• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This guy is badass at Marble Madness. (Not TAS)

Mr Jared

At first, I was like-

2py40fcjpg.gif

But then-

o8zzp4.gif

Nicktals

Banned
I don't know...is it a lot harder doing it with the rolling ball thing than it is using an NES pad? I've beaten that without dieing several times...not that fast, but i haven't played it all that much either (since i beat it without dieing that is!)

dejay

Banned
Marble Madness was the reason I got an Amiga (ok, the reason I that propelled me to beg that slight bit extra to my parents to get one). I loved that game. I didn't know about that last shortcut in the Ultimate Race; I wondered why he was hanging around the top there for so long.

Mr Jared

Nicktals said:
I don't know...is it a lot harder doing it with the rolling ball thing than it is using an NES pad? I've beaten that without dieing several times...not that fast, but i haven't played it all that much either (since i beat it without dieing that is!)

There's definitely a greater degree of technique required to do what he did on the arcade version. Using a d-pad it's way easier to change your current momentum, where with the track ball, it's a huge effort. You saw him using two-hands, which is honestly something I've never seen done before. To be able to pull off all those moves so accurately while slapping the ball around with both hands takes a lot of skill.

cabel

The biggest question is how he did that without pinching the shit out of his hands.

Most painful arcade cabinet ever?

newsguy

Hey, I beat the NES version as a kid and I could swear the last stage was in outer space with blocks that would appear in thin air.

shawnlreed

I'd imagine the 215,860 score is when he didn't die even once.
I applaud his machine-like perfection while simultaneously shuddering at the amount of time he's spent getting that good.

shuri

Banned
Looks fake. I would believe it more if it wasnt a direct feed capture of the gameplay..

edit: at 2:00, the ball suddenly flash-rewinds. This is tool-assisted bs.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
shuri said:
Looks fake. I would believe it more if it wasnt a direct feed capture of the gameplay..

Shuri, why you gotta be such a hater all the time.

cabel

shuri said:

Gravity is opposite on that level ("Everything you know is wrong!"), so that movement was totally normal. Sorry.

YYZ

This is from niconico which means the player is likely Japanese, which means this is legit.

I played the shit out of this on the Apple II using an analog stick. This is probably one of the first games I actually beat. :eek: Most stuff I played before that were games where you'd just go for a high score.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Yep.
Game still freaks me out now as much as it did when I was a kid.

senahorse

Oh wow this brings back memories of a time when gaming was magical, probably due to my age but it just doesn't feel the same any more. Oh and that guy is a freak.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ronabo said:
I used to see people do this kind of thing all the time back in the day in the Arcades.

I play all the levels in the game as fast (or in one case, faster) than the OP, but the last level, I never knew about that final shortcut. I only ever beat it once.

Top Bottom