• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

They’re All Back For The “Zombieland” Sequel

bitbydeath

Will be watching out for this one. Hopefully they get a new cameo celebrity that is half as good as Bill Murray.

Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin and director Ruben Fleischer are all set to reunite on a sequel to 2009’s surprise comedy hit “Zombieland” at Sony Pictures.

Original scribes Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese (“Deadpool”) and producer Gavin Polone are also back with the script reportedly ready and filming slated to begin in January so the film will be ready in time for an October 2019 release – ten years after the original hit cinemas.

The new film sees the quartet go from the White House to the American heartland as they face off against new kinds of zombies that have evolved since the first film.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/theyre-all-back-for-the-zombieland-sequel/

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
The first movie earned a "no questions asked" ticket purchase from me for the sequel. Here's to hoping its got the same magic as #1.

Doom85

I'll give it a shot but I think comedy sequels that take too long to come out after the first one tend to be not great. Look at Dumb and Dumber 2 (well, the 3rd movie, but you know what I mean), Super Troopers 2, and the absolute bottom of the barrel: Blues Brothers 2000.

I'm definitely down for this. the first one was a great ride and hopefully this one is the same. seeing that even the original writers are on board is a plus. wonder if there's anyway to write Bill Murray in for another cameo. as a zombie maybe?

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Liked the first one but the whole Zombie thing is played out and so 2010 LOL.

I think we have seen pretty much every take on the Zombie genre at this point. Maybe than can bring something interesting to the table but Im not holding my hopes out.

I will still watch it but not expecting anything great.

Liked the first one but the whole Zombie thing is played out and so 2010 LOL.

I think we have seen pretty much every take on the Zombie genre at this point. Maybe than can bring something interesting to the table but Im not holding my hopes out.

I will still watch it but not expecting anything great.
But Zombieland is like the American Shaun of the Dead. The majority of zombie moves like these two don't have comedy in them

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
My only thought:

Why now? Why not 8-9 years ago?!

:/
We should get the 4th Zombiland movie by now.

Edit: Also Murray looked old back then. Now +10 years, omg ...

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
But Zombieland is like the American Shaun of the Dead. The majority of zombie moves like these two don't have comedy in them

I think you kinda just echoed my point. The Zombie comedy thing has already been done with Shaun of the dead, and Zombieland itself. You had some lesser known stuff like Cooties, Warm Bodies and Scouts guide to the Zombie apocalypse.

The Zombie genre has been exhausted IMO. We have seen Zombie comedies, zombie romcoms, zombie action movies, zombie horror. Then on top of it we have had Walking Dead, Fear of the Dead, and Z nation on TV.

With all the Zombie overload its hard to have a unique story. We have kinda seen it all. And the Zombie craze is starting to wane at this point. Even Walking Dead is dying down. Games aren't using Zombies as much. The movie is going to be a tough sell, and late sequels usually don't work out great.

I will still watch it because I am a fan of the genre but I am not expecting anything great, or probably even that funny.

Fox Mulder

Will have to see how it turns out. There's been a lot of bad comedy sequels that came too late in recent years. Zoolander 2, Anchorman 2, Bad Santa 2, Dumb and Dumber To, Joe Dirt 2, etc.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I'll be watching with my patented, Emma Stone shutter glasses that close automatically when she's not on screen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom