• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Things to do, or cool game shops to go to in Seattle?

Loserwhosbetteroffdead

Formerly 'Sleepy Nocchi'
Jul 7, 2019
I'm considering taking a short trip to Seattle next month...I wanted to see Babymetal on the recent tour, because I've never had the chance to before. Sadly I missed the Chicago show that was tonight which is the closest to me because I had to work :(

They have a Seattle show coming up as their last US tour date, and I'm thinking maybe I can save up some from my next 2 paychecks and go see them there. If I do go, it probably wouldn't be more than 1-2 days stay, but might be enough time to go see at least 1 or 2 things. Any place unique worth checking out, or any special game stores/arcades in the city? Probably would be sticking with public transit, so I can't go too out of the way.

I've never been west of the midwest, (well in the US anyway, since I have been to Japan xD), so this would be my first time seeing any part of the west coast.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

Loserwhosbetteroffdead

Formerly 'Sleepy Nocchi'
Jul 7, 2019
Sorry to do a thread bump, but I’m hoping someone else might have something to add. I really don’t know if I wanna make the trip just for the concert, so I’m trying to find out if there’s something else worth doing if I go there.

• Thoughtful

Loserwhosbetteroffdead

Formerly 'Sleepy Nocchi'
Jul 7, 2019
You said Pink Elephant, and I was so confused because I looked up the phrase + seattle, and all I found was a car wash lol. I was like "Wtf is he telling me to go visit a car wash for? is it popular or something?"

I think maybe you meant Pink Gorilla, lol, I looked up video game shops in seattle on google, and I found an import and retro game shop called Pink Gorilla. That makes more sense lol

• Thoughtful

rykomatsu

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2008
Love going to Seattle - don't get much of a chance now since a corporate collaboration I was managing ended :(

Pike Place Market is a fantastic public market. Great product and fish market, interesting crafts, and fantastic food. Some really awesome street performers too, if that's your thing. I usually meander on my own, but there's a 2-3hr tour that goes on too.

Space Needle is another one of those touristy things, but I love seeing cityscapes from up high.

Boeing Field (might need to Uber down there) has a good aviation museum and seeing all the planes at the field is fun as a minor AVGeek.

There's also an underground tour as well that some colleagues recommended to me, but haven't had a chance to get around to yet.

Can't comment on anything gaming related, unfortunately.

Stimpak

Jun 20, 2019
California, USA
Don’t know if you’ll be close to it, but the Museum of Pop Culture was the highlight of my trip to Seattle proper.

They have multiple exhibits for multiple genres. Notable favorite was their basement dedicated entirely to horror franchises and their sci-fi exhibit.

Besides that, my ultimate fun was going to deceptions pass.
Hiking+trees+water=ecstatic

Edit:

2nd edit: apologies, deceptions pass is closer to oak harbor, which is a couple hours away from Seattle.

Last edited:

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
The only thing worst then locals are tourists.

Just kidding, make sure to ignore your GPS and take the viaduct!