• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This fictional Lovecraf inspired "True Crime" Podcast is pretty fun

Fbh

p08pxtbk.jpg

Anyone listened to it?

It's a BBC production , it's not new (I think the first season is from 2018) but a friend recommended it to me and I've really been enjoying it while driving to work.
It's basically a fictional true crime podcast that start investigating the disappearance of a certain man, which ends up sending them down a rabbit hole of witchcraft, secret cults and the occult. It's all based on tales by Lovecraft and deals with a lot of his themes, though it's not a 1:1 retelling of the stories. But it's really fun, with lots of twists and cliffhanger endings. At times I almost forget it's all fake.

The audio format also fits really well with lovecraftian horror. Movies and shows have often struggled with it because how do you depict horrors which are supposed to indescribable? So it being all audio based works great.

It's not perfect, some of the acting is a bit forced (specially the older characters) at times, and some plot points towards the end of S1 are a bit silly (IMO). But it still has me hooked.

DKehoe

I've had this downloaded for a while after I heard good things about it. Unfortunately working from home and therefore commuting less has meant my podcast listening time has been cut down. So I've built up a backlog of my regular ones and not had a chance to get round to this.

Fbh

I've had this downloaded for a while after I heard good things about it. Unfortunately working from home and therefore commuting less has meant my podcast listening time has been cut down. So I've built up a backlog of my regular ones and not had a chance to get round to this.

Yeah if I had no commute my podcast listening would go down like 80%.

But give it try when you have time!

Top Bottom