• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Social "They had never seen a black man driving a police car before"

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
I'm putting this in the politics section because the police and "race" is always a hot button issue ... But I thought this would be a good feel-good story to have here, especially with yesterday being Dr. King's birthday.

Last edited:

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Thanks for sharing. Crazy to think that this was just 1979, but I guess Oklahoma wasn't the most progressive state in terms of race relations.

Reactions: DeafTourette

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
This is barely politics, especially since this is an article about the 70's.

Thanks for sharing. Crazy to think that this was just 1979, but I guess Oklahoma wasn't the most progressive state in terms of race relations.
No it's not crazy, stop buying the Media and Public School narrative everything was fine after 1965. This is why the democrats keep backtracking to slavery so they skip all the things they did in recent history and pretend it never happened. Even what they teach you of "progressive" states from back then is a lie, all you have to do is look at article archives from the time, some of which are locked behind paywalls.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
This is barely politics, especially since this is an article about the 70's.

No it's not crazy, stop buying the Media and Public School narrative everything was fine after 1965. This is why the democrats keep backtracking to slavery so they skip all the things they did in recent history and pretend it never happened. Even what they teach you of "progressive" states from back then is a lie, all you have to do is look at article archives from the time, some of which are locked behind paywalls.
Yeah, I suppose you are right. I was born in the mid-80s, so by the time I was old enough to understand things like this, it was already the early 90s and while there were certainly bigots, their messages no longer had mainstream penetration and I was growing up around kids of all sorts of different ethnicities and backgrounds and we were all taught to respect each other and our differences, so stuff like balking at a black police officer seems so outlandish to me, but I suppose that was still the norm in many communities around the country in the 70s, 80s, and maybe even later...