• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

They are making things too easy for kids nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meohsix

For instance CapriSun now comes with a TWIST OFF CAP.
PxHBT.jpg

Such BullShit.

I destroyed SO MANY of those old pouches trying to get the straw into that damn hole.
0cHRR.png

Kids truly have it easy nowadays.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If you were able to figure out those Capri Sun pouches you were hot shit on the playground compared to those who couldn't.

Or maybe the town I lived in was pretty dumb.

DaFish

Side note:

You could always puncture the bottom of the capri-sun and drink it upside down

Edit: a wizard beat me...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I still buy my kids the original ones. I'm not making their lives any easier.

Suffer like the rest of us did you little peons.

mainly because costco sells like 500 of them for 6 bucks.

Alucrid

Banned
I destroyed SO MANY of those old pouches trying to get the straw into that damn hole.
0cHRR.png

Kids truly have it easy nowadays.

what idiot slides it 45 degrees like that? You just need to slide it at a slight angle, almost flush, for it to go through.

Ferrio

Banned
I remember when I was young one of my sisters friends was over. She was thirsty, so we grabbed her a capri, and she asked if it was good. We said ya...... she slurped some up and instantly gagged and said it was gross. Me and my sister were shocked... how could she hate capri sun?!?! I took a taste.... the whole package had turned to vinegar.

Also... this is the proper method.

XYv3q.jpg

Patryn

I seem to recall that I always felt robbed when I got Capri Suns in my lunch because they had less liquid than a Hi-C.

Malvolio

The best thing about Capri Sun when I was growing up was that the slim straws fit perfectly into the larger straws that came with our milk. So we would jam the wrapper from the milk straw into the Capri Sun straw and then slide that into the milk straw making the perfect cafeteria blow gun.

yarden24

I remember when I was young one of my sisters friends was over. She was thirsty, so we grabbed her a capri, and she asked if it was good. We said ya...... she slurped some up and instantly gagged and said it was gross. Me and my sister were shocked... how could she hate capri sun?!?! I took a taste.... the whole package had turned to vinegar.

Also... this is the proper method.

XYv3q.jpg

this is far from the proper method, what do you do when you want to put it down for a minute?

mercviper

0cHRR.png

I never understood how this happened because I always opened it by squeezing the bottom to inflate and give a better angle top, and then poke the straw in with thumb over the opening to maintain pressure and prevent squirting :/ Then again I also never understood why people open ketchup packets by tearing out the entire side when it was so much easier to just tear off the corner like the dotted line tells you to...

Razek

Banned
On a side note, I think many kids are permanently dehydrated to some level as I remember always being thirsty since these were so tiny. I never had enough money to get another drink and the water fountain was a death sentence.

I seem to recall having more problem with the Hi-C cartoons because the straws were weak and would bend.

iZD3MaevVBS6L.jpg

The CapriSun straw was strong as hell, like a little spear.

Fuck Capri Suns and there... what, 6 ounces?

I always squeezed the pouch and then inserted the straw with my finger over the top. Or sometimes I'd just put my mouth over the end of the straw so it squirted right in there. From there it was about 1 to 2 seconds of draining that little bastard was emtpy.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
In Sweden I noticed they dub every single fucking teen/kids show these days. When I was a kid we had to know how to read.

I can't imagine how horrible Eerie Indiana would have been as a kid if it was dubbed over here ):

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
They make it easier because the stuff inside wasn't worth the hassle to obtain by normal means.

Xyav1.jpg

Bringing this back would solve this generations juice related problems.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I used to drink Capri Sun by the boatload, and never punctured a single one. Come at me.

Sucks to hear about your poor hand-eye coordination though.

gutshot

600x600-2101254.jpg

"bam! what you know about capri-sun? back in the fuckin 90s we had to put the straw thru the hole 'n shit. that shit was not easy, yo. mothafuckers would fuck up and stick that straw right thru the other side! real talk, if you put it through the fuckin bottom, you were straight dope."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom