• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is how the PS4 devkit looks (Via FCC)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
FCC Exhibits Report via Engadget

guQcHLF.jpg

wbRe81P.jpg

Maximum clock frequency is 2.75Ghz? Doesn't mean the final retail unit is indeed higher than 1.6ghz, but does give more possibility to that 2Ghz rumor for the CPU.

NekoFever

Maximum clock frequency is 2.75Ghz? Doesn't mean the final retail unit is indeed higher than 1.6ghz, but does give more possibility to that 2Ghz rumor for the CPU.

All the specs will be higher because it runs a lot of diagnostic and performance monitoring software on top of the games and OS.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I wouldn't count on that.

According to that Aandtech article the CPU in the PS4 doesn't scale well thermally with an increase in clock speed.

DieH@rd

Banned

"Maximum clock frequency of the system"
Highest clocked piece of the system is not a CPU, its a GDDR5 ram or WiFi radios.

Razgreez

I had assumed they are reducing it to 4, because they only officially showed the 4 PS4 face-button colors.

But this and the yellow color (DS4 light) at Ubisoft's E3 demo for The Division makes me wonder.

I can't see why, logically, it wouldnt remain 7

Recall

Dev kits do not always represent final consoles, which we all know. The Dreamcast dev kit was just a PC tower I believe.

Top Bottom