This guy is badass at Marble Madness. (Not TAS)

I don't know...is it a lot harder doing it with the rolling ball thing than it is using an NES pad? I've beaten that without dieing several times...not that fast, but i haven't played it all that much either (since i beat it without dieing that is!)

Marble Madness was the reason I got an Amiga (ok, the reason I that propelled me to beg that slight bit extra to my parents to get one). I loved that game. I didn't know about that last shortcut in the Ultimate Race; I wondered why he was hanging around the top there for so long.

Nicktals said:
I don't know...is it a lot harder doing it with the rolling ball thing than it is using an NES pad? I've beaten that without dieing several times...not that fast, but i haven't played it all that much either (since i beat it without dieing that is!)
There's definitely a greater degree of technique required to do what he did on the arcade version. Using a d-pad it's way easier to change your current momentum, where with the track ball, it's a huge effort. You saw him using two-hands, which is honestly something I've never seen done before. To be able to pull off all those moves so accurately while slapping the ball around with both hands takes a lot of skill.

I'd imagine the 215,860 score is when he didn't die even once.
I applaud his machine-like perfection while simultaneously shuddering at the amount of time he's spent getting that good.

Looks fake. I would believe it more if it wasnt a direct feed capture of the gameplay..

edit: at 2:00, the ball suddenly flash-rewinds. This is tool-assisted bs.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
shuri said:
Looks fake. I would believe it more if it wasnt a direct feed capture of the gameplay..

edit: at 2:00, the ball suddenly flash-rewinds. This is tool-assisted bs.

Shuri, why you gotta be such a hater all the time.

I played the shit out of this on the Apple II using an analog stick. This is probably one of the first games I actually beat. :eek: Most stuff I played before that were games where you'd just go for a high score.

Oh wow this brings back memories of a time when gaming was magical, probably due to my age but it just doesn't feel the same any more. Oh and that guy is a freak.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ronabo said:
I used to see people do this kind of thing all the time back in the day in the Arcades.

I play all the levels in the game as fast (or in one case, faster) than the OP, but the last level, I never knew about that final shortcut. I only ever beat it once.