Thing you look back and cringe about.

PKM

Oct 11, 2017
What are some moments you look back on and just cringe about how stupid/awkward you were or acted?

I was just thinking about this one today..

Having a conversation with a lady on my sons soccer team a few years back about general dumb shit hes been doing in school (missing homework/talking etc..) Then we get it into his teen angsty/angry mental stuff, typical 16 year old boy things.

She says to me "Oh, I know how hard it can be. My daughter was a cutter."

I respond "Oh, he doesnt do that. He shows up for every class."

*awkward silence*

Hours later...

Me "Ohhhhhh...shit."

Seriously tho, she TMI'd that convo!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
I was a punkass from the ages 19 to 23, I look back on that era with a lot of cringe.

I said a lot of things that pissed people off that I regret, just had a bad attitude in general, of course I think everyone goes through that at that age.

One specific incident was when I was 21 and visiting family was and I forget the fine details, but I made some snide remark regarding hot dogs that pissed my uncle off, he didn't raise his voice or cuss or anything but he stormed off angrily, which was shocking enough since he's normally so laid back.

I was just in general a whiner, but thankfully it didn't last long, only about 4 years, before I started to mature and learned to be more careful about what you say.

Another aspect of that is my politics at the time, I loved the Daily Show, I loved Bill Maher, I thought everything was just a simplistic "liberal = good, conservative = bad", I sure had a lot to learn on that front.

May 17, 2018
I got a good one for you and it's real. I was bout 10 years old and my mom asked me if I wanted to go on a trip to Niagara Falls, her church was going on a bus.

I said yes and on the bus trip up I see this girl I know from school and had no interest in her but her older sister was with her and she was gorgeous at the time.

So it was a pretty fun trip up because we were talking the whole time. We get to the hotel and the older sister asks me to teach her how to swim. I do just that which meant I got to touch her. After swimming I go back to the hotel room and my mom was gone and I decided to take a shower. I was just about to go in and there is a knock at the door.

It's the girls they say they need to stay in my room because the old woman they were staying with was gone and there was nobody to let them in. So the older sister starts flirting with me and touching me a little bit and I freeze. I didn't want my mom to come back and catch me in a threesome, I'm 10.

Eventually the lady comes back and lets them in. Afterwards the church group eats together at a authentic french restaurant and some guy a little older than me spills hot tea on himself. After that she feels sorry for him and spends the rest of the trip with him. So Canada was great but I also remember it as the place where I lost my first girl.

Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I once wore a bright yellow street fighter shirt out to a club
I’m literally wearing a bright yellow Street Fighter shirt right now and it’s years old (I wear it to bed as pyjamas). I got a feeling it’s the same shirt. Did it have Ryu on it?

On topic: I cringe when I think about that threesome I turned down one time.

EDIT: Looks like I’m not the only one...

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
I’m literally wearing a bright yellow Street Fighter shirt right now and it’s years old (I wear it to bed as pyjamas). I got a feeling it’s the same shirt. Did it have Ryu on it?

On topic: I cringe when I think about that threesome I turned down one time.
Probably the same. I can't really remember.

Dec 1, 2017
This is hard to even say...

One time my best friend and I had to take the DC Metro off to VA to build a deck. We sat at the end car where no one was at, and for some dumb reason - I don't know how it started... we started spitting at the back of the seats in front of us.

We did it just about the entire ride until the entire thing was soaked and dripping. (I can't even type this without having to hold in laughter at work) By the time we were done, it was disgusting. Huge puddle of thick slime all over the floor.

For weeks, we laughed thinking about the next persons who saw that mess and wondering WTF happened here?

We were idiotic, dumb kids.

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Isn't that what you are doing now, and what we others want to achieve? ;)
:messenger_grinning_smiling:
I just don't care to spend hours arguing inane bullshit anymore with people I don't know. Sometimes I get myself into a small back and forth or something, but I look at some posts here with dozens of quotes in them and it reminds me of when I used to post at like Gamefaqs and other lesser known boards in my teens. Lots of gotchas and drive bys, lots of time spent quoting people and writing and re-writing responses and going back to read them and awaiting the responses.... just not a good use of my time. Don't get me wrong I'm not above a drive by, but in general my engagement these days is less cringe worthy I feel lol.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
I’ve had so many oh she wanted to have sex realizations after the fact that I’ve lost count. I use to be very fat and this stuff flies over my head on the regular.
Yeah, I had this happen to me back in high school. I was just too fucking stupid to realise she was being more than friendly. God I was a dumb cunt back then.

Apr 9, 2009
When i was 20 i did a speech in a college speech class on why being gay was bad. I didnt actually think it was bad i was just trying to be provocative because i was an edgy dumbass 20 year old. I forgot my words and stood stunned in front of a 200 student auditorium. The professor awkwardly told me I could just make up the grade by reciting the speech later in her office.