped without an Eshop, the vita didn't have PSone support, the Wii U OS was a disaster. There will be similar growing pains for microsoft and Sony. We already know a lot of stuff has been pushed from launch (youtube uploads, usb storage, ID @ xbox, etc for x1, gaikai, certain headphones working, hdcp being turned off, etc for Ps4). There will also be games for both systems that once you play them you will wish they were delayed. I did make a post a few months back about lowering launch expectations.

If i'm wrong, I'll see ya when I'm allowed back. But I don't think I'm wrong. I would assume if it's untrue someone at sony/evo will crush it shortly. If it's silent... well, wait for the announcement of "hey _____ is on ps+ on day one and also driveclub is delayed but who cares because ______ is on PS+ on day one!."

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If I could make do with fucking Resistance Fall of Man, the original shitty Motorstorm, Gran Turismo PROLOGUE, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma for a year there is no reason you PS4 early adopters should be swayed by this. Gee I wish I had Resogun, Octodad, and Transistor back then, although I'm sure there's a Super Rub A Dub defense force out there.

Mifune

Mehmber
This is so disappointing. It was likely to be a very solid game. Killzone will be good, but its just impossible to tell whether Knack will be good or horrible. But seriously, only two exclusive retail games for launch? That's pathetic. Vita had Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, Hot Shots Golf, Little Deviants, and Modnation Racers, as well as SEVERAL third party exclusives.

It really is a very weak first-party launch lineup.

Odrion

Banned
What fucking games WILL PS4 have if this is the case? It's literally going to be AC4/Knack/Killzone.

Period.

What the fuck. This once incredibly promising launch lineup is beginning to worry me.
Hey! There's still Resogun!

And Doki-Doki Universe! And an better version of Flower!

What happened to the new found love of indie games, guys?

The_Monk

Whenever it comes I hope to be able to play it and enjoy it, if this end up being Delayed it's going to be a sad situation since I was looking for to play this day one and was also considering paying the upgrade price for the Full game instead just the PS+ Edition.

If this is going to be delayed I'm guessing it's for the same reasons Watch Dogs was, to make the game better and more enjoyable.

I can see many GAFfers to be a little upset, if this is true I'm going to be upset too, however there's no need to be rude or offending each other. Threads like this always brings the worst of some people and they end up getting banned, there's no reason for that. We are all here to discuss what we love, no need to tear each other apart when there's so much winning when we stick together and have proper discussions.

Ok, so, um, well. I was wrong.

Have fun Sony PR!!!

This is good news for fans of Evolution racing games that want the best possible game... and haters of Sony that want something to point and laugh at.

Wait for something official before taking it to the bank... but, yeah, shit.

Not good news then

S¡mon

Banned
What fucking games WILL PS4 have if this is the case? It's literally going to be AC4/Knack/Killzone.

Period.

What the fuck. This once incredibly promising launch lineup is beginning to worry me.

We only lost Watch_Dog thusfar, and DriveClub hasn't been confirmed. In fact, I would call this a very inreliable rumour.

And what about other great titles? Like Battlefield 4, FIFA 14/Madden NFL 25, Call of Duty, etc.? Just because those titles are multiplatform, doesn't mean they are less awesome. :)

I heard it from someone I trust. That's all I can say. This person isn't working on the game and could be wrong. I trust that it isn't wrong.

They are likely scrambling to pick a new PS+ game to deliver some good news with the bad and announce it then.

I will likely get banned (temporary, I hope?!?) if I'm wrong so I guess that will let you know how confident I am.

As for personal opinion: Motorstorm was my favorite racing series last gen. I love Evolution. When there was a rumor about a delay last time I posted that I hoped it was true because I want the best possible game from them. I don't need it at launch. I take the jim sterling approach to launches... give me good games spread out, not rushed games all piled on day one.

That said... it's a disaster for Sony PR. This + Watchdogs is bad for next gen sales in general this year. It just further cements the feeling that the systems aren't ready. Which is true. Modern systems never are. The 3DS shipped without an Eshop, the vita didn't have PSone support, the Wii U OS was a disaster. There will be similar growing pains for microsoft and Sony. We already know a lot of stuff has been pushed from launch (youtube uploads, usb storage, ID @ xbox, etc for x1, gaikai, certain headphones working, hdcp being turned off, etc for Ps4). There will also be games for both systems that once you play them you will wish they were delayed.

If i'm wrong, I'll see ya when I'm allowed back. But I don't think I'm wrong. I would assume if it's untrue someone at sony/evo will crush it shortly. If it's silent... well, wait for the announcement of "hey _____ is on ps+ on day one and also driveclub is delayed but who cares because ______ is on PS+ on day one!."
thanks will update the op!

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

That said... it's a disaster for Sony PR. This + Watchdogs is bad for next gen sales in general this year. It just further cements the feeling that the systems aren't ready. Which is true. Modern systems never are. The 3DS shipped without an Eshop, the vita didn't have PSone support, the Wii U OS was a disaster. There will be similar growing pains for microsoft and Sony. We already know a lot of stuff has been pushed from launch (youtube uploads, usb storage, ID @ xbox, etc for x1, gaikai, certain headphones working, hdcp being turned off, etc for Ps4). There will also be games for both systems that once you play them you will wish they were delayed.

DON'T BAN FAMOUSMORTIMER! PLEASE MODS!!!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
If this is true then well... Driveclub clearly needed more time, I posted before saying the game look very unpolished and people were posting gifs showing the many bad things going on with the game and was wondering if they'll release incomplete game again like Motorstorm 1 on PS3, lets wait and see what will happens here.

in any case, I still think that Sony should've make a PS4 version of GT6 for PS4 launch instead of new ip racing game.

Yeah GT6 coming out on PS3 after next gen consoles launch. I've said this many times on here and I always get shit for it but Sony made a huge mistake with GT6 and other exclusives on the PS3 during a next gen launch year. They're stealing the thunder from their own next gen console

Gt6 beyond last of us should all have been ps4 games knack drive club should have been ps3 games. I think this lies at shuei's foot. I understand giving your devs freedom but the health and launch of a new platform should have been of paramount importance when green lighting any new projects over the last 2 years.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If true, the replacement PS+ game has gotta be Knack. That game just screams "Free With PlayStation Plus!"

nib95

Banned
Someone give Nibs a hug.

Appears to be true. No 100% confirmation yet though.

:(

Not a problem, NFS instead I guess. Hope the latter is good though. Was really excited to play DriveClub at launch. Felt like PlayStations take on PGR/Horizon.

Iacobellis

I hope it's not true, but I have a feeling it is. Sony wouldn't announce kiosks today out of the blue, would they? Evo has been quiet on the game since August and it always seemed weird that we were getting most of a AAA game at launch for free.

I trust you and think you are right. You've hit the nail on the head many times over when it comes to Sony, especially this year alone. PS4 not in October, 64GB Vita cards, Borderlands 2 Vita, etc..

Dinda

If it's silent... well, wait for the announcement of "hey _____ is on ps+ on day one and also driveclub is delayed but who cares because ______ is on PS+ on day one!."

Don't let it be Contrast, i want to really buy that game, not get it for free!

I'm serious

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Kind of sucks, I was looking forward to playing it with friends, especially seeing as everyone wanting to play online was going to get at least a good part of the game.

As I had no interest in Driveclub anyway, this doesnt really bother me. However, it fucking sucks for people who were waiting for it. The PS4 exclusive lineup was already sparse at retail.

NotLiquid

That escalated quickly. Thanks for the heads up.

Sony's launch is looking pretty damaged. Not beyond repair but it definitely doesn't look good.

Skeff

Can't see that happening. I mean if they give one of their two remaining retail launch titles away for free then they're not going to be making much dollar!

Well PS+ makes them dollar too you know, it ain't free. Though they could add another indie game, Bring forward the freeness of one of them. we shall see, I would expect 2 free PS+ games at launch though no matter what, though I suppose it could be a Driveclub pre order which would be beyond lame -.-

I'm not really a driving fan (not just changed my mind because of this) but was definitely going to let my brother play this as he is.

Searching for an alternate PS+ game? There is only one option, Knack. It can't be KZ, and they have nothing else.

No

There is another

the-last-guardian-screenshot-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom